Nexus Clash

Login

Nickname

Password

Don't have an account yet? You can create one. Registered players can create up to three free characters to battle, team up with your friends and explore the worlds of the Nexus! To create a character once you have registered, click on Game Map at the top of the page.
Nexus Clash :: View topic - Add some low-tier Neutral Mobs to Laurentia
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Add some low-tier Neutral Mobs to Laurentia
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nexus Clash Forum Index -> Suggestions Dump
View previous topic :: View next topic  
haliphax
Developer
Developer

PostPosted: Sat Oct 31, 2020 7:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Adding any status effects at all to pets would be a big ask with the existing structure.
tommy

PostPosted: Sun Nov 01, 2020 3:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I guess with any game feature you have to have a goal outcome. What do we want the pets for? The halloween pets are for an event, designed to be tough to kill, to make that event challenging. With that in mind it seems that event is aimed at T3s (end game content).

If we are saying that the goal for the mini pets is to support new players/ characters, then why not have it that they just give EXP and stats to T1s? In the same way that books give less once you get to lvl 20. That way above level 10 (or level 20, which ever was decided) no one has any reason to kill the pets (won't contribute to pets kill, damage dealt, etc).

I do agree with Lychwood that many experienced players know what grinds and things they are working towards (or find high T3s to raid with so they can get exp), but I do understand that for new people, the map of Laurentia can seem like a ghost town.

I think the halloween event shows that pets can be produced en-mass, so maybe just some adjustments to that system (weaker pets, edit who gets exp/ stats from them, make them auto spawn) means this could be an idea that gets trialled (and sounds like with Kandarins back end stuff you can do a little bit of an assessment of its effectiveness for T1s).

It's another discussion point as to the flavour of the pets (though I do like Scribilists idea of 'educational pets' though that sounds more complicated to initiate) but maybe for now just keep it super simple.
Trialist

PostPosted: Sun Nov 01, 2020 5:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Perhaps give full XP and badge stats to Level 1-9, half XP and badge stats to Level 10-19, and just give no rewards to Level 20+. The biggest point of denying badges is to avoid having maxed out T3s just steamroll all these low-level mobs for points. Cutting people off at T2 seems overly harsh, although cutting down on the XP rewards for T2 will encourage them to start finding other targets other than wandering pets.
Badziew

PostPosted: Sun Nov 01, 2020 12:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

haliphax wrote:
Adding any status effects at all to pets would be a big ask with the existing structure.
That's what I was afraid about.
tommy

PostPosted: Sun Nov 01, 2020 4:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

totally agree with this! As long as its easy for the team to implement!

Trialist wrote:
Perhaps give full XP and badge stats to Level 1-9, half XP and badge stats to Level 10-19, and just give no rewards to Level 20+. The biggest point of denying badges is to avoid having maxed out T3s just steamroll all these low-level mobs for points. Cutting people off at T2 seems overly harsh, although cutting down on the XP rewards for T2 will encourage them to start finding other targets other than wandering pets.
haliphax
Developer
Developer

PostPosted: Sun Nov 01, 2020 8:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think even maxxed T3s should still be able to participate. Maybe the different tiers of mobs could scale their rewards, and that's that. There is no system in place right now for fractional badge rewards, so that would be tricky to start tracking now.
Alyss
Explorer
Explorer

PostPosted: Tue Nov 03, 2020 1:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm with Haliphax for sure on this. Firstly, I think getting the mobs and/or mechanics in is much more important to do before worrying about any badge-related things, and secondly and more importantly it's a storm in a teapot. To have another go, if maxed chars do attack them; really, so what? Everyone's AP is finite, and from the hunting of the event I've done I can pretty much confirm it's hardly an OP'd way to eke out some CPs.

For your standard 'run around and direct attack class', even if their log-on coincides exactly with the mobs being respawned, they'll be doing really quite well to get 15 pets killed in one cycle that way. It's no better than Stygia direct killing right now and it's not better than the 'conventional' search grinds, either.

Plus, you probably noticed one phrase there in particular which is the main reason why this is and always will be bit of a storm in a teapot -

'With the mobs being respawned'

This event in particular has mobs that have to be manually respawned. Which is weird. This obviously wouldn't be the case for any added package of mobs to Laurentia, the Sewers, or wherever. They'd respawn automatically when x conditions were met (say, low monster population, or when they're killed elsewhere for a more unique mob like Trialist mentioned - by the way, Trialist's brain is the size of Jupiter, I think the vultures're and general showing-mechanics-by-doing mobs are pretty genius).

So... maxed-out chars who still have a finite AP supply, vs. mobs that automatically respawn when they're/'too many' of them are taken down... in other words, an infinite supply of mobs... there's absolutely no need for high-level chars to be gated in any way so as to discourage them, because they would never be 'depriving' low-level chars of the opportunity to fight them, even if many maxed-out chars did decide to start fighting them on most of their cycles. They're unable to. Now, I do think that there should be a wider selection of challenging PvE content, with more reasons to fight it, but that's a slightly different argument and not as sorely needed as low-level PvE content and general filling for Laurentia and Sewers is.
SaltedSalmon
Explorer
Explorer

PostPosted: Tue Nov 03, 2020 6:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Random suggestion since this crossed my mind -

If we're gonna allow anyone to fight the mobs, why not allow T1's to join the planar war early? My suggestion is simple. When a mob dies, the tile they're on loses infusion based on whatever their alignment was, so killing the good mobs is gonna slowly make the landscape less heavenly.
Carilgar

PostPosted: Tue Nov 03, 2020 8:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SaltedSalmon wrote:
Random suggestion since this crossed my mind -

If we're gonna allow anyone to fight the mobs, why not allow T1's to join the planar war early? My suggestion is simple. When a mob dies, the tile they're on loses infusion based on whatever their alignment was, so killing the good mobs is gonna slowly make the landscape less heavenly.

I like it. You would have to make places more good when you kill evil monsters. This should also apply to the Elysium/Stygia monsters.

Ooooh... can we get priests in the churches/ mosques/etc (good), politicians in parliament (evil), bankers in the banks (very evil) and bartenders/chefs in the food/booze places (neutral)?

Pretty please.
SaltedSalmon
Explorer
Explorer

PostPosted: Wed Nov 04, 2020 5:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Carilgar wrote:
Elysium/Stygia monsters.

I fear that giving those passives to monsters in Elysium/Stygia would mean it would be easier to turn them to the opposite side, which is weird since the outer planes of the good/evil powers should be harder to change.
Carilgar

PostPosted: Wed Nov 04, 2020 7:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

SaltedSalmon wrote:
Carilgar wrote:
Elysium/Stygia monsters.

I fear that giving those passives to monsters in Elysium/Stygia would mean it would be easier to turn them to the opposite side, which is weird since the outer planes of the good/evil powers should be harder to change.

**batters eyelids and whistles innocently**

And your point is? War like this should be exciting...
haliphax
Developer
Developer

PostPosted: Wed Nov 04, 2020 8:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maybe in the outer planes it's like 50/50 if it happens or not?
Alyss
Explorer
Explorer

PostPosted: Wed Nov 04, 2020 9:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Don't grind kills, only tileflips? c':
SaltedSalmon
Explorer
Explorer

PostPosted: Wed Nov 04, 2020 11:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Carilgar wrote:

**batters eyelids and whistles innocently**

And your point is? War like this should be exciting...

It'll be more exciting if its harder to pull off. I'm sure you agree.

haliphax wrote:

Maybe in the outer planes it's like 50/50 if it happens or not?

Perhaps.
Trialist

PostPosted: Wed Nov 04, 2020 2:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd find it ironic that Stygia would become a good-aligned place due to all the evil characters killing evil pets down there.
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nexus Clash Forum Index -> Suggestions Dump All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4

Jump to: