Nexus Clash

Login

Nickname

Password

Don't have an account yet? You can create one. Registered players can create up to three free characters to battle, team up with your friends and explore the worlds of the Nexus! To create a character once you have registered, click on Game Map at the top of the page.
Nexus Clash :: View topic - [Skill: Wyrm Master] Consume Minion
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

[Skill: Wyrm Master] Consume Minion

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nexus Clash Forum Index -> Promoted Suggestions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Trialist

PostPosted: Fri Nov 13, 2020 3:55 pm    Post subject: [Skill: Wyrm Master] Consume Minion Reply with quote

New Skill Suggestion: Consume Minion
Class: Wyrm Master
Child Skill or Summon Imp (60 CP)

The Wyrm Master gains the ability to consume their weakest pets directly. At the cost of 1 AP, the Wyrm Master eats one of their Imps, regaining 1 AP and HP equal to the HP the Imp had remaining. (Up to the WM's maximum HP.) Effectively, they treat their Imps like portable FAKs, albeit ones that cost 15MP to create.

[EDIT]
I might be misunderstanding how Interpose Thrall works, so ignore this bit if it activates 100% of the time already.

If the Wyrm Master also has the skill Interpose Thrall, then the WM gains a status effect Unbending Loyalty for 10 minutes. While under the effects of Unbending Loyalty, attacks have a 100% chance to be redirected towards any Imps remaining, as they seek to not entice the disappointment of their master. Consuming another minion will extend the time of Unbending Loyalty for another 10 minutes.

Last edited by Trialist on Sat Nov 14, 2020 2:42 pm; edited 1 time in total
GreatCatatonic

PostPosted: Fri Nov 13, 2020 7:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

How does Unbending Loyalty change anything? The wiki, at least, suggests that there's already a 100% chance of that.

--Great
Trialist

PostPosted: Sat Nov 14, 2020 2:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Alright, I'm not actually sure if it does or not. I'd assumed there was a chance of it happening, not 100%. However, if I'm wrong then just ignore that part of the suggestion - I thought it would fit the flavor.
Repth
Lore Developer
Lore Developer

PostPosted: Sat Nov 14, 2020 3:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Seems fun, but I would make it 30 cp and work on any pet owned. If it's still "not worth it" for some people, eating different pets could have different effects.
I'd also change the flavor more to "adsorb" rather than eat.
Trialist

PostPosted: Sun Nov 15, 2020 4:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd be fine with it being 30CP (or even cheaper) especially since it is so niche. However, I'm not sure how easy it would be to implement a 30CP child T3 skill in the current game architecture. Plus, any B5 version of the skill would have people considering its effect and pricing its CP accordingly.

When thinking up the skill, I found that Aethersprites were quite useful for regaining HP on a Lightspeaker, in addition to their attack-invisible property. Will-o-Wisps could function similar, giving the Lich some HP along with detecting invisible characters. Imps sort of functioned similar, although they didn't provide HP - perhaps more important for a demon than the other classes. So the idea was to give it sort of a similar function, although at a CP cost.

I'd be concerned about allowing any pet to be eaten using the skill. 15MP for 20HP sounds fair, not a great conversion rate but demons generally don't have great healing options. 20MP/30MP for a full HP heal off a MotP Hellhound/Wrackwyrm would kind of be well beyond what the intention of the skill was - certainly more worth the CP, but not really what I had thought about. Even Tentacles would be giving over twice the HP that Imps do. It would take a bit more thinking if 30CP for a full HP regain (spending only 1AP) is a fair skill.
Kandarin
Dreamweaver
Dreamweaver

PostPosted: Thu Mar 04, 2021 2:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's a cool idea, though it's not specifically in the pipe for B5.
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nexus Clash Forum Index -> Promoted Suggestions All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: