Nexus Clash

Login

Nickname

Password

Don't have an account yet? You can create one. Registered players can create up to three free characters to battle, team up with your friends and explore the worlds of the Nexus! To create a character once you have registered, click on Game Map at the top of the page.
Nexus Clash :: View topic - What if more tiles were unique? +Tile Suggestion Megathread
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

What if more tiles were unique? +Tile Suggestion Megathread

View previous topic :: View next topic  
SaltedSalmon
Explorer
Explorer

PostPosted: Fri Nov 13, 2020 10:15 pm    Post subject: What if more tiles were unique? +Tile Suggestion Megathread Reply with quote

I want to pre-emptively apologize for this suggestion, its probably written in a confusing manner.

I was thinking about infusions coming back next breath. The basic idea to that is that you change a tile towards your alignment, and the amount of tiles you win point toward a specific power winning. But what if some tiles had a more concrete reward? I was thinking we could encourage players to infuse certain tiles by giving them special properties, so it becomes tempting to infuse notable tiles first.

I ran into a problem here though, because there aren't really any tiles like that in Nexus Clash.
https://wiki.nexuscla.sh/wiki/index.php?title=Egg_Field
Even though this is a weird ass field that has imps growing on it, it doesn't net you anything special if you search in it. If tiles don't drop anything special, then there's not much room for their alternative good/evil versions to do anything special, either.
Maybe it should give you actual imp eggs. 0.5% base chance you can find a "hatching egg", which can actually be useful in battle if it allows you to generate a Imp pet.
Even more special would be its converted variants. If neutral or good forces take over it, then it'd hatch eggs that generate different mobs and don't listen to Evil characters.

EDIT: Update from Discord.
Feel free to spitball ideas for tiles in this thread. Kandarin took the initiative and shared one, after all.
"Perhaps if you are a Wyrm Master on that tile, summoning imps should be way cheaper since you're just hatching the eggs and not summoning them across the planes?"
sohdbrimks

PostPosted: Sat Nov 14, 2020 6:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lich should be able to summon pets without corpses in a cemetery, and skeletons without corpses from Ossuary Pits
SaltedSalmon
Explorer
Explorer

PostPosted: Sat Nov 14, 2020 7:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, I was thinking of some stronger effects. Not that minor effects like being able to raise skeletons on a cemetery isn't cool, but getting free corpses only affects the Lich. There's not gonna be much competition over such a tile.
That being said, I realize my suggestion may be troublesome because it means everyone can pop a pet into existence. Maybe I'll replace it with a better one soon-ish.

EDIT:
Graveyards: While evil aligned(Alternatively, while not good aligned), allows Defilers to activate Desecrate every so and so. The Desecration table may be different in this case, like excluding a few results like Unholy Strength or Wicked Exhilaration.
While good aligned, allows redeemed to use their converted counterpart to Desecrate, acting similarly to the above.
SaltedSalmon
Explorer
Explorer

PostPosted: Tue Nov 24, 2020 11:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thinking about it, maybe corrupting a single tile is too small a feat? What if corrupting a set of tiles was what causes things to happen? For a example based on the current Breath, maybe corrupting all tiles that compose the Great Gear(21 tiles total) to Transcendent or Evil causes it to fall, which then does a number of things.

- Neutral/Evil Guilds involved in the fall gain Renown based on how much their Guild Members infused the terrain
- Good Pets stop spawning on Zion and planar damage lessens
- Unique items are added to the drop table of the tiles, including some very desirable things like Armor with Base Holy Resist that demons can wear.
- A new portal opens so Stygian forces can get in more easily?
(- I was also going to say "Makes Namm unable to win the Breath". But if he lost the entire gear then he's probably losing hard already, or he practically owns Valhalla, in which case he should still be able to win)

This might be too much to code (Specially 1) so dunno. It sounds cool, at least.
Kandarin
Dreamweaver
Dreamweaver

PostPosted: Thu Mar 04, 2021 3:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sohdbrimks wrote:
Lich should be able to summon pets without corpses in a cemetery, and skeletons without corpses from Ossuary Pits

Implemented in B5, and not just for cemeteries.

This is an important enough ongoing topic that I'm stickying it.
SaltedSalmon
Explorer
Explorer

PostPosted: Sat May 22, 2021 6:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Say, how about something for the Radiant Armories/Iron Garrisons?

I was thinking you could join a small competition by going to one of them, like "How many angels/demons can you kill?", and if you won you'd get a special weapon. Kinda like a planar guild's artifact, except a little weaker and always combat related.
After all Kaleidoscopia is cool, but for B5 we want people competing inside of the plane.

EDIT: Actually this sounds less like a request that deserves its own thread, but I don't want to make it right now.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nexus Clash Forum Index -> Suggestion Drafts All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: