Nexus Clash

Login

Nickname

Password

Don't have an account yet? You can create one. Registered players can create up to three free characters to battle, team up with your friends and explore the worlds of the Nexus! To create a character once you have registered, click on Game Map at the top of the page.
Nexus Clash :: View topic - Well, it was fun while it lasted
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Well, it was fun while it lasted

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nexus Clash Forum Index -> Out-of-Character Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
GreatCatatonic

PostPosted: Mon Dec 14, 2020 10:52 pm    Post subject: Well, it was fun while it lasted Reply with quote

For science! Brick MacPherson and GreatCatatonic decided to see just how big a petwall the two Lightspeakers could maintain (with the help of a dedicated Archon and two other sporadic Energizers).

Turns out it's a hundred!

Then, I wondered, could this many even bust through an NC (they already shredded a DO)?

Turns out they can't!

Looking at the logs, though, it took about three minutes to get through them all, and the pets dealt a combined 316 damage before succumbing, so much healing support was still needed for the raiders.

Anyway, here's a reminder of what the glorious horde looked like:

AND NOT A SINGLE ONE WASN'T NAMED; TAKE NOTE OTHER PETMASTERS OF THE NEXUS.

#nerfAdaptation

#movezigforgreatjustice

--Great
sohdbrimks

PostPosted: Tue Dec 15, 2020 8:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

nice
RKBBQ
Mortal
Mortal

PostPosted: Tue Dec 15, 2020 9:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you for your contribution to the #nerfAdaptation cause.
Fellis
Developer
Developer

PostPosted: Tue Dec 15, 2020 9:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Who isnt naming their pets, it’s the second greatest form of self-expression in the nexus after explosive murder

Also Lightspeakers really need a Lich friend for good defense, maybe a fourth pet type. Adaptation hoses LS because everything is holy, but also Holy affinity does a similar thing. I think Doom Howler could have done it pretty easily with phasing and 25% defense as well.

Side benefit of 100+ pets: slow pageloads for raidteam

E: im kinda surprised though, i’d think between misses and other RNG that youd have enough pets on secondary attacks and hitting that you’d get a decent variety to bust adapt. I guess you only have like 16 rounds of pet attacks for that to sort itself though
Nightwielder
Mortal
Mortal

PostPosted: Tue Dec 15, 2020 4:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Counter argument to team nerf adaption

If it is possible to maintain 100 pets, shouldn't it be possible to take them down? Otherwise, you have made yourself invincible as a faction and that sounds like no fun for anyone.

Counter counter argument

If it took two pet Masters to build a hundred pet wall, it should probably take two tanks to take it out

Counter counter counter argument

while it did only take one tank, there were a lot of potions involved as well as external healing from someone else... So I feel like it balances 😏😆
Kylinn
Nexus Clash Veteran
Nexus Clash Veteran

PostPosted: Tue Dec 22, 2020 12:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That faction did have a lich at one time, but not any longer. Sad

As I recall, at one point we had 4 or 5 petmasters, and my poor Advocate going nuts trying to keep them all energized.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nexus Clash Forum Index -> Out-of-Character Discussion All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: