Nexus Clash

Login

Nickname

Password

Don't have an account yet? You can create one. Registered players can create up to three free characters to battle, team up with your friends and explore the worlds of the Nexus! To create a character once you have registered, click on Game Map at the top of the page.
Nexus Clash :: View topic - Hiding for special pets.
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Hiding for special pets.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nexus Clash Forum Index -> Suggestions Dump
View previous topic :: View next topic  
TaylerIsh
Mortal
Mortal

PostPosted: Sun Aug 08, 2021 10:22 am    Post subject: Hiding for special pets. Reply with quote

I play as a revenant. I can summon bats. But this skill is almost never used by me for one simple reason: it is impossible to hide with them. They give out the presence of a character in a tile.
Therefore, is it possible to make the same concealment for them and other similar pets, so that my angels are always with me, and not at strictly defined moments?
Fellis
Developer
Developer

PostPosted: Mon Aug 09, 2021 9:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pets do not give shadows outside, so the only way that the bats would reveal your position is by someone stepping inside.

I could see some reason for pets to be able to “hide” but it would have to be in defensive or passive mode only. Hidden petmasters can already be an unpleasant surprise.
SaltedSalmon
Explorer
Explorer

PostPosted: Mon Aug 09, 2021 3:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fellis wrote:
Pets do not give shadows outside, so the only way that the bats would reveal your position is by someone stepping inside.

I see you've been using a character with Enhanced Senses lately.

No, a pet can definitely give away your location. A person could have entered a random tile for any reason, like hiding. Its not guaranteed that they'll search the tile.
Fellis
Developer
Developer

PostPosted: Mon Aug 09, 2021 8:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If they are stepping into the tile to hide, they are probably at the end of their AP cycle. It's also fairly random unless you are picking certain tiles like 1 step away from a resource building/library.

I've slept in many a building with my pet out and never had a problem. Although I am a balance NC so if someone found me, they probably just moved on. I generally leave my pet on passive and name them FREE XP though
TaylerIsh
Mortal
Mortal

PostPosted: Wed Aug 11, 2021 12:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fellis wrote:

I could see some reason for pets to be able to “hide” but it would have to be in defensive or passive mode only. Hidden petmasters can already be an unpleasant surprise.

Inside? Inside ?! You do not understand. You can hide outside too! It all depends on the situation! Sometimes it's safer outside than inside! But the pets are visible from the outside, that's the problem.
Kandarin
Dreamweaver
Dreamweaver

PostPosted: Wed Aug 11, 2021 10:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

In-universe, keeping a pet hidden where no one walking through will notice and keeping a pet prepped and ready to fight at a moment's notice even when you're offline would have to be mutually exclusive.
sohdbrimks

PostPosted: Wed Aug 11, 2021 2:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't think it makes sense for most pets. It would be fun if the WM got some kind of trapdoor spider pet that could hide though.
Fellis
Developer
Developer

PostPosted: Wed Aug 11, 2021 7:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TaylerIsh wrote:

Inside? Inside ?! You do not understand. You can hide outside too! It all depends on the situation! Sometimes it's safer outside than inside! But the pets are visible from the outside, that's the problem.

It seems like in the situation where you have a pet, it's safer inside! You should probably just dismiss the pet though, it only costs 15mp to re-summon it. I could see not wanting to if you got the exalted bats though

sohdbrimks wrote:
I don't think it makes sense for most pets. It would be fun if the WM got some kind of trapdoor spider pet that could hide though.

the trapdoor spider monster *is* the wyrm master
Badziew

PostPosted: Thu Aug 12, 2021 1:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fellis wrote:
It seems like in the situation where you have a pet, it's safer inside! You should probably just dismiss the pet though, it only costs 15mp to re-summon it. I could see not wanting to if you got the exalted bats though

I think the topic is about all pets in general, and the revenant was just used as an example.
It is easy to resummon a single pet, but if you are a "full-blown" petmaster with a horde, rebuilding it from scratch would take a lot of time, especially as a Lich that needs some "raw materials" for their pets.
TaylerIsh
Mortal
Mortal

PostPosted: Thu Aug 12, 2021 2:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kandarin wrote:
In-universe, keeping a pet hidden where no one walking through will notice and keeping a pet prepped and ready to fight at a moment's notice even when you're offline would have to be mutually exclusive.

And I totally agree with that. I would like to leave my mice in stealth defense mode rather than non-allied positions.
And besides, bats are quite useless as a pet. And useless pets can only be loved. But even this does not work for me, because they constantly need to be dispatched in order to prevent others from discovering themselves when I am hiding outside ((((
TaylerIsh
Mortal
Mortal

PostPosted: Thu Aug 12, 2021 2:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Badziew wrote:
Fellis wrote:

I think the topic is about all pets in general, and the revenant was just used as an example.
It is easy to resummon a single pet, but if you are a "full-blown" petmaster with a horde, rebuilding it from scratch would take a lot of time, especially as a Lich that needs some "raw materials" for their pets.

No ... you did not understand me. I seem to be speaking poorly. Sorry for my English. But I was only talking about the pets, which the characters may have in the singular.
Otherwise, I'm afraid it could lead to imbalance.
Although the idea of a hidden horde of corpses (with a characteristic description in the location) seems interesting to me
But I remember the lich, yes ...

Last edited by TaylerIsh on Thu Aug 12, 2021 2:41 am; edited 1 time in total
TaylerIsh
Mortal
Mortal

PostPosted: Thu Aug 12, 2021 2:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

sohdbrimks wrote:

For the majority, it probably does not. The spider trap idea is interesting though.
I spoke only about pets, whose benefit is reduced only in affection of oneself.
Kandarin
Dreamweaver
Dreamweaver

PostPosted: Tue Oct 26, 2021 8:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pets and hiding are meant to be mutually exclusive.
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nexus Clash Forum Index -> Suggestions Dump All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: