Nexus Clash

Login

Nickname

Password

Don't have an account yet? You can create one. Registered players can create up to three free characters to battle, team up with your friends and explore the worlds of the Nexus! To create a character once you have registered, click on Game Map at the top of the page.
Nexus Clash :: View topic - T2 Leaks: Pariah!
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

T2 Leaks: Pariah!

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Fellis
Developer
Developer

PostPosted: Fri Oct 01, 2021 10:06 pm    Post subject: T2 Leaks: Pariah! Reply with quote

Hello! You thought I forgot about you! But I am here for another round of Dev Leeks!

First off the class feature!

Quote:
Class Feature: STYGIAN FURY
Passive: Character has a 25% chance to explode on death, AoE has a 50/50 chance of unholy/fire damage, max damage = level/2, total damage = level*5, does not target factionmates. 75% to hit.
Toggle: Character gains “Stygian Fury” toggle (1 AP/5 MP), when activated, Pariah gains +1 to damage with attacks and gains 1 MP per action taken… but also takes 2 HP damage per action taken. Toggle lasts until deactivated (0 AP/0 MP) or death.

Already my corrupting influence shows itself. EXPLOSIVE MURDER FOR ALL. Oh also I guess some new mechanic where you trade a resource for damage or something? In like an evil blood power way? Gosh who cares, now everyone gets to explode aww yeah!

Hmm, but that is a bit concerning! Now pariahs are gonna have a heck of a time managing their health! And they’ll have so much MP! This certainly isn’t blatantly foreshadowing any new sk

Quote:
(20 CP) FEAST ON SUFFERING: Charged attack (8 MP), on a hit, pariah heals damage equal to damage inflicted by the attack (cannot go over max, but no cap on damage healed). Only usable against living targets (characters, pets).

Well how about that! Now we can use that extra MP to mitigate the health loss from the class feature! Wowee! Blood Taste is still around for those clawsy HtH folks, and will also be getting a toggle so you also have a choice on when to start regenning HP like all the other weapon classes.

But hey the Myrmidion got like +4 damage, why does Pariah only get one? That seems a b

Quote:
(40 CP) BLOODED FURY: Child of Stygian Fury. Passive. Pariah gains damage bonus to all attacks while injured. +1 if Pariah is <100% of hit points, +2 if Pariah is <66% of hit points, +3 if Pariah is <33% of hit points.

(Enervate now costs 20 CP and has +5% to hit on the charge attack, Rend Flesh is unchanged)

Wow! WOW! Also rude interruption, my own narrative that I’m writing! But hey now Pariah has a neat mechanic where you trade wellbeing for power! Very Evil! And a new and exciting way to grant flat damage other than boring old Strong/Elite attack. Managing this will be a fun little thing (hopefully) and will put a bit of skill into clicking that attack button, now you have to watch the red circle too! I’m sure nobody’s accidentally killed themselves on an aura before…

This is a bit less powerful than the Myrmidion, but you are spending less CP for it as well, and you have a bit more consistency instead of having to hit attacks for your bonuses (just that first enervate per target). But you will also miss some damage unless you are running at the bare minimum of HP which can be dangerous in a raid or in a hunt!

There’s a few more skills as well, but these are teasers! Lets show the real crowd pleaser!

No? Not when I ask? You have to interrup

Quote:
(40 CP) EXPLOSIVE MURDER: Child of Stygian Fury. Character gains “Explosive Murder” button (may voluntarily explode) for 1 AP, 8 MP. Chance for AoE when killed raised to 75%. To-hit raised to 90% Per-target AoE damage increases to level, total damage increases to level*10.
Kylinn
Nexus Clash Veteran
Nexus Clash Veteran

PostPosted: Sat Oct 02, 2021 12:09 pm    Post subject: Re: T2 Leaks: Pariah! Reply with quote

Fellis wrote:
Quote:
(40 CP) EXPLOSIVE MURDER: Child of Stygian Fury. Character gains “Explosive Murder” button (may voluntarily explode) for 1 AP, 8 MP. Chance for AoE when killed raised to 75%. To-hit raised to 90% Per-target AoE damage increases to level, total damage increases to level*10.
The important question is: is the Explosive Murder button still placed so that a pariah can still detonate themselves accidentally? Because we all know that it pleases the game gods when pariahs explode accidentally.
Azure

PostPosted: Sat Oct 02, 2021 1:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
(20CP) FEAST ON SUFFERING: Charged attack (8 MP), on a hit, pariah heals damage equal to damage inflicted by the attack (cannot go over max, but no cap on damage healed). Only usable against living targets (characters, pets).

Liches and revs count as unliving targets I suppose?
Fellis
Developer
Developer

PostPosted: Sat Oct 02, 2021 3:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

@Kylinn
We’ve programmed in at least 13% more page load button bounce as a balance mechanism for EM

@Azure
Please direct philosophical questions like “What is life” to lore devs, thanks in advance
Kandarin
Dreamweaver
Dreamweaver

PostPosted: Sat Oct 02, 2021 7:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Azure wrote:
Quote:
(20CP) FEAST ON SUFFERING: Charged attack (8 MP), on a hit, pariah heals damage equal to damage inflicted by the attack (cannot go over max, but no cap on damage healed). Only usable against living targets (characters, pets).

Liches and revs count as unliving targets I suppose?

The demonic hunger of the Pariah is just as capable of feeding off necromantic unlife as actual breathing life.
Badziew

PostPosted: Sun Oct 03, 2021 1:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
"Mmmm... a bit stale but still tasty!"
Kylinn
Nexus Clash Veteran
Nexus Clash Veteran

PostPosted: Sun Oct 03, 2021 6:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fellis wrote:
@Kylinn
We’ve programmed in at least 13% more page load button bounce as a balance mechanism for EM

But but - can they explode accidentally? Nothing is funnier than premature explosivity. ("I, uh, meant to do that?" "Right while we were still breaking the ward?" "Practice!")
Fellis
Developer
Developer

PostPosted: Sun Oct 03, 2021 9:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pariahs are never late nor early, they always self-immolate precisely on time
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nexus Clash Forum Index -> Announcements All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: