Nexus Clash

Login

Nickname

Password

Don't have an account yet? You can create one. Registered players can create up to three free characters to battle, team up with your friends and explore the worlds of the Nexus! To create a character once you have registered, click on Game Map at the top of the page.
Nexus Clash :: View topic - Map: Reduce planar damage when tiletype is changed
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Map: Reduce planar damage when tiletype is changed

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nexus Clash Forum Index -> Promoted Suggestions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Kandarin
Dreamweaver
Dreamweaver

PostPosted: Fri Jun 08, 2012 7:46 am    Post subject: Map: Reduce planar damage when tiletype is changed Reply with quote

When a tile on an aligned plane is changed to a tiletype of the opposing alignment (or Unaligned) characters of the corresponding to its new alignment should take less than full planar damage.

Reasoning: The land has been twisted into something contrary to its inherent nature, and that should be reflected in the relative safety of traveling through it. At the same time, that nature can never be totally changed - Gehenna can never really be purified, Elysium can never be fully corrupted - so some damage should remain.

For example, when Gehenna invaded Elysium mid-breaths and left demonic taint upon the land, that taint should have made that part of Elysium at least a little bit more hospitable for demons to lurk in.
Tomppa
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2012 8:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wholeheartedly support this, and was going to suggest something similar.
I -also- suggest that angels and mortals take planar damage (perhaps half of the normal amount? Or 2/3?) when moving through a square that has been infused and so turned into a "stygian" square, and vice versa. This way, even if the square is located in Purgatorio or valhalla, good and evil (and neutral!) factions can claim land for their side.

This would also mean that a Gehenna square infused to a neutral faction to the degree that it turns (isn't it 500?) would deal planar damage to everyone.
EDIT: Perhaps, in the spirit of the first post, have the tile deal lessened planar damage to those who are native to the "tile type".
(That's from Dracula, by Stoker.)

Last edited by Tomppa on Mon Jun 18, 2012 8:53 am; edited 1 time in total
Niphy

PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2012 8:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You miss read he told that infused tiles to angel factions in gehenna or deamon in elsyum would lessen the planar damage
Tomppa
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2012 8:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Niphy wrote:
You miss read he told that infused tiles to angel factions in gehenna or deamon in elsyum would lessen the planar damage

Actually, I did not. I simply ment that I'd add to the suggestion that the tiles would deal planar damage to those not native to the tile in question. I could have phrased that better, though.
Niphy

PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2012 12:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What about ferals then,they would take damage whereever they move or smaller faction it is idea which favors larger factions also that was implemented in breath 2 i think it was proved that it suxs there
Tomppa
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2012 2:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think the damage should be dealt only on squares that are so infused that they have changed. Which means squares at 500 infusion. There aren't that many of those, so I don't think it would mess too much with anyone.
Kandarin
Dreamweaver
Dreamweaver

PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2012 7:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tomppa wrote:
I think the damage should be dealt only on squares that are so infused that they have changed. Which means squares at 500 infusion. There aren't that many of those, so I don't think it would mess too much with anyone.

Elysium and Gehenna squares flip when infused to 100 to a non-native alignment. For Valhalla I believe it's 200. I haven't tried massively infusing anything in Purg or the Dead Caves to Good or Evil (yet!) so someone else can chip in on that one. I'd like to think that this (like planar damage in Breath 2) is a 'winning power' trait - Tholaghru's power is ascendant, so everything is more flexible and changeable - but I have no confirmation of that theory.

In any case, I stand by my original suggestion. Mass tiletype changing is much more plausible in this Breath than the last, though it still takes organization. Therefore, it makes sense for it to have more than mere cosmetic effects - but it shouldn't trump the nature of the plane.
BobGeneric
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2012 4:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Promote.
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nexus Clash Forum Index -> Promoted Suggestions All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: