Nexus Clash

Login

Nickname

Password

Don't have an account yet? You can create one. Registered players can create up to three free characters to battle, team up with your friends and explore the worlds of the Nexus! To create a character once you have registered, click on Game Map at the top of the page.
Nexus Clash :: View topic - Claustrophobia - Horror RP Game (Discussion thread)
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Claustrophobia - Horror RP Game (Discussion thread)

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Yukari

PostPosted: Wed Sep 23, 2015 9:55 am    Post subject: Claustrophobia - Horror RP Game (Discussion thread) Reply with quote

I bring you this survival horror roleplaying game a friend made, and which we've tried a few times over at different places and with different people. It's quite cool and gripping, and hopefully we can have a good run.

The setting is simple, and so is your main goal - survival.

Quote:
"You wake up suddenly in a dark room. There is only one door and no windows, some old and dusty furniture and cobwebs in every corner. The ceiling must be about 5 meters high. The room is huge. The wooden floor creaks when you walk. The house is clearly very old. Something, maybe your survival instinct, tells you to leave... as soon as possible."

Just fill your character sheet in a post and I'll begin as soon as I have enough players, up to a maximum of 5 (preliminarly). Further players, if any, will go into a queue and join the game as old players start dying, in a first-come-first-server manner. Losers may reapply as a brand new player.

This works in a rather free-form way, with certain limitations: you can only choose what *your* character does, or attempts to do - not what other people's do, and more importantly, not what the house does, or what you find withing it. In my posts I show you the scene, the environment, the results of your actions and the consequences of them. If you wanted to find a certain object, or maybe if you weren't conformed with what you found in a certain place, you could choose to search for something in specific, or put your surroundings into scrutiny. If you keep all this in mind, any action you could think of performing, you could do... or try, at least. Whether you succeed or fail at doing that one thing depends on the circumstances, on your character's strengths, and on how crazy what you're trying to do actually is. If you're confused, just be careful, try to use your common sense, and stay alive. The game is open, and most actions will be welcome, although they may not yield the exact results you hope for. Lengthy posts are ok; clarity is always preferred.

Code:

Name:

Stats: You have 25 points to distribute in 6 stats. Max is 10 and min is 0, no negative numbers. They are meant merely as a rough representation of your character's strengths and weaknesses, not absolutes.

Instinct: some ability to deal with or figure out what you don't know.

Willpower: Mental fortitude; ability to withstand shocking experiences.

Awareness: How keen (all of) your senses are.

Agility: Your overall physical speed and acrobatics.

Strength: How physically strong you are, as well as resistances to a degree.

Dexterity: How deft you are handling things, and finesse at performing various tasks.

Brief description: whatever you might want to add about your character.

Applications and discussion here, the game itself will go in another thread if and when we start it.

(oh, and I'm not really a good story-teller so don't be surprised if this sucks.)
Pikanchion
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Wed Sep 23, 2015 10:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Name: Pikanchion Miyuki

Instinct: 2

Willpower: 2

Awareness: 7

Agility: 7

Strength: 0

Dexterity: 7

Brief description: Strength is meant to be a dump stat, right?

Female, 25, Japanese, speaks to cats.

Last edited by Pikanchion on Wed Sep 23, 2015 10:38 am; edited 1 time in total
Yukari

PostPosted: Wed Sep 23, 2015 10:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sure is! lol
rokkanslainte

PostPosted: Wed Sep 23, 2015 11:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Name: Rokk Anroll

Instinct: 6

Willpower: 4

Awareness: 3

Agility: 3

Strength: 4

Dexterity: 5

Brief description: late twenties, female, indiscernable nationality. Mute but not deaf.

Last edited by rokkanslainte on Wed Sep 23, 2015 1:40 pm; edited 1 time in total
Aidan
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Wed Sep 23, 2015 12:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gary Lastname

Instinct: 1. Let us be honest, here. "Instinct" is just newb-speak for intelligent deduction.

Willpower: 5. I will defeat you.

Awareness: 4. I am aware of my limitations. Too bad you don't know yours.

Agility: 2. Slow and steady can't win the race. Unless they are Gary Lastname, that is.

Strength: 9. Do you even lift?

Dexterity: 4. I am not even giving it my hundred percent.

-----

A brief description? Brief descriptions do not really do justice to Gary Lastname.

Gary Lastname. Your distant cousin whose name has been carved into your mind since the day you were born.

From your parents and relatives to passers-by on the street, from Facebook and Twitter to the myriad chatrooms on the internet, you have been told all your life that Gary is the better (perhaps the best) student/athlete/wrestler/man/pumpkin/puma, in the face of both failure and achievement.

You are sick of it. Admit it. You have dreamed of defeating me. Of wiping that confident smirk off my face with an achievement more headturning than the time I climbed the Everest at the age of 5. A trophy more unobtainable than the Nobel Prize I earned combinedly in Physics, Chemistry, Physiology and Peace at the age of 11. Yes, that time I was down with jaundice and pneumonia, poor me.

Oh well.

Good luck, squirt. I am not even giving it my hundred percent.

I will try to bring along my Vs Seeker, this time, so I have some entertainment while traipsing through this so-called haunted house. Good luck. You will need it.

[Vs Seeker is a device that allows me to observe a random other player's turn at the temporary cost of 1 stat-point from each of my stats. Or it could be free. I just want to break the fourth wall a bit and make a couple of caustic comments when someone dies].

EDIT: Removed Arcoiris' profile since no longer relevant.

Last edited by Aidan on Sun Sep 27, 2015 7:37 am; edited 2 times in total
Yukari

PostPosted: Wed Sep 23, 2015 12:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was starting to sweat, because, yes, in one game, I had someone play a rabbit.

A white, fluffy rabbit, called snowball, even.

Gawds.
Saint_Jimmy
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Wed Sep 23, 2015 12:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MurphyBecause how could this go wrong?

Instinct:0
Willpower:0
Awareness:10
Agility:5
Strength:5
Dexterity:5

Brief description Murphy has *really* big ears. He's not very smart though, unfortunately. And who needs willpower in a haunted house? Early twenties, male. And not a horse.
Yukari

PostPosted: Wed Sep 23, 2015 1:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Okay, we have 4 players. The last spot is temporarily reserved, but applications can still come in and be queued. When the 5th spot is freed or taken later today I'll make a new post.

EDIT: Turn 1 posted for Miyuki, Rokk, and Murphy.
Shadok
Nexus Fixture
Nexus Fixture

PostPosted: Wed Sep 23, 2015 7:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll join the queue. Sounds like a horrible nasty thing to do to a fictional character.

And since playing normal is no fun, lets see if Yukari will let me play this unorthodox character Razz

Quote:
Name: Marian/Samantha Jackson (Mary and Sam for short)

Stats

Instinct: Marian: 6, Samantha: 1

Willpower: Marian: 0, Samantha: 7

Awareness: Marian: 7, Samantha: 3

Agility: Marian: 9, Samantha: 1

Strength: Marian: 0. Samantha: 6

Dexterity: Marian: 3, Samantha: 7

Brief description: Report from Doctor Steven Hilsong, PhD, written for Matron Stacy Peters of Lakeside Mental Hospital:

Marian Jackson (birth name) is rather unusual for a case of multiple-personality disorder. Normally when a second personality is generated via trauma as her second, Samantha, personality has, the two remain oblivious to one-another's existence or at best only one knows. But the two seem to know of one-another and even remain conscious when the other is in control. This seems to allow the two to avoid playing "catch up" or the usual confusion resulting from "waking up" in the last place the other was in, but the two act more like sisters than one person with two personalities. I'm not sure if your recommendation to fix Marian is at all viable. At this point the two personalities depend too much on one-another for her to ever be stable, an odd case of co-dependence where one person co-depends on HERSELF. Marian is intelligent and graceful, while Samantha is instinctual and strong. The two balance one-another. With a bit of treatment, Marian/Samantha could si̸m͠pl͡y͞ be̡com̶e̡ a̷͓ ̮̳͎̻ͅp҉̠ṟ͇ơ̟͇̗̥̟d͍̬̥̩̞̘ͅu̫̲̜̱̮͕͞c͚t̸ív̕e̬̤̪͙̜͟ͅ ṃ̶̺͍̖̘̬̝̍̑ͭ̍e͏m̩̘̺͚͎̹̹͛ͮ̾̂b̰͆ͭ̃͂̾̚ė͙̳̙̙̯̥r̡̤̭ͤ͗̄ͮ͒̒ ̰̼͙͋́̌͗̉̾ȍ̖͉̼̅f̮̹͓͔̍ͦ́ͯͥ͟...

[The remainder of this document has been too damaged to read]

[OOC note: While Marian/Samantha has 2 different stats, which persona is in control is up to Yukari as the GM. They're two personalities sharing 1 body, so the death of one will naturally kill the other]

"Oh, sorry, thought I was in a Vault of Enlightenment, not someone's booze cabinet." -Kharn
Yukari

PostPosted: Wed Sep 23, 2015 7:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

After talking this character out in IRC, I approve ;) Added to queue, looking forward to see what happens...
Wozzy
Misinformation Meme Machine

PostPosted: Thu Sep 24, 2015 12:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Any chance of reserving a spot for the next (knock on wood) campaign?
Yukari

PostPosted: Fri Sep 25, 2015 8:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's better if you just join the queue and wait for one of the other players to die, then you'll be able to join. Post your app here if you like.

I'll post in the other thread shortly, sorry for the delay.
Wozzy

PostPosted: Fri Sep 25, 2015 9:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Name: Eddie Thompson

Instinct: 6

Willpower: 4

Awareness: 6

Agility: 2

Str: 3

Dex: 4

Description: A young engineer afflicted with myopia, remedied only by his glasses (losing them drops his awareness by 3). A brilliant man, skilled in electronic and mechanical engineering, yet lacking in social skills. Would willingly throw his closest friend under the bus in pursuit of his own goals.
Aidan
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Sun Sep 27, 2015 7:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Edited in a hopefully-legal profile in my previous post.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nexus Clash Forum Index -> Other Games All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: