Nexus Clash

Login

Nickname

Password

Don't have an account yet? You can create one. Registered players can create up to three free characters to battle, team up with your friends and explore the worlds of the Nexus! To create a character once you have registered, click on Game Map at the top of the page.
Nexus Clash :: View topic - Nexus Clash Mafia
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Nexus Clash Mafia

View previous topic :: View next topic  
EagleWiz

PostPosted: Tue Sep 29, 2015 6:56 am    Post subject: Nexus Clash Mafia Reply with quote

RECRUITMENT IS NOW CLOSED. ROLES WILL BE SENT VIA PM SHORTLY

The Game: Mafia is a game in which everyone playing is a member of a group. Normally this would be a town, but this is Nexus Clash so lets go with everyone being in a group of paladins training to fight evil. The catch is that some players are secretly demons, trying to kill off the rest of the group.

The Rules:
1: Win Condition If you are on the side of the Paladins you win the game once all the demons are dead. If you are a Demon you win once half (or more) of the survivors are demons

2: Day/Night phases Each Day and Night lasts for about 48 hours real time (I may end Nights early if all actions have been turned in, and 48 hours is not exact).

3: Communication Communication via the thread or PMs is allowed at any time unless you are dead. Once you are dead you are not allowed to share any game related information.
For example a post of "Woe is me, I have been slain by the demons" after everyone is informed that you have been murdered would be perfectly acceptable, posting "Woe is me, I have been slain by (PLAYER NAME)" would be cheating.

4: Day Phase During the Day Phase each player, regardless of role, can vote for a single person to lynch.
You do this by posting the name of the person you are voting for in orange like this.
You may amend your vote at any time during the phase by changing the color of the old vote to blue like this and picking a different person to vote for.
At the end of the Day Phase the person with the most votes is killed, and their role is revealed to all players.

5: Ties and Failure to Vote In the case of a tie the vote will be decided randomly. Not voting during a day phase is considered poor form. It is also considered a vote for yourself. You can vote for NO LYNCH, if this gets the most votes the day phase will end with no one being lynched.

6: Night Phase During the Night there is no voting.
The Night is when certain roles preform special actions. Most notable of these is that each night the Demons (as a group) decide to send one of their members out to kill a Paladin. Baring intervention from other special roles this will result in the targeted Paladin dying (at which point their role will be revealed to all players).
If you are a role that can preform a Night Action, do so by sending a PM to me during the night phase saying who you are targeting.

Roles This list of roles IS final.

Paladin (Town): You are a member of an elite angelic training program that has recently been infiltrated by demons. Your win when all the demons are dead.

Divine Herald (cop): You have been tasked with keeping watch for demons. Each Night Phase you can choose one person to check, and will be told if that person is a demon or not.

Advocate (doctor): You keep watch over the trainees and protect them from harm. Each Night Phase you can choose one person to protect. If the demons would attempt to kill that person they fail.

EM Pariah (vengeful mafia): You are secretly a Demon. Each Night Phase you and the other demon(s) choose which Demon you are sending to kill which Paladin. Barring intervention this will kill the Paladin. When lynched you activate explosive murder randomly killing one person who voted for you. (This will never kill the Wyrm Master)

Wyrm Master (roleblocker mafia): You are secretly a Wyrm Master (Demon) who has somehow managed to master the art of disguise. In addition to helping choose who to kill each Night Phase, you also get to pick one person to sic a Horrid Tentacle on. This will not kill the target, but it will prevent them from preforming any actions that Night Phase.

Last edited by EagleWiz on Thu Oct 01, 2015 6:47 am; edited 5 times in total
Yukari

PostPosted: Tue Sep 29, 2015 7:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm in o/
Skoffin
Not Skoffin
Not Skoffin

PostPosted: Tue Sep 29, 2015 7:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am most definitely in Razz
Pikanchion
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Tue Sep 29, 2015 7:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah I guess...
Shadok
Nexus Fixture
Nexus Fixture

PostPosted: Tue Sep 29, 2015 7:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sounds like fun. Count me in.

"Oh, sorry, thought I was in a Vault of Enlightenment, not someone's booze cabinet." -Kharn
Hataka
Mortal
Mortal

PostPosted: Tue Sep 29, 2015 9:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This sounds very interesting, consider me in.
Teksura
Nexus Fixture
Nexus Fixture

PostPosted: Tue Sep 29, 2015 9:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Think I'll just watch.
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Tue Sep 29, 2015 9:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm in as long as I am promptly lynched with extreme prejudice.

Didn't read the role list yet, but it better have an Advocate with Swim.

EDIT: No mention of Swim, but I guess I can imagine the 'protect' being basically the Advocate wing-wrapping the target and swimming out to deep water.
Lagn

PostPosted: Tue Sep 29, 2015 11:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sure, why not.
Armykid500

PostPosted: Tue Sep 29, 2015 1:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Always wanted to try one of these, so I'm in.
Wozzy
Misinformation Meme Machine
Misinformation Meme Machine

PostPosted: Tue Sep 29, 2015 3:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

in
Whytemeet
Planeswalker
Planeswalker

PostPosted: Tue Sep 29, 2015 8:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll play.
EagleWiz

PostPosted: Wed Sep 30, 2015 6:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Recruitment is now closed. Roles will be randomly assigned and sent via PM.
EagleWiz

PostPosted: Thu Oct 01, 2015 7:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Roles sent and game thread is up.
Repth
Lore Developer
Lore Developer

PostPosted: Thu Oct 01, 2015 10:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

*Repth punches everyone involved and tries to heal them, one by one...*

Game looks good, think I'll spectate Wink
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nexus Clash Forum Index -> Other Games All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: