Nexus Clash

Login

Nickname

Password

Don't have an account yet? You can create one. Registered players can create up to three free characters to battle, team up with your friends and explore the worlds of the Nexus! To create a character once you have registered, click on Game Map at the top of the page.
Nexus Clash :: View topic - The viability of tentacles
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The viability of tentacles
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nexus Clash Forum Index -> Game Mechanics Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Madz
Explorer
Explorer

PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2012 9:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Repth I think this is about tentacles only, sure, good petmasters can do some crazy stuff but the Wrackwyrm is still pretty sweet, no idea about hounds tough.
pancakes

PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2012 9:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh don't get me wrong, I LOVE my WM. I love giving wrackwyrms to my corruptor factionmates. I love my dodge and dmg auras, and I love my sneak attacks. I love the synergy with key-la. Its a shame pretty much every one I will ever try to kill has enhanced senses though. #angelproblems

<GK> I now have 3 puppies, and 3 kittens, thinking about eating them
Repth
Lore Developer
Lore Developer

PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2012 10:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I understand the WM can still be used effectively, but what I wanted out of this class was the tentacles, that was supposed to be a big part of what I do. While it's not as effective as I hoped it might be, it's still what I'm doing.

I haven't abandoned my WM, I just think I may have changed my mind on what I wanted to do if I knew how the tentacles functioned in the game currently.
Madz
Explorer
Explorer

PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2012 12:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Repth wrote:
I haven't abandoned my WM, I just think I may have changed my mind on what I wanted to do if I knew how the tentacles functioned in the game currently.
A story am too familiar with.
SkullFace
Nexus Clash Veteran
Nexus Clash Veteran

PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2012 7:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Necromancy!

Changes to the Breath 1 tentacle upgrade made them problematic. With AP decay in Breath 3 that's doubly so, almost to the point of redundancy.

If tentacles are to serve as area denial systems they really shouldn't suffer from AP decay. And it would make them more viable if on a kill all Favoured tentacles in the tile are rejuvenated rather than just the one tentacle. Such a system could theoretically result in dozens of tentacles in a single location.

Whether this is desireable or not depends on what role you actually want tentacles to have. They are not a 'hunting' pet (Hellhounds do this). Imps are the defensive pet. So what is the role of the Tentacles?

I would like to see Gehenna being colonized by zones of tentacles. Similarly, I'd like to see defensive Elysian critters along the lines of angelic statues. YMMV.

Skull Face
karek

PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2012 8:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tentacles, the new wandering zombie.
Nexus Clash Veteran
Nexus Clash Veteran

PostPosted: Tue Oct 20, 2015 12:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

After using the WM tentacles I do feel they are lack luster, but easily fixed.

With eather a HP / Accuracy increase, or lower the mp to cast them to 5. 15MP seams exccessive for what they are and the 90 CP investment.

Perhaps negative soak debuff when they hit added to G'Nak? Or perhaps a Dodge debuff when hit by the Tenatacle? I also like skull faces suggestion of Rejuving all tentacles on a tile when they kill someone.

I love being able to place them wherever, but like many others have said T3's (and in some cases T2's) make this gimic redundant.

This I feel is down to exccessive soak and dodge being available to all characters (a gripe of mine).

I got the tentacles for character, but since I got them my other pet masters are out leveling the WM. The DH imp proving more effective alone that a heard of tentacles. For the same investment in CP.

My WM are both level 22, with just G-Nak Tentacles. My Dh, leveling mainly from hiding with the gremling out is level 24 and very close to 25.

Summary: I don't think it would take much to improve Tentacle to worthwhile for the CP investment. But as it stands I can see how people may resent sinking that 90cp to just to in effect troll T1's.

Personally I would lower its MP cost to 5 or 6. and have it do a negative dodge debuff when they hit, that dosent stack (minus 5 or 10 dodge for 10 ticks) refreshing its tic amount each hit.

Other alternative, lower the cost to learn G-Nack to 30 instead of 60 CP.

The imp on paper looks lack luster to for its cost and think the same of their child skills, they should be 30 CP or buffed to be worth the 60CP cost they are now.
Wozzy
Misinformation Meme Machine
Misinformation Meme Machine

PostPosted: Tue Oct 20, 2015 4:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I took you for more a Lich kind of guy, RaelCleap.
zombiedachshund
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Tue Oct 20, 2015 4:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tentacles have always been underpowered relative to other pets. That's the price you pay for the ability to deploy a pet with no risk to yourself.
RaelCleap
Nexus Clash Veteran
Nexus Clash Veteran

PostPosted: Tue Oct 20, 2015 5:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wozzy wrote:
I took you for more a Lich kind of guy, RaelCleap.

I am, but I play WM's to. Wink
honestmistake

PostPosted: Tue Oct 20, 2015 6:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I didn't play a WM this breath precisely because i found tentacles so bad... I so want to love them but they are rubbish. To make them worthwhile I would suggest just making the G'Nakk ones the basic and have the child skill do something like Urban Dead 'tangling grasp' and improve hit chance/reduce dodge after a hit. Perhaps also have a 5% penalty to dodge for every extra tentacle present too?

Whatever, something major would have to change to convince me to play a WM again. With MP so hard to get as a demon (many people resent it's been taken even when they have no use for it???) I do feel that the pets should offer a little more Ooomph!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nexus Clash Forum Index -> Game Mechanics Discussion All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: