Nexus Clash

Login

Nickname

Password

Don't have an account yet? You can create one. Registered players can create up to three free characters to battle, team up with your friends and explore the worlds of the Nexus! To create a character once you have registered, click on Game Map at the top of the page.
Nexus Clash :: View topic - Revenant Build Advice?
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Revenant Build Advice?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Lord_Sebassis
Mortal
Mortal

PostPosted: Sun Oct 18, 2015 7:18 pm    Post subject: Revenant Build Advice? Reply with quote

Hi guys/ladies.

I've never actually had a revenant character - my only non angel/demon character in Nexus War was an eternal soldier. Starting out again in Nexus Clash is a bit of learning curve since a few things have changed.

I'm really interested in starting a revenant character. However, I know jack shit about this class and would appreciate any advice you folks might have from your own experiences. I'm presuming a mortal combat tier would be useful for the build.

Any advice? I'm all ears (or teeth mwahaha...) Twisted Evil
EagleWiz

PostPosted: Sun Oct 18, 2015 7:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Usually you want to go melee or hand to hand combat. Either works.
zombiedachshund
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Sun Oct 18, 2015 7:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, hand to hand leading to animus of the wolf is pretty straightforward. T2 is really tough; you just won't do much damage and it can get frustrating. But once you hit T3 there are all kinds of fun skills. (Eye of Death, man! It's so rad.)
Sac
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Sun Oct 18, 2015 9:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had a Rev for B2 and 3. As the others have alluded to the basic choice is between a HtH/Fangs/Wolf or Melee/Bat/Dust/Umbral sword.

Personally I went the latter. I an anal retentive min/maxer so I didn't take meditate/ES in T2 and instead used Animus of the Bat for travel and finding targets. The down side of this is that if you have someone hidden/invis, you have to stay in bat to attack them and if you switch to dust they'll disappear.

Animus of the Dust and EOD do look like a lot of fun for hunting people but it's not the smorgasbord of xp as it seems. Although there is probably a lot more out of SH action at the moment than previously. Still very handy to have though.
Terrion

PostPosted: Sun Oct 18, 2015 10:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sac wrote:
I had a Rev for B2 and 3. As the others have alluded to the basic choice is between a HtH/Fangs/Wolf or Melee/Bat/Dust/Umbral sword.

Personally I went the latter. I an anal retentive min/maxer so I didn't take meditate/ES in T2 and instead used Animus of the Bat for travel and finding targets. The down side of this is that if you have someone hidden/invis, you have to stay in bat to attack them and if you switch to dust they'll disappear.

Animus of the Dust and EOD do look like a lot of fun for hunting people but it's not the smorgasbord of xp as it seems. Although there is probably a lot more out of SH action at the moment than previously. Still very handy to have though.

In addition to the ES issue Sac mentioned, HtH Revs have the extra dilemma of whether to pick up boxing. It doesn't affect your eventual bite attack, but it's kind of a big improvement when you'd otherwise be doing 3 (mortal) or 4 damage (myrm) per hit.

Last edited by Terrion on Sun Oct 18, 2015 10:55 pm; edited 1 time in total
catvom

PostPosted: Sun Oct 18, 2015 10:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sac wrote:
As the others have alluded to the basic choice is between a HtH/Fangs/Wolf or Melee/Bat/Dust/Umbral sword.

There are other choices. I am personally working towards a Melee/Heavy Weapons/Wolf build.

Berserker Werewolf with a claymore. Smile
Lord_Sebassis
Mortal
Mortal

PostPosted: Thu Oct 22, 2015 1:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks guys, this is really helpful! And anyone else, continue to post what you think might be good, I'm always happy to have the advice!
Meric

PostPosted: Wed Nov 04, 2015 4:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I second Sac, just dont get meditate/ES in T2. Bat Ani and passive healing more than makes up for it in T3. However, T2 could become a slog hunting in which case if you are going melee/dust it might be worthwhile getting the smithing tree in T2 for secondary levelling + keeping your back up chainsaw in topnotch + just being a supportive factionmate.

I also have never got Daywalker on any of my revs but that is a RP choice generally. Still it hasnt hampered my ability to have a very fun raiding char.

Last breath I had full bat/full dust and I changed states a lot but was able to maintain this by taking MP from others using the Umbral so all good.

Dont forget that dusty takes 10hp from you permanently. You can offset this by getting strength/stam. For 30cp is this worth it? Meh, maybe not but it made me feel less fragile even if it only cost the attacker 1 extra ap.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nexus Clash Forum Index -> Build Advice All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: