Nexus Clash

Login

Nickname

Password

Don't have an account yet? You can create one. Registered players can create up to three free characters to battle, team up with your friends and explore the worlds of the Nexus! To create a character once you have registered, click on Game Map at the top of the page.
Nexus Clash :: View topic - What's in demand?
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

What's in demand?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
sunnyside
Mortal
Mortal

PostPosted: Wed Nov 26, 2014 7:53 pm    Post subject: What's in demand? Reply with quote

So I'm an Urban Dead -> Nexus war player that got nostalgic and happened to check out the old Nexus War forum and found a link to this game.

Obviously things have changed. I'm wondering what's actually useful and valued in the metagame at this point. I suppose I'm not sure if I'd be able to properly raid with my schedule as it is.
SkullFace
Nexus Clash Veteran
Nexus Clash Veteran

PostPosted: Thu Nov 27, 2014 9:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

For the raiding game:

* bashers / killers (high damage dealers)
* grunts (AKA tanks, capable of taking the hits, esp from petwalls)
* conduit (transportation to distant targets, enchanting, MP recycling)
* support (blessings, debuffs)

For the non-raiding faction game:

* enchanters / crafters (for making superior weapons and armour)
* alchemists (for potions)
* infusion (claiming territory for the faction)

I've recently noticed a few factions that lack in crucial role areas whilst other factions seem to be overstuffed. The recruitment forum should probably be your next stopping point.

Skull Face
Salubri
Mortal
Mortal

PostPosted: Sun Feb 22, 2015 4:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thinking of going Lich again. Is it still the same ol' "always welcome because unlimited amount army for base defense even if you never logon at the same time as other people" thing?
Mallich
Nexus Clash Veteran
Nexus Clash Veteran

PostPosted: Sun Feb 22, 2015 7:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Salubri wrote:
Thinking of going Lich again. Is it still the same ol' "always welcome because unlimited amount army for base defense even if you never logon at the same time as other people" thing?
First off, soul-sucking Salubri are never welcome anywhere - the Tremere have warned us of you guys Razz

Joking aside, liches are still very welcome. Their undead horde isn't unlimited - each pet loses 1 AP every tick, so they require constant upkeep. Sorcerer's Might (converts hit points into magic points) is your friend, and young healers love the side-effect. Your pets will die in droves at the hand of a dedicated tank... but raiders without a dedicated tank, or who lose their tank at the hands of an active defender, can suffer awful loses at the hands of your undead hordes.
Note that you don't suffer morality changes away from your faction's morality if you're inside your stronghold. That means a lich in a "Good" faction won't lose morality while inside their own stronghold*. Furthermore, the morality of enemies in their own stronghold counts as their factional morality for the purpose of morality shift - e.g. if you raid an evil stronghold, all defenders count as evil.

*Exception: friendly fire. A single misclick by a factionmate can wreck your morality. Don't give yourself a name starting with "a". Razz
Salubri
Mortal
Mortal

PostPosted: Sun Feb 22, 2015 8:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

-1 AP every tick? Fucking hell. So if you can't get on in a 12 hour span, you pretty much lose everything? Why was this a good idea again? Is that just for Liches or for all petmasters?

Please tell me there's a summon and forget petmaster.
Mallich
Nexus Clash Veteran
Nexus Clash Veteran

PostPosted: Sun Feb 22, 2015 8:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Salubri wrote:
-1 AP every tick? Fucking hell. So if you can't get on in a 12 hour span, you pretty much lose everything?
Not quite.
A newly summoned ghoul will have 100 AP. That means that yes, you'll lose it in 24 hours (ish). Unless you rejuvenate it, in which case it gains another 100 AP, for a total of 200 AP. It's entirely reasonable to summon a ghoul and rejuvenate it twice, so it has a total of 300 AP. You can forget about it for 3 whole days.
Bone Seeker skeletons have 120 AP (so, 360 AP after a pair of rejuvenations), Wights are 150, wisps 100, and fossils don't decay.
Pets will also lose AP for moving and attacking, but that doesn't matter so much if they're snoozing in your stronghold.

Salubri wrote:
Please tell me there's a summon and forget petmaster.
This page mentions the small number of pets that don't suffer from pet decay. They are the ones that you can only have one of (unless you're a corruptor, who can steal a small number of pets).
Xirvi

PostPosted: Sun Feb 22, 2015 11:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just my personal experience with my Lightspeaker, which is a little different than running a Lich.

I keep just enough Judgemasters (+ a Wheel of Righteousness, which needs no rejuvenating) that I can generally rejuvenate them all once a day. But I also keep them around 550-600 ticks.

This is tricky to set up at first, but once it's in practice it means that I can literally go five days without worrying about them if I really felt so inclined (getting them back to 550 from, say, 200 would be tricky, but it is doable), and as a result I don't feel much pressure in terms of maintenance. Factionmates can vouch for the fact that I also do more than just maintain my pet horde. Wink

Also, whenever I go out of town, I'll always rejuvenate the whole horde twice before I leave, because I'm probably going to forget about pet maintenance for a few days. The last time I did this, I don't think I touched that character for something like three days and all of my pets were fine when I got back. So no, you are not obliged to log in every 12 hours as a PM.
catvom

PostPosted: Sun Feb 22, 2015 7:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My lich can comfortably maintain a horde of around 20 Bone Hunters, a couple of wights and a Fossil Monstrosity. And I still get time to do other things, such as reading, target shooting etc.

I try to keep their AP at around 300, in case I miss a day rejuving.
Although pets cannot go above their max hp or mp, there is no limit on their AP. I had a skeleton up to over 9000 ap as an experiment once.
ChaosMarine
Mortal
Mortal

PostPosted: Sat May 30, 2015 8:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Over 9000!?!? Shocked
Kylinn
Nexus Clash Veteran
Nexus Clash Veteran

PostPosted: Sat May 30, 2015 3:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That must have been back in the old Nexus. What was the name of that one-lich faction with the huge horde?
Meric

PostPosted: Sat Nov 07, 2015 4:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kylinn wrote:
That must have been back in the old Nexus. What was the name of that one-lich faction with the huge horde?

March of death? or was it run by the guy with the march of credits handle.

Do you mean that guy who encouraged death farmers to join, spawn within ten tiles (that was cool) and throw themselves onto the horde?
Dissident

PostPosted: Sat Nov 07, 2015 6:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Zombie factory of Xyzzy
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nexus Clash Forum Index -> Build Advice All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: