Nexus Clash

Login

Nickname

Password

Don't have an account yet? You can create one. Registered players can create up to three free characters to battle, team up with your friends and explore the worlds of the Nexus! To create a character once you have registered, click on Game Map at the top of the page.
Nexus Clash :: View topic - One-Night Werewolf2: BHK, the Minion wins!
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

One-Night Werewolf2: BHK, the Minion wins!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12

View previous topic :: View next topic  
UsernamePending
Custom Title
Custom Title

PostPosted: Tue Nov 10, 2015 2:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="BlackHeartKabal"]
Aidan wrote:
Quote:
If I'm reading this correctly, you're saying that the Minion would lose if you were lynched. So you're just claiming werewolf, or..?

Magical recital of innocence is useless since I AM the town Drunk, I DID switch with a placeholder which has a 50% chance of being a wolf, and I have NO idea what my current role is.

So looking at it, if I am lynched, the Minion has a 50% chance to lose, yes.

I don't see how just because you randomly switched with someone that makes it 50/50. That's not how probability works. But still, this game is hinging on you. Amazing. I understand now.
Quixotic wrote:
Quote:
2 reasons:
1st: unchanged insomniac was pretty unlikely, to begin.
2nd: Lagn claiming Seer could have meant he had been the insomniac and thus knew I had turned him into a Seer.
Both these doubts have been cleared out, I believe.

Yes. Nevermind the fact that the first thing I did after watching everyone speak was counterclaim UsernamePending's false claim. Which was Insomniac.
As in, me.

1. Aidan claimed that he chose middle PH. Witch confirmed afterwards that they chose left.

2. You were lurking, waiting to CC someone who picked an easy role to CC.
BlackHeartKabal

PostPosted: Tue Nov 10, 2015 2:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="UsernamePending"]
BlackHeartKabal wrote:
Aidan wrote:
Quote:
If I'm reading this correctly, you're saying that the Minion would lose if you were lynched. So you're just claiming werewolf, or..?

Magical recital of innocence is useless since I AM the town Drunk, I DID switch with a placeholder which has a 50% chance of being a wolf, and I have NO idea what my current role is.

So looking at it, if I am lynched, the Minion has a 50% chance to lose, yes.

I don't see how just because you randomly switched with someone that makes it 50/50. That's not how probability works. But still, this game is hinging on you. Amazing. I understand now.
Quixotic wrote:
Quote:
2 reasons:
1st: unchanged insomniac was pretty unlikely, to begin.
2nd: Lagn claiming Seer could have meant he had been the insomniac and thus knew I had turned him into a Seer.
Both these doubts have been cleared out, I believe.

Yes. Nevermind the fact that the first thing I did after watching everyone speak was counterclaim UsernamePending's false claim. Which was Insomniac.
As in, me.

1. Aidan claimed that he chose middle PH. Witch confirmed afterwards that they chose left.

2. You were lurking, waiting to CC someone who picked an easy role to CC.

I admit I was lurking, to watch everyone speak and see if I had something to use, since I'm not an active power role, and therefore had no leads or investigation results to move on. I instead saw you claiming my role, and jumped on that, because that's suspicious as all hell and nobody would claim Insomniac. And you don't seem to be the kind of person who would plan ahead other than "Claim this role." I don't have a play style that I can reference because you are new and therefore have no play style in forum mafia, so I'm especially interested in you because I want to see how you defend when you're guilty. It was opportune for me that you made a scum move, because now I could push on that and see how you defend. That's enough of collecting info, it's been enough, we can confirm you're a minion. You're an extra vote for the werewolves, nothing more. The game hinges on Aidan. We may not win together, and it may not be GG yet, but here's some advice.

Everything hinges on what Aidan is when he is lynched. When Aidan dies, his role decides everything. You're going to have to vote Aidan. He's your only chance. He's also our only chance. It's all or nothing on this one. Who will win?

(I'm going farther into something else, so as a reminder, this is a response to UNP claiming that I was lurking for an easy CC.)

So I admit I was lurking for info, but I counterclaimed because you claimed what I am. Because that was ( and usually is ) the best response to that.

So when are we voting? Is the end beginning yet?
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Tue Nov 10, 2015 3:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Time's up!

Voting phase starts. Please PM me your votes!
(That's from Dracula, by Stoker.)
Tomppa
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Wed Nov 11, 2015 10:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Votes are in:
Aidan: UsernamePending, Whytemeet, Wozzy, BlackHeartKabal, Pikanchion, lagn
BlackHeatKabal: Skoffin, Quixotic
UsernamePending: Aidan

And thus, Aidan is Lynched. Aidan was a Villager.

BlackHeartKabal, the Minion wins!

Everything went right as you suspected, down to the coinflip - Aidan picked between mystic wolf, villager, and alpha wolf - And managed to snatch the villager. I can't believe that this was another game with just the minion around for the wolves - Just like the last one! Everything looked pretty fine until Quixotic managed to swap the Mystic Wolf into a Seer, before the troublemaker switched them around again! Very Happy

I think I gave you guys way too much time. Basically, time constrain is a large balancing factor in the game, and I'm going to tweak it until it's fine.
(while playing face-to-face, the day would last between 5 and 10 minutes).

Discuss, and sign up to the next one when I post the sign-up thread!
Tomppa
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Wed Nov 11, 2015 10:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Also: I think I should point out that as a Drunk, you should probably lie about your role. If you are on the town's side, the werewolves win if they manage to convince the town to lynch you. If you are on the WW side, the wolves lose if you are lynched.

In either case: It is guaranteed that you lose if you are lynched (unless someone else is also lynched, but that's pretty rare).

Basically: Drunk (nearly) always loses if they are lynched.
Wozzy
Misinformation Meme Machine
Misinformation Meme Machine

PostPosted: Wed Nov 11, 2015 10:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bahaha, awesome game! I'm glad we pretty much figured it out, and it ended up being a coin flip. I'm pretty sure the last game almost ended the same way, with the drunk being the deciding factor, but us just deciding to lynch the suspected minion instead.

Was fun, can't wait for the next one!
UsernamePending
Custom Title
Custom Title

PostPosted: Wed Nov 11, 2015 11:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

On the bright side, more people believed me then BlackHeartScumball. Wink
BlackHeartKabal

PostPosted: Wed Nov 11, 2015 11:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

👌👀👌👀👌👀👌👀👌👀 good shit go౦ԁ sHit👌 thats ✔ some good👌👌shit right👌👌there👌👌👌 right✔there ✔✔if i do ƽaү so my self 💯 i say so 💯 thats what im talking about right there right there (chorus: ʳᶦᵍʰᵗ ᵗʰᵉʳᵉ) mMMMMᎷМ💯 👌👌 👌НO0ОଠOOOOOОଠଠOoooᵒᵒᵒᵒᵒᵒᵒᵒᵒ👌 👌👌 👌 💯 👌 👀 👀 👀 👌👌Good shit

In all seriousness, I thought something was up other than the coin flip, but me being solo didn't ever come to mind. This was amazing.
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Wed Nov 11, 2015 11:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tomppa wrote:
Also: I think I should point out that as a Drunk, you should probably lie about your role. If you are on the town's side, the werewolves win if they manage to convince the town to lynch you. If you are on the WW side, the wolves lose if you are lynched.

In either case: It is guaranteed that you lose if you are lynched (unless someone else is also lynched, but that's pretty rare).

Basically: Drunk (nearly) always loses if they are lynched.

You are guaranteed to lose as every role except Minion, so your assessment isn't far off Razz

See, though, it isn't every game where town manages to get two confirmed wolves in the placeholders. Had Whyte investigated the middle placeholder, or Quixotic checked it, it would have been a cruise to confirmed victory for me! Very Happy

That said, grats to BHK for managing to fool me at the VERY end Very Happy
UsernamePending
Custom Title
Custom Title

PostPosted: Wed Nov 11, 2015 11:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

In all seriousness, this game made me an IRL insomniac. Laughing. I was in anticipation every night to see what new developments would throw the game further into chaos. I was conflicted with who to vote with the end (I assumed BHK and I would get a larger share of the votes than previously anticipated) and voted for Aidan, though it doesn't seem like my vote would have mattered. Well fought BHK, and Whytemeet while he thought he was WW.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nexus Clash Forum Index -> Other Games All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12
Page 12 of 12

Jump to: