Nexus Clash

Login

Nickname

Password

Don't have an account yet? You can create one. Registered players can create up to three free characters to battle, team up with your friends and explore the worlds of the Nexus! To create a character once you have registered, click on Game Map at the top of the page.
Nexus Clash :: View topic - Best in each role
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Best in each role

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nexus Clash Forum Index -> Game Mechanics Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Sihoiba
Architect of Anguish

PostPosted: Thu Dec 17, 2015 10:16 am    Post subject: Best in each role Reply with quote

Purely an opinion gathering thread, which class is the best in each of the roles (Hunter, Tank, Adept, Warmage, Petmaster, Support) and why?

As a bonus question which role do you think is the closest run thing where the difference between the best and worst class is the smallest, and vice versa which role has the most variance.

Here's my list:
Tank: Seraph - The ES is obviously out of the running because the NC is a better tank than the ES and the ranged aura and the ability to be healed by others makes the Seraph better than the IB.
Hunter: Voidwalker - Corner Stepping and the various leader boards shows nothing kills as effectively and consistently as a VW.
Adept: NC - Tattoo of Adaptation is probably the best Adept skill.
Warmage: Corruptor - strips beneficial effects, amazing mana regen skill and can double as a petmaster (mine has a 30 ghoul horde at one point)
Petmaster: Lich - ghoul balls enough said I think
Support: Conduit - Portals and the Code of Efficiency skill tree.

The Tanks have the most variance given how much worse the ES is compared to it's counterparts.
Think the Adepts are probably the most balanced role as they all have a fairly even set of strengths and weaknesses.
Quixotic

PostPosted: Thu Dec 17, 2015 10:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Agree with most. Support (and even Tank) could be Advocate, depending on what you call "Support" -> raid Conduit is great (WH, the whole Trail tree also nice) but Advocate blessings (when they work) are sick, not to mention the potential of Holy Transfer (even with the cost "Oh hai you're a mortal, I'll just anoint pots and put an aura on you, you're now our tank).
zombiedachshund
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Thu Dec 17, 2015 11:11 am    Post subject: Re: Best in each role Reply with quote

Sihoiba wrote:
Adept: NC - Tattoo of Adaptation is probably the best Adept skill.

I also agree, mostly. But holy champions give NCs a good run for their money. Adaptation is terrific against pets and folks who aren't paying attention, but it won't do much more than slow down a determined attacker. But HCs' synergy between movement and attack/defense skills is pretty great too. Mine is able to travel across Laurentia, take down a ward, despawn most or all of an enemy's pets, retrieve a standard and make it home to sleep with AP to spare. I don't think I've ever had a dude who could do that before.
Kiralio

PostPosted: Thu Dec 17, 2015 11:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not sure I'd describe the Adepts as having the least variance. Doom Howlers are nearly useless (and one of their best features -- being able to "fly" indoors -- is a bug) and Nexus Champions, who as Adepts are supposed to be generalists who don't exceed primary role classes at anything, are the de-facto neutral tanks because they're so much better than Eternal Soldiers.
Ravenik

PostPosted: Fri Dec 18, 2015 8:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would also put HC above NC for that category. Otherwise, spot on.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nexus Clash Forum Index -> Game Mechanics Discussion All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: