Nexus Clash

Login

Nickname

Password

Don't have an account yet? You can create one. Registered players can create up to three free characters to battle, team up with your friends and explore the worlds of the Nexus! To create a character once you have registered, click on Game Map at the top of the page.
Nexus Clash :: View topic - Multiple attacks per browser refresh
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Multiple attacks per browser refresh

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nexus Clash Forum Index -> Game Mechanics Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Edith

PostPosted: Sat Jan 30, 2016 4:46 pm    Post subject: Multiple attacks per browser refresh Reply with quote

So is using the bug where multiple attacks on a single page refresh seen as ok? I am being silly for not changing my browser and utilizing this exploit or is exploiting this prohibited?
Lychwood

PostPosted: Sat Jan 30, 2016 5:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't think it's a bug, it's that the game will only register four actions per second before throwing a "too many actions" message. Even if those actions are moving, or whatever. Even if they happen over multiple refreshes. Someone had to specifically set that limit in the code, so it's an intended behavior rather than unintended.

But I didn't write the code, so I'm not the final authority on the matter.
Dissident

PostPosted: Sat Jan 30, 2016 8:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There's already a limit on the action that you can do and is strictly enforced by the throttle. What changing browser would do is to utilize that action per second. Using Firefox for instance will have you click once and the page reload which would probably take 3 secs in average. Using another browser will let you get closer to what the hard-coded limit permits.

If you'd call that "exploiting" I have nfi what to think. Rolling Eyes
SocialJusticeWarrior

PostPosted: Sat Jan 30, 2016 8:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's a mildly useful thing in active combat, but past that it's not going to affect much.
UsernamePending
Custom Title
Custom Title

PostPosted: Sat Jan 30, 2016 9:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I use it to spam search on Google Chrome. This leads to my alts getting killed a lot in libraries and such. Laughing
8:17 PM - BlackHeartKabal: HOW IS 42 KILLS AN A
8:17 PM - BlackHeartKabal: FOURTY TWO
8:17 PM - BlackHeartKabal: FOURTY TWOOOO
8:17 PM - BlackHeartKabal: IS ONLY AN A
8:17 PM - BlackHeartKabal: HOW DO YOU GET AN S ON LEBLANC
Rincewind
So much universe and so little time
So much universe and so little time

PostPosted: Sat Jan 30, 2016 10:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It isn't an exploit, the game does prevent you from taking over a certain number of actions per second regardless of if you F5 spam or not.

Most browsers allow you to F5 spam (including Firefox).

If you find a way around the throttle and use that to take actions faster than that without triggering the throttle then that would be considered exploiting.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nexus Clash Forum Index -> Game Mechanics Discussion All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: