Nexus Clash

Login

Nickname

Password

Don't have an account yet? You can create one. Registered players can create up to three free characters to battle, team up with your friends and explore the worlds of the Nexus! To create a character once you have registered, click on Game Map at the top of the page.
Nexus Clash :: View topic - Zerg Flag.
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Zerg Flag.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nexus Clash Forum Index -> Game Mechanics Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Dissident

PostPosted: Tue Feb 02, 2016 10:46 pm    Post subject: Zerg Flag. Reply with quote

I intend this to be a discussion on what we can do to make it more effective but not preventive for the future breaths.

I'm currently in a painful cycle of needing to raid my alt factions. So I have the following choices that I go through if I want to help my faction.

1) Pull out my defending alt.

2) Wait for my defending alt to die because he's APed out or a Petmaster.

3) Do nothing on both alts.

In #1 I feel like removing another meatshield is kinda (tinybit) unfair for my defending faction. In #2 I feel like not contributing enough especially in Ward Bashing so that it goes down faster or give more XP to my raidmates. #3 is well, just not fun haha.

So anyway, what I'm thinking is if just preventing XP when both of your dudes are in the same tile enough. So I can still do my duties on both without having to sacrifice another but just not get XP for any actions I take as a drawback.

Thoughts?
Teksura
Nexus Fixture
Nexus Fixture

PostPosted: Tue Feb 02, 2016 10:54 pm    Post subject: Re: Zerg Flag. Reply with quote

Dissident wrote:
Thoughts?

My thoughts?

I think I need to temporally lock this.

In general, discussions about the zerg flag are discouraged. This includes discussions pertaining to changing the system. In general we don't want anyone talking about it or how it works because the more you know about the system the easier it is to work around it. With that in mind, i will say we are changing the way the system works for breath 4. I will not say anything about how we are changing it at this time. We do intend to share some changes at a later date. (Mostly for the purpose of letting people know what they can now do which they could not do before.)

This thread may or may not be re-opened, but I want to have a little chat with the rest of the team first.
Nexus Fixture
Nexus Fixture

PostPosted: Tue Feb 02, 2016 11:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok, we had a chat and made a decision. I'm unlocking this thread now.

Please keep in mind though that we can not and will not be commenting on anything said here. I'm sure most of us will be following the thread, but we just can't discuss it for obvious reasons.
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Wed Feb 03, 2016 12:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
So anyway, what I'm thinking is if just preventing XP when both of your dudes are in the same tile enough. So I can still do my duties on both without having to sacrifice another but just not get XP for any actions I take as a drawback.

The problem with this approach, I feel, is that, even ignoring the fact that XP is not much of a factor for a maxxed character, there are far too many avenues of abuse open if XP is the only thing penalized. If the intent of zerg flagging is to prevent people from, say, sending a zerg army to 'decimate' a 'sworn enemy', the lack of an accuracy penalty allows that with no repercussions. Currently, you'd be lucky to land a hit; a system that is rather inflexible and has those edge cases where you are hurting a legit player, but serves its core purpose.

I believe a rather simple solution suggested once to combat the 'how do I even bash' problem was to allow a character to bash down an alt's ward without triggering the zerg flag as long as only one of the alts is doing the damaging.
Dissident

PostPosted: Wed Feb 03, 2016 12:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

First of all, thanks for reopening the thread. Let's try not to make the thread 'How to circumvent the flag and give people ideas' .

Quote:
If the intent of zerg flagging is to prevent people from, say, sending a zerg army to 'decimate' a 'sworn enemy', the lack of an accuracy penalty allows that with no repercussions.

Sorry that I only tackled the issue with having alts in the same tile and be vague about the rest.

That would still be enforced by the flag tripping of hitting the same people with your alts. If anything I'd say that we should widen the scope for that to Wards hit, Glyphs, Targets. Kinda same on how engineering and lockpicking works.

EDIT: But I was thinking that some things like Heal & Hit could still work, meaning you'd still be able to hit things that your alt recently healed but don't give XP or Count in stats.
Ravenik

PostPosted: Wed Feb 03, 2016 10:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

#2 is best option in current metagame IMO.
Tathers
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Wed Feb 03, 2016 2:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I tend not to get involved in a raid if my faction wants to raid a faction I'm currently in the stronghold of.
klapaucius
Mortal
Mortal

PostPosted: Wed Feb 03, 2016 3:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think it would be nice to be able to bash into factions you're a member of. That let's you keep up your responsibilities as a meatshield without forcing you to fail your responsibilities as a basher.

I don't feel it's fair to the factions I'm in to capitulate if we're raiding an alt of mine. In my ideal world I'd like to be able to kill my own alts (with the stipulation that no xp or stats are gained).

Really, the idea of keeping your dudes apart has gotten harder.

Last edited by klapaucius on Wed Feb 03, 2016 3:51 pm; edited 1 time in total
UsernamePending
Custom Title
Custom Title

PostPosted: Wed Feb 03, 2016 3:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Zerg flag should only be disabled on faction SH tiles tbh, and only for/against factions where the only players of one account are on. Co-op multifac raids wouldn't work, but it's close enough.
8:17 PM - BlackHeartKabal: HOW IS 42 KILLS AN A
8:17 PM - BlackHeartKabal: FOURTY TWO
8:17 PM - BlackHeartKabal: FOURTY TWOOOO
8:17 PM - BlackHeartKabal: IS ONLY AN A
8:17 PM - BlackHeartKabal: HOW DO YOU GET AN S ON LEBLANC
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nexus Clash Forum Index -> Game Mechanics Discussion All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: