Nexus Clash

Login

Nickname

Password

Don't have an account yet? You can create one. Registered players can create up to three free characters to battle, team up with your friends and explore the worlds of the Nexus! To create a character once you have registered, click on Game Map at the top of the page.
Nexus Clash :: View topic - Throwing Nexus Champion
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Throwing Nexus Champion

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Tomppa
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Sun Mar 13, 2016 4:55 am    Post subject: Throwing Nexus Champion Reply with quote

First the build, then the questions:

Level CP Skill
1 10 Search
7 10 Ranged Combat
7 20 Thrown Weapons
7 30 Advanced Thrown Weapons
8 10 Strength
10 10 Sense Morality
10 10 Sense Magic
10 10 First Aid
12 0 Critical Hit
12 20 Strong Attack
12 20 Combat Mastery
13 20 Meditation
15 40 Enhanced Senses
17 40 Focused Attack
20 -40 40 Exploration Badges
20 -10 Books Read
20 0 Tattoo of Altered Luck
20 30 Tattoo of the Wandering Way
20 60 Tattoo of Leaguestep
20 30 Tattoo of Strength
22 60 Tattoo of Eagle Sight
23 30 Tattoo of Balance
24 30 Tattoo of Resistance
26 60 Tattoo of Adaptation
27 30 Tattoo of Sorcery
28 10 Sharp Vision
28 7 Reveal
28 -15 Books Read
28 10 Stonefury
28 7 Stone Dart
28 8 Battering Ram
28 3 Rain of Stones
29 30 Tattoo of Opposition
30 30 Tattoo of the Origami Tiger

I might swap leaguestep into the Bengal tiger instead.
Questions: Am I missing something vital? Is it much of a hurdle, not being able to repair your own hatchets and slings?
(That's from Dracula, by Stoker.)
SocialJusticeWarrior

PostPosted: Sun Mar 13, 2016 7:39 am    Post subject: Re: Throwing Nexus Champion Reply with quote

Tomppa wrote:
Is it much of a hurdle, not being able to repair your own hatchets and slings?

I should certainly imagine so. Hatchets are craft-only and slings can only be crafted or rarely found in forests in Elysium. If this character will be in a faction with at least one other bowyer then I would not bother taking those skills (as characters who use archery or thrown weapons are somewhat less common, and since repairs to those weapons only require a portable toolkit, bowyers are generally welcoming of any business they can get), but if you're the only potential bowyer you know then you'd definitely want them.
Nook

PostPosted: Sun Mar 13, 2016 7:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:

10 10 First Aid
28 10 Stonefury
28 7 Stone Dart
28 8 Battering Ram
28 3 Rain of Stones

I've found First Aid to be near useless considering I'm not a healer. Then you have 4 impact spells;

Stonefury - Aura/Buff: Limited usage (based on this line up, 9 tics of +5 hand to hand or melee damage...which you don't do and once you take that out of the equation the rest of the impact spells seem pointless.

Especially considering you don't have any of the supplementary spell casting skills. (specifically Spell projection which would actually give your throwing bonuses)
Repth
Lore Developer
Lore Developer

PostPosted: Sun Mar 13, 2016 8:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nook wrote:
Especially considering you don't have any of the supplementary spell casting skills. (specifically Spell projection which would actually give your throwing bonuses)

http://www.nexusclash.com/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=5478&highlight=spell+projection

Just dropping this here. I ran into this in B3. I'm not sure if it has been changed or not, but if it's as it was back then, spell projection is problematic when dealing with a thrown weapon, as it is consumed.
Saint_Jimmy
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Sun Mar 13, 2016 9:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you're factioned, and you have a bowyer, you can skip the crafting since sporting goods shops are *great* for ammo. And broken bows, but eh. An aura spell is good for pets, but you can skip the other impact spells. Spell projection... It's better than I used to think, actually, since you still get the damage bonus from enchanted weapons (and the enchanted damage type takes priority) - MP costly, however and you'll need to search for more rocks each time.

If I were you, I'd probably drop the impact spells outside of stonefury, and *maybe* eaglesight. You'll have great accuracy even without it, although it's up to you. If you can, I'd get equilibrium + more dodge skills, since they can make NCs *really* hard to deal with, even with adaptation.
Kylinn
Nexus Clash Veteran
Nexus Clash Veteran

PostPosted: Sun Mar 13, 2016 10:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nook wrote:
I've found First Aid to be near useless considering I'm not a healer.

For me, I take First Aid with every character I've got, same as Detect Magic. Not only does it let me heal myself at twice the efficiency, but the ability to see exactly how badly wounded an opponent is (and how many hps they have left) is invaluable.
Nook

PostPosted: Sun Mar 13, 2016 10:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kylinn wrote:
Nook wrote:
I've found First Aid to be near useless considering I'm not a healer.

For me, I take First Aid with every character I've got, same as Detect Magic. Not only does it let me heal myself at twice the efficiency, but the ability to see exactly how badly wounded an opponent is (and how many hps they have left) is invaluable.

I get what you're saying but knowing what your character can do is just as valuable for monitoring HP through use of the bars.

For myself on Lickington, I can blood claw them until the bar looks empty, then with one more hit they are ready for an EM and will die. Before that last hit an EM will only hurt them.

As for healing, I never found a use for it.

Low HP means quicker kills for others (boosting their kill counts faster) and more deaths for me (death farming)
GreatCatatonic

PostPosted: Sun Mar 13, 2016 11:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nook wrote:
I get what you're saying but knowing what your character can do is just as valuable for monitoring HP through use of the bars.

For myself on Lickington, I can blood claw them until the bar looks empty, then with one more hit they are ready for an EM and will die. Before that last hit an EM will only hurt them.

True, but your targets don't always have full health, and without knowing their base HP when you encounter them you can't make accurate calculations. Additionally, an empty bar could mean something like 30-40 HP remaining for an IB or a Seraph.

First Aid means being able to claw them down to an empty bar then kick them down to 1 or 2 HP before exploding, so that you don't have to worry about EM's damage roll being high enough.

--Great
Tomppa
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Sun Mar 13, 2016 12:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Also, I always (when possible) keep an eye on my targets health, so that I can squeeze the most of that precious xp out of them (by using a charged attack to finish them off, possibly switching to a lower dmg attack before the final strike to get the most out of it).

I thought about taking the impact spells to boost the duration of that aura - So that it doesn't wear out as fast if I need to renew invul pots or drink healing ones.
But, if I drop the impact attack spells, that's 18 CP more to spend (or 25 cp more if I also drop reveal) - What would you suggest that I should get with those?
Nook

PostPosted: Sun Mar 13, 2016 12:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd drop reveal, I'm either finding lazy VWs or ES let's me see them because I found two last night chilling inside houses.
Tomppa
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Sun Mar 13, 2016 4:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The reveal is for raids, when people pop invis pots and hope they can delay the inevitable long enough to rally defenders.
Dissident

PostPosted: Sun Mar 13, 2016 6:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ah a Raiding NC.

First Aid. Really valuable especially if none of your raiding buddies have it. And as you've said it's pretty much your playstyle.

Sense Morality. Really questionable choice. Smart angel players don't even buy this.

Wandering way. If you faction can brew a lot of Flying potions, it is better to use that so that you can utilize your MP for your focused attacks to bring down actives or for that raid that you don't have a revealer or dispeller (If you are prepared and bring charged gems with you.)

Leaguestep. The map is so small that my Dark Oppressor walks to raid targets without flying... This I think is an overkill for 60 CP purchase. Get Fly pots. Use Ferries. ???. PROFIT!

Reveal. A really handy spell for everyone that can get it. Your raid will hit a full stop if you don't have a single revealer or if your only revealer MPs out.

Impact spells. Drop em. You only really need a Stonefury. Double cast it if you really need to. GET Stonefury, you're the best tank there is with a proper potion support.

Tiger. The only reason to get this is if your 4-person raid party don't have a single pet master.

I believe that optimum raid build are decided around your friends. So if you already have a faction then looking at your raidmates and what they already bring to the table would make you decide better on your choices.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nexus Clash Forum Index -> Build Advice All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: