Nexus Clash

Login

Nickname

Password

Don't have an account yet? You can create one. Registered players can create up to three free characters to battle, team up with your friends and explore the worlds of the Nexus! To create a character once you have registered, click on Game Map at the top of the page.
Nexus Clash :: View topic - What Class to choose.
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

What Class to choose.

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Elliezabeth
Mortal
Mortal

PostPosted: Sat Apr 02, 2016 10:43 pm    Post subject: What Class to choose. Reply with quote

Well... I'm a noob. What i'm practically going to do is just describe what kind of class i'm looking for and someone can respond hehe. Well, I'm practically looking for a angelic hunter (Practically an angel who's into archery) What class would that be?
Teksura
Nexus Fixture
Nexus Fixture

PostPosted: Sat Apr 02, 2016 10:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Try a Divine Herald.

Demon Tracker to hunt them down, Oaken Greatbow and plenty of Archery buffs, sounds like exactly what you wanted! :D
Mortal
Mortal

PostPosted: Sat Apr 02, 2016 11:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks! I remember you telling me something about that but I guess I just forgot Smile Thanks!

EDIT: Does that mean i'll have to become a paladin first?
Tomppa
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Sat Apr 02, 2016 11:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, it does.

I recommend using the Planner to figure out what skills you want to buy and at what point. If you join a faction with someone who can keep your bow repaired through T2, you might not need to buy repair/bowyer/master bowyer.

(Once you get into T3 and become Divine Herald, you can buy that Oaken Greatbow, which doesn't require arrows nor repairs)
(That's from Dracula, by Stoker.)
Wozzy
Misinformation Meme Machine
Misinformation Meme Machine

PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2016 11:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

For an archery Divine Herald:

Mortal
  • Skills you need:
    >>Advanced Archery
    >>Strength- Bonus damage to archery

• Skills you want:
    >>Advanced Bowyer- You do not need to craft ammo, because Quivers are very easy to find, and if you get the skill Oaken Greatbow, you always have a backup if your bow wears out. However, if you are in a faction without a character who can repair bows, or decide to not be in a faction, you will probably need this skill
    >>Search- 99% of characters have this for a reason
    >>First Aid- doubles the amount you heal for yourself, and lets you see peoples health for free healing xp or killing reasons
    >>Sense Magic- More important than First Aid, but not as important as Search

• Skills that fit:
    >>Sense Morality- Angel's normally get this skill, but punching a target and seeing if your Morality falls down is enough.
    >>Planar protection- Don't need it if you are in a faction with an alchemist, or you only hunt in Laurentia. Basically required if you are feral and hunt in Stygia
    >>An extra xp or grinding skill- When you are bored of shooting demons, or can't find any, something like engineering helps

Paladin
  • Skills you need:
    >>Strong attack, Elite attack, and combat mastery- more damage
    >>Divine armor- expensive, but worth it. I don't even wear armor on my Paladin's because of how good this is

• Skills you want:
    >>Hand of Zealotry- If you want to include neutrals in your hunted targets, or want to raid unaligned factions, you need this skill
    Holier than Thou- If you want to include all characters that aren't angels in your hunted targets, you need this skill

• Skills that fit:
    >>Bolster Attack- Pretty lackluster for a skill, you probably shouldn't get this if you want to have CP for your Divine Herald, unless you absolutely need to spend extra points

Divine Herald
  • Skills you need:
    >>Infinite attack, righteous attack- even more damage
    >>Feet of the Wind- Saves you 1AP for every two tiles you travel. Means you can spend more time shooting things
    >>Enhanced Senses- to find the sneaky demons trying to hide without having to waste AP searching
    >>Oaken Greatbow- A bow that will never break on you. Even if you have a full crafter/enchanted at home, you need this skill to unlock...
    >>Harbinger of Conquest- this is the skill that separates the Hunter from the other Paladins.

• Skills you want:
    >>Dust to dust- Removes evidence of your deeds. It also opens the door too...
    >>Harbinger of Death- Using this skill at the same time as Harbinger of Conquest is acceptable, but only for raids, when you have lots of targets to get the free AP and MP from. A feral won't often have the chance to use this skill, so I would recommend against it if that is your path

• Skills that fit:
    >>Steadfast resolve- Sometimes you just need an extra bit of accuracy to hit someone. If you need even more accuracy, there is...
    >>Harbinger of Judgement- Don't get this if you have Harbinger of Death, because you can have one of the two active at once, and it is expensive. This is only useful against dodgy targets.
Saint_Jimmy
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2016 11:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wozzy wrote:
Skills that fit:
>>Bolster Attack- Pretty lackluster for a skill, you probably shouldn't get this if you want to have CP for your Divine Herald, unless you absolutely need to spend extra points

Note that if you're doing more than 20 damage a hit (which, lets be honest, is fairly likely as a DH) then Bolster Attack makes you lose damage. However, getting it for Smite so that, in combination with Harbinger of Death which means that since you'll be getting both bonus MP and AP on kill, you'll be able to fuel those smites for more killing.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nexus Clash Forum Index -> Build Advice All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: