Nexus Clash

Login

Nickname

Password

Don't have an account yet? You can create one. Registered players can create up to three free characters to battle, team up with your friends and explore the worlds of the Nexus! To create a character once you have registered, click on Game Map at the top of the page.
Nexus Clash :: View topic - Remove renown loss from having your standard captured.
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Remove renown loss from having your standard captured.
Goto page Previous  1, 2

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nexus Clash Forum Index -> The Junkyard
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Shadok
Nexus Fixture
Nexus Fixture

PostPosted: Sat Apr 09, 2016 3:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Renown is being reworked and debugged for breath 4. Kill renown is a bug, but one we've not been able to find the source of. At this point it's practically easier to just fix it for Breath 4 and call the current code a lost cause. Confused

"Oh, sorry, thought I was in a Vault of Enlightenment, not someone's booze cabinet." -Kharn
retsamajnin
Explorer
Explorer

PostPosted: Sat Apr 09, 2016 3:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shadok wrote:
Renown is being reworked and debugged for breath 4. Kill renown is a bug, but one we've not been able to find the source of. At this point it's practically easier to just fix it for Breath 4 and call the current code a lost cause. Confused

That is why I made this suggestion. Sort of a band aid, I guess. With kill renown being bugged, the only reliable source of renown is to capture flags. But flag capping doesn't generate new renown. It just takes it from the other faction. And then you lose it right back when they counter raid or someone else raids you. So, you often end up right back where you started, even if you are actively raiding.
AuXAuV

PostPosted: Sat Apr 09, 2016 7:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would like to mention that Elsha Shapraun's faction (Circus Apocalyptica) somehow managed to gain 50 renown.
Elsha is a pacifist and does not raid. I do not believe people have been joining just to kill, then leave.

Huzzah for erratic feedback from bugs.
Yukari

PostPosted: Sun Apr 10, 2016 2:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've noticed you get renown from being in a faction and getting CP badges -Temmie in Tem Shop got like 10 renown for getting something, items crafted maybe, I forget. If you do not have a standing SH and can put the time into grinding, I imagine you can amass quite a bit of CP.

And while I do think the QoL thing was overall rather silly, I believe the split of the thread was in bad form, what with the title of the split thread and stifling of discussion. Alas.
Teksura
Nexus Fixture
Nexus Fixture

PostPosted: Sun Apr 10, 2016 7:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh my God people. The definition of a QoL enhancement is not up for debate. Stop trying to debate it.
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Sun Apr 10, 2016 8:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

it keeps happening
Buttercup

PostPosted: Sun Apr 10, 2016 9:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rename QoL to Quality of Interface? : P
retsamajnin
Explorer
Explorer

PostPosted: Sun Apr 10, 2016 9:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Teksura wrote:
Oh my God people. The definition of a QoL enhancement is not up for debate. Stop trying to debate it.

Maybe you shouldn't have started the debate, eh?
Teksura
Nexus Fixture
Nexus Fixture

PostPosted: Sun Apr 10, 2016 9:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

retsamajnin wrote:
Teksura wrote:

Maybe you shouldn't have started the debate, eh?

I didn't. You used the term incorrectly and I corrected you. It was never a debate, it was a correction. Like it or not, it does not mean "any change". It talks about very specific kinds of changes. But if that's all you want to talk about, fine. I'm done splitting out the clutter.
Nexus Fixture
Nexus Fixture

PostPosted: Sun Apr 10, 2016 10:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As thread has been locked, moving out of the draft forum.

"Oh, sorry, thought I was in a Vault of Enlightenment, not someone's booze cabinet." -Kharn
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nexus Clash Forum Index -> The Junkyard All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: