Nexus Clash

Login

Nickname

Password

Don't have an account yet? You can create one. Registered players can create up to three free characters to battle, team up with your friends and explore the worlds of the Nexus! To create a character once you have registered, click on Game Map at the top of the page.
Nexus Clash :: View topic - Divine Herald: Defensive Stance or Holy Fury?
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Divine Herald: Defensive Stance or Holy Fury?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Pharaoh
Mortal
Mortal

PostPosted: Tue Apr 05, 2016 8:16 am    Post subject: Divine Herald: Defensive Stance or Holy Fury? Reply with quote

I'm tier 3 level 30 and after collecting exploration badges have just enough CP's to buy either DS or HF. Other than one career badge coming up, it will be a while before I get anymore CP's. Can't decide between the two.

A lot of my time is spent helping to defend the stronghold against raids.

If I bought Holy Fury now and Stamina later, that would give me a total of 101 hit points when activated.

Defensive Stance: This skill allows the character to gain the Defensive Stance Status Effect for a duration of 15 minutes by spending 1 Action Point and 10 Magic Points. This status effect can be stacked, increasing its duration. While the Defensive Stance Status Effect is active, any attack that might normally hit the character has a 33% chance of outright missing. In other words, once an attack has successfully hit the character with Defensive Stance, there is then a flat 33% chance that that hit becomes a miss.

Holy Fury: This skill costs 1 Action Point and 10 Magic Points to activate. When activated, the character gains 20 additional Hit Points and the Holy Fury Status Effect for 20 minutes. The character can go over their normal maximum Hit Point total by use of this skill. This skill cannot be used if the character is already under the influence of the Holy Fury Status Effect.
Saint_Jimmy
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Tue Apr 05, 2016 8:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Defensive Stance doesn't work when you've got Harbinger active, just as a heads up. As a result, Holy Fury would probably be my pick.
Wozzy
Misinformation Meme Machine

PostPosted: Tue Apr 05, 2016 9:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Defensive stance is a pretty good skill for defense, even though you can't activate the harbinger skills. Assuming after soak, the enemy does about 20 damage, this is the exact same bonus as HF. Since they are more likely to do less than that, due to forts and pots, it actually ends up being better than HF. I say usually, because it isn't an efficient use of resources if you already have high dodge, and it costs mana for every time you attack.

Holy Fury on the other hand has an additonal offensive bonus: buffer against auras. Harbinger gives you negative soak, which makes aura's hurt, even with GIs. The additional buffer, on top of healing 3HP on hit, means you can almost negate the damage, which can be valuable for raiding as well as defending.
Pharaoh
Mortal
Mortal

PostPosted: Wed Apr 06, 2016 6:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't suppose the 3 HP gained under the influence of Holy Fury heals minor poison does it?
Wozzy

PostPosted: Wed Apr 06, 2016 6:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pharaoh wrote:
I don't suppose the 3 HP gained under the influence of Holy Fury heals minor poison does it?

It shouldn't, as far as I know.
Pharaoh
Mortal
Mortal

PostPosted: Wed Apr 13, 2016 7:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I decided to go with Holy Fury which I now regret. It may have a bug, I don't know. I activated it during the last raid and even though it was on for only 5 minutes, I quickly lost 20 hit points somehow. I was never attacked once either.

It was like it got deactivated. But it still showed I was under the holy fury influence when I got back to my SH. And I continued to lose 1 point every minute, so it was working.
Saint_Jimmy
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Wed Apr 13, 2016 10:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Testing shows that that's due to the healing on melee attack portion of the skill resetting you to max HP if for some reason you're above it.
Pharaoh
Mortal
Mortal

PostPosted: Thu Apr 14, 2016 9:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Saint_Jimmy wrote:
Testing shows that that's due to the healing on melee attack portion of the skill resetting you to max HP if for some reason you're above it.

Well that's depressing. A waste of 30 cp's Mad
Rincewind
So much universe and so little time
So much universe and so little time

PostPosted: Thu Apr 14, 2016 2:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I will look into fixing that
Pharaoh
Mortal
Mortal

PostPosted: Thu Apr 14, 2016 3:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rincewind wrote:
I will look into fixing that

Very Happy
catvom

PostPosted: Thu Apr 14, 2016 5:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pharaoh wrote:
Well that's depressing. A waste of 30 cp's Mad

When its fixed it is well worth it. Bob Ross used this muchly last breath, when he was a DH, to tear through packs of feral Hell Hounds.
Pharaoh
Mortal
Mortal

PostPosted: Fri Apr 15, 2016 11:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sometimes in all the excitement I forget to monitor my health and have died as a result. I figure the 3 HP gain with every melee attack would come in handy.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nexus Clash Forum Index -> Build Advice All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: