Nexus Clash

Login

Nickname

Password

Don't have an account yet? You can create one. Registered players can create up to three free characters to battle, team up with your friends and explore the worlds of the Nexus! To create a character once you have registered, click on Game Map at the top of the page.
Nexus Clash :: View topic - Soul Vampire?????
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Soul Vampire?????

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nexus Clash Forum Index -> Game Mechanics Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Onimoz
Mortal
Mortal

PostPosted: Tue Jul 05, 2016 4:10 pm    Post subject: Soul Vampire????? Reply with quote

Hey I want to make soul ice of my factionmates that 1.- Can receive healing 2.-are willing to get pieces of their soul extracted, alas, 20 CP seems like a lot to use in a skill that I dont know if it may work! Does it work like this?
1.- I use my flame thrower for 7 damage charged with Soul Vampire
2.-I use it again and I get one soul ice!
3.- I use it again and I get another ice! yay!
4.-????
5.- Profit!
So telll me, am I doing this rite or is there a flaw in my master plan.
jazelock
Howdy!

PostPosted: Tue Jul 05, 2016 4:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Unless I'm mistaken, it doesn't seem to work that way. You need to be able to deal at least 10 damage in a single attack. Yes, the wiki isn't very clear about that, and yes, that is a bit weird for a Defiler imo. Sad

So, I guess...attack from hiding with your flamethrower?
Onimoz
Mortal
Mortal

PostPosted: Tue Jul 05, 2016 4:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

10 damage :V thats a lot. Does hiding count as supplemental damage? is Hiding the only alternative. :V dang, I just wanted to ice some fools, I mean factionmates.
:V BOB, TEKSURA PLZ FIX THIS.
jazelock
Howdy!

PostPosted: Tue Jul 05, 2016 5:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hiding is not supplemental damage, so attacks from hiding should give you soul ice. I don't know if there are any weapons or spells that you could get that do 10+ damage. Sad
Teksura
Nexus Fixture
Nexus Fixture

PostPosted: Tue Jul 05, 2016 6:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Onimoz wrote:
TEKSURA PLZ FIX THIS.

How does this sound (for breath 4)?

Soul Vampire (40CP Child Skill of Dark Heart)
* When using Dark Heart, there is a 10% chance that, in addition to granting mana, it will grant one Soul Ice.
* If there is a corpse in the area, the Defiler has the option to activate the Ritual of Soul Harvesting.
** For 2 or 3AP and some MP, the corpse is taken by the Defiler's dark patron in exchange for one Soul Ice. If the corpse belonged to an angel, the Defiler gains an extra soul ice. If the corpse was killed by the Defiler themselves, the Defiler gains an extra soul ice. This comes to a total of 3 soul ice if the Defiler killed an angel and harvested them. 2 soul ice if The defiler killed a non-angel and harvested them, 2 soul ice if the defiler just harvested an Angel corpse someone else killed, or 1 if neither of those conditions are met.
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Tue Jul 05, 2016 6:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Without enchants? Either spells or chainsaw. With enchants it's easier. Yeah, it sucks, and like Tek's said, that's gonna be fixed in B4.
Onimoz
Mortal
Mortal

PostPosted: Tue Jul 05, 2016 8:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That sounds very nice thx for the fix Telstra 10/10. ( But I still want to use my factionmates as soul batteries. :V I don't know if you could implement the skill as it is now aaand those changes, probably not I guess, and that's okay. Flavorwise it is very defiley and that is nice. Thx. I guess liches can still zombie a mangled and defiled corpse, rite?)
Sweedee
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Tue Jul 05, 2016 9:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Teksura wrote:
How does this sound (for breath 4)?

Soul Vampire (40CP Child Skill of Dark Heart)
* When using Dark Heart, there is a 10% chance that, in addition to granting mana, it will grant one Soul Ice.
* If there is a corpse in the area, the Defiler has the option to activate the Ritual of Soul Harvesting.
** For 2 or 3AP and some MP, the corpse is taken by the Defiler's dark patron in exchange for one Soul Ice. If the corpse belonged to an angel, the Defiler gains an extra soul ice. If the corpse was killed by the Defiler themselves, the Defiler gains an extra soul ice. This comes to a total of 3 soul ice if the Defiler killed an angel and harvested them. 2 soul ice if The defiler killed a non-angel and harvested them, 2 soul ice if the defiler just harvested an Angel corpse someone else killed, or 1 if neither of those conditions are met.

Uhh... does this erase the corpse or simply desecrate it?
Teksura
Nexus Fixture
Nexus Fixture

PostPosted: Tue Jul 05, 2016 10:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Onimoz wrote:
I guess liches can still zombie a mangled and defiled corpse, rite?)

Presently, no. There are a few reasons for this, but I'll have to start at the beginning:

Desecration was a really cool idea, but the nature of the beast made it very difficult to actually take advantage of. Therefore, the idea was that a Defiler could perform all sorts of rituals on a corpse, depending on what they needed. For example, if you need health instead:

Quote:
Blood Harvest (20 CP)
* When a corpse is on the tile, a Defiler may spend 2 AP and 40 MP to perform the Ritual of Blood on the corpse. The Defiler then gains a number of Blood Ice equal to 1 + 1/10th (rounded down) the level of the former owner of said corpse. This means a maxed character returns 4 Blood Ice.
* Further, when the Defiler uses a Blood Ice, in addition to the 10 HP gained, they now also gain 15 minutes of the "Blood Infused" status effect.
* While Blood Infused, the Defiler has a chance of their attacks becoming altered. This chance is equal to half their level.
** If your altered attack would have otherwise been a miss, your attack now hits instead.
** If your altered attack already hits without this effect, then your attack ignores all soak and resistance.

Life Vampire (40CP child of Blood Harvest)
* Blood Ice now heals the Defiler by 20 HP
* Upon dealing 10 or more damage, there is a 10% chance that one Blood Ice will be granted to the Defiler.
** This is counted across multiple attacks. Every point of damage they deal adds to a counter, so whenever they reach that 10 damage threshold, they trigger the chance to get the Blood Ice. If a character manages to, say, deal 20 damage in 1 attack, this is rolled twice.
>>Blood Ice is no longer used for alchemy, transmuting, or anything besides health

We may have to play with some of those numbers down the line, but that's what the alpha is for! As you can see, we understood the problem of "you must deal 10 damage", and looked for ways around it. I'd like to throw out a few more things:

We plan to add a pane to show you the corpses on the tile, and give you a means to identify who these corpses used to belong to. No Eye of Death needed, although you will still need eye of death to identify the killer or the location of either party. A Defiler gains buttons to perform dark rituals on the slain, and usually this gives them better stuff if the victim is an angel, high level, or personally slain by the defiler. This is a mechanic we had a lot of fun with and really wanted to play around with a lot, and may introduce more rituals later. I for one could go for a ritual of corpsesplovie murder, but I'm a little uneasy when it comes to giving out AOE effects.

The big issue we had to consider with "should this consume the corpse" is working out if a corpse is a resource, or if the Defiler desperately needs as many as they can get. We had hoped that these mechanics would allow the Defiler plenty of opportunity to gain ice, to the point where these 2 dark rituals shouldn't need to be done that often thanks to the availability of other means to get them. At the same time, we wanted consistency. If we were to come back later with a Dark Oppressor skill for example, and give them a tier ritual that produces area bonuses for factionmates, we'd certainly want that to consume the corpse. Or a Corruptor ritual which consumes a corpse in exchange for more actions, or damage. Or a Wyrm Master skill where they literally consume a corpse and it gives them bonus HP. We have all sorts of ideas floating around for tier 3 skills centered around performing more rituals on these corpses, but the nature of many of these are such that we really don't want the corpse to remain after the fact.

Yes, this does appear to put something of a strain on the Lich at first glance. However, keep in mind the Lich has the ability to summon corpses to their location. Another way to look at it is this gives the Lich increased synergy with Defilers, since the Lich can now summon corpses for their factionmates to make use of. We are a little apprehensive on the prospect of "Lich summons corpse, Defiler gets ice, then Lich summons zombie", or a similar rodeo after a raid. furthermore, our general belief is that it is much easier to buff something than it is to nerf it, so we tend to err to the side of caution and if we went too far it's very easy to come back and buff it later. After all, everyone loves buffs! But if we are forced to nerf a skill you already bought, that sucks for you. We're not perfect. We're going to be wrong on a lot of things. So we try to plan it so if we are wrong, we have to give out a buff, rather than a nerf.
Mortal
Mortal

PostPosted: Tue Jul 05, 2016 10:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

:V that sounds so cool and thought. :V now I want to see the alpha.
but anyway, can't the corpses after defiling become "mangled corpse" so a lich can only use it in certain ways like skeleton summoning? nah I guess nobody wants to be forced to only summon something if you have the skills to summon something else.
:V Im eager to see the incoming changes.
Edith

PostPosted: Thu Jul 07, 2016 12:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The problem with harvesting off factionmates is that you both need to step out of the SH to do it. Otherwise the forts will reduce your damage.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nexus Clash Forum Index -> Game Mechanics Discussion All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: