Nexus Clash

Login

Nickname

Password

Don't have an account yet? You can create one. Registered players can create up to three free characters to battle, team up with your friends and explore the worlds of the Nexus! To create a character once you have registered, click on Game Map at the top of the page.
Nexus Clash :: View topic - 2 minds mafia - Town Wins
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

2 minds mafia - Town Wins
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Teksura
Nexus Fixture
Nexus Fixture

PostPosted: Thu Jul 07, 2016 12:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

And without much fanfare, UdernamePending is hung to death. Just as you've seen before, everyone hears a loud scream in their head and a dark form rises out from his head and dissipates.

UsernamePending is dead! They were one of the heads of Orthrus, and had been corrupted into becoming a Rogue Mine!

A sense of calm descended on everyone as the third rogue mind is destroyed. You all feel like the danger has passed.

Town Wins!
Nexus Fixture
Nexus Fixture

PostPosted: Thu Jul 07, 2016 12:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Notes and role PMs

#1 (Orthrus)
Rogue Mind - UsernamePending
Tracker - Armykid

#2 (Agni)
Rogue Mind - Invisime
Reviver - Shadok

#3 (Nehebkau)
Rogue Mind - Pikanchion
kinda-granny - BlackHeartKabal

#4 (Janus)
Doctor - Rincewind
Cop - Jazelock

#5 (A Hydra)
Vig - Azure
regenerator - Saint Jimmy

Night 1:

UsernamePending/Armykid: Army follows rincewind/jazelock
Invisime/Shadok: Shadok immortality
Pikanchion/BlackHeartKabal: Pikanchion kills BlackHeartKabal
Rincewind/Jazelock: investigate Rincewind
Saint Jimmy Regenerate head

Night 2:

UsernamePending/Armykid: Army follows Pika
Shadok: Shadok immortality
Pikanchion: Pikanchion kills Shadok
Rincewind/Jazelock: investigate Pikanchion

Night 3:

UsernamePending/Armykid: UNP kills armykid
Rincewind/Jazelock: Rincewind protect Armykid

Username Pending
Quote:
You are one of the heads of Orthrus. Armykid is the other head, and you may freely communicate with them at any time. Between the two of you, you only have 1 vote, and you only get 1 night action between you. I will only accept the most recent night action or vote from either one of you. Either one of you therefore has the ability to override the other, provided you send your message after they do.

Things were going really well at the 2headcon You got to meet all kinds of new and interesting beings. But then the lights went off, the doors slammed shut, and... you felt another presence inside your mind. A... third voice? What could it possibly...

And then you died.

Taking your place, is the third mind. You are now a Rogue Mind. You know there are 2 other Rogue Minds present, but you don't know who they are. Each of you shares 1 goal- the extermination of all minds which are unlike your own.

At night, if you act, you may perform a nightkill, destroying any 1 mind of your choice. You win if and only if there are exactly 0 non-rogue minds alive. Good luck.

Armnykid
Quote:
You are one of the heads of Orthrus. UsernamePending is the other head, and you may freely communicate with them at any time. Between the two of you, you only have 1 vote, and you only get 1 night action between you. I will only accept the most recent night action or vote from either one of you. Either one of you therefore has the ability to override the other, provided you send your message after they do.

You and UsernamePending were having a great time at the 2headcon before everything went to hell. Lucky for you, you always had the better nose. Every night, you have the ability to sniff someone's trail and see who they visited. I should clarify to you that this will not tell you which head actually acted, nor what action was taken.

You're sure you can sniff out those evil Rogue Minds though. Probably. Good luck!

Invisime
Quote:
You are one of the heads of Agni. Shadok is the other head, and you may freely communicate with them at any time. Between the two of you, you only have 1 vote, and you only get 1 night action between you. I will only accept the most recent night action or vote from either one of you. Either one of you therefore has the ability to override the other, provided you send your message after they do.

You had always liked being a god. It has its perks. Like being immortal, and having another person to talk to at all times. Also the sacrifices. MAN do you love sacrifices.

But then the lights went out at the 2headcon, and you felt something else present...

And then you were no more.

Taking your place was a Rogue Mind. Determined to destroy all those unlike itself. As such, every night you have the ability to perform a nightkill, smiting any you please. Assuming Shadok doesn't act, that is. You know there are 2 other minds present, but you do not know who they are. You win if and only if all non-rogue minds have been eliminated. Good luck.

Shadok
Quote:
You are one of the heads of Agni. Invisime is the other head, and you may freely communicate with them at any time. Between the two of you, you only have 1 vote, and you only get 1 night action between you. I will only accept the most recent night action or vote from either one of you. Either one of you therefore has the ability to override the other, provided you send your message after they do.

Being a god has its perks. Like immortality. You figure that's your key to surviving this. Each night you may spend it in a deep meditation to preserve your being. If you would be killed by a nightkill that night, you are instead knocked out for the following day and unable to post. Invisime is unaffected by any of this. Note that if Invisime acts, you can not do this.

You win once all these rogue minds have been eliminated good luck.

Pika
Quote:
You are one of the heads of Nehebkau. BlackHeartKabal is the other head, and you may freely communicate with them at any time. Between the two of you, you only have 1 vote, and you only get 1 night action between you. I will only accept the most recent night action or vote from either one of you. Either one of you therefore has the ability to override the other, provided you send your message after they do.

You were really looking forward to the 2headcon, and had just arrived when the lights went out. Everything went dark and you felt something else inside your head....

Then you ended.

What took your place was a malicious Rogue Mind, out to destroy every other non-rogue mind out there. You know there are 2 other rogue minds here, but you don't know who they are.

Each night you have the opportunity to perform a nightkill, destroying 1 other mind. Assuming that BlackHeartKebal doesn't act instead. You win if and only if there are exactly 0 others alive who are not rogue minds. Good luck.

blackheartkebal
Quote:
You are one of the heads of Nehebkau. Pikanchion is the other head, and you may freely communicate with them at any time. Between the two of you, you only have 1 vote, and you only get 1 night action between you. I will only accept the most recent night action or vote from either one of you. Either one of you therefore has the ability to override the other, provided you send your message after they do.

You really just want to get out of this alive, and you're ready to put up a fight to survive. Each night you have the option to bare your fangs at anyone who gets near you. If they get too close, you will bite them, and poison them (rendering them unable to post or vote the next day). If their action was a nightkill, this has a chance of preventing it. Remember though, you can't do this if Pikanchion acts.

Good luck.

Rincewind
Quote:
You are one of the heads of Janus. Jazelock is the other head, and you may freely communicate with them at any time. Between the two of you, you only have 1 vote, and you only get 1 night action between you. I will only accept the most recent night action or vote from either one of you. Either one of you therefore has the ability to override the other, provided you send your message after they do.

It's good to be a god. You like it. I mean, it's a pretty good gig. you get to look to the past and the future at the same time and everything. And you can perform miracles, which is cool.

Each night, you may protect someone from harm by simply being present. Any harmful or hindering effects (e.g. nightkill, roleblock, ect.) will not affect them. Of course, you can only do this if Jazelock does not act. Good luck.

jazelock
Quote:
You are one of the heads of Janus. Jazelock is the other head, and you may freely communicate with them at any time. Between the two of you, you only have 1 vote, and you only get 1 night action between you. I will only accept the most recent night action or vote from either one of you. Either one of you therefore has the ability to override the other, provided you send your message after they do.

You're pretty sure you have a few tricks to get yourself out of this mess with the rogue minds. Each night, you may use your divine powers to look towards the war and investigate someone to see if they are a rogue mind. Of course, you can't do this if Rincewind is acting that night. Good luck.

Azure

Quote:
You are one of the heads of a Hydra which has only had its original head cut off once. You like to call yourself Bob. Bob the Hydra. You are entirely different from Hydra Bob, he's another guy who only has 1 head. Saint Jimmy is the other head, and you may freely communicate with them at any time. Between the two of you, you only have 1 vote, and you only get 1 night action between you. I will only accept the most recent night action or vote from either one of you. Either one of you therefore has the ability to override the other, provided you send your message after they do.

anyway, you know 1 easy way to deal with these rogue minds. Murder. Murder solves everything. Each night you can simply kill someone else and eventually you'll have killed all of the rogue minds. Of course, you can't do this if Saint Jimmy acts instead. Good luck!

Saint Jimmy
Quote:
You are one of the heads of a Hydra which has only had its original head cut off once. You like to call yourself Bob. Bob the Hydra. You are entirely different from Hydra Bob, he's another guy who only has 1 head. Saint Jimmy is the other head, and you may freely communicate with them at any time. Between the two of you, you only have 1 vote, and you only get 1 night action between you. I will only accept the most recent night action or vote from either one of you. Either one of you therefore has the ability to override the other, provided you send your message after they do.

You think it's pretty silly that these rogue minds are trying to do... something. Well, they won't do anything to you. a Hydra is basically unkillable when they focus on regenerating their heads. Normally you can regenerate 2 heads after losing one, but you're kind of bad at it and can't do that yet. Each night, you may focus on regenerating a lost head. If You would be killed that night, you regain yours the following night. Of course, you can't act if Azure does. Good luck!

Nexus Fixture
Nexus Fixture

PostPosted: Thu Jul 07, 2016 12:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

GM thoughts:

I really wasn't sure how this was going to even play out. The Rogue Minds actually did not know who each other was, but they each had their own nightkill and started the game with enough votes to technically get a majority. If any of them had tried to off one another, they'd have stopped before finishing their prey and learned their target was in fact a fellow rogue mind. This would also visibly wound the target the next day, which I figured would be handy for drawing suspicion off them.

We had a few BPs each flavored differently specifically because I was expecting 2 or even 3 nightkills early on. Turns out the rogue minds all managed to just sort of take turns killing. Weird. I think all of the rogue minds ended up playing a cautious game.

In the end I think a lot of the design elements backfired on me and things didn't play out as expected. All those BPs were there with the expectation that they'd be countering a mafia with 2-3 kills per night, but the mafia never got off more than 1.
So much universe and so little time
So much universe and so little time

PostPosted: Thu Jul 07, 2016 1:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Teksura wrote:
If any of them had tried to off one another, they'd have stopped before finishing their prey and learned their target was in fact a fellow rogue mind.

Perhaps had they known this they would've been more proactive with their actions.
UsernamePending
Custom Title
Custom Title

PostPosted: Thu Jul 07, 2016 1:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rincewind wrote:
Teksura wrote:
If any of them had tried to off one another, they'd have stopped before finishing their prey and learned their target was in fact a fellow rogue mind.

Perhaps had they known this they would've been more proactive with their actions.

8:17 PM - BlackHeartKabal: HOW IS 42 KILLS AN A
8:17 PM - BlackHeartKabal: FOURTY TWO
8:17 PM - BlackHeartKabal: FOURTY TWOOOO
8:17 PM - BlackHeartKabal: IS ONLY AN A
8:17 PM - BlackHeartKabal: HOW DO YOU GET AN S ON LEBLANC
jazelock
Howdy!

PostPosted: Thu Jul 07, 2016 3:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the game, Tek! GG, well done, everyone, and especially well done, Rincewind! We successfully...(wait for it)...kept our heads. Wink

I'll just show myself out.
Pikanchion
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Thu Jul 07, 2016 11:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

wut, my teammates had night kills too... Wow

I'll admit I thought the game was setup poorly until this, but with each of us having night kills maybe not. I had thought that it was a normal 1-kill-per-scum team setup from the lack of kills.

Not letting scum know this
Quote:
is probably something I would have changed if running the setup myself though, first night I felt compelled to kill my partner as they were the only one I knew for certain was town, and the risk of friendly fire was too great. This combined with not knowing about my team's multiple kills is the only reason I was so happy to let invisime die as it gave me another definite town to kill even in the worst case scenario.
Teksura
Nexus Fixture
Nexus Fixture

PostPosted: Thu Jul 07, 2016 12:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I could have sworn that I had mentioned that you couldn't kill the other rogue minds somewhere. Huh.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 07, 2016 2:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Curse my luck having the town-sided Vig die on N1 after I claimed that to Shadok.
Saint_Jimmy
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Thu Jul 07, 2016 2:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well played guys! Huh, the scum could've done multiple NKs in one night? I guess we got lucky there.
Shadok
Nexus Fixture
Nexus Fixture

PostPosted: Thu Jul 07, 2016 11:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have to ask Invisime if he was thrown off at all at my claim that he'd also be shielded by my BP power.

I'd sent that to him in a PM having misread my own. I realised later that oh heck I'd been wrong.

But by then I'd grown distrustful of Invisime and felt no need to correct my error Laughing

"Oh, sorry, thought I was in a Vault of Enlightenment, not someone's booze cabinet." -Kharn
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nexus Clash Forum Index -> Other Games All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10
Page 10 of 10

Jump to: