Nexus Clash

Login

Nickname

Password

Don't have an account yet? You can create one. Registered players can create up to three free characters to battle, team up with your friends and explore the worlds of the Nexus! To create a character once you have registered, click on Game Map at the top of the page.
Nexus Clash :: View topic - Hand-To-Hand Based Build
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Hand-To-Hand Based Build

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Chewi-Arsenic-Candy
Mortal
Mortal

PostPosted: Tue Sep 06, 2016 7:33 am    Post subject: Hand-To-Hand Based Build Reply with quote

New player here! I've decided to have my character Chewi (I might have to change his name in the future to avoid confusion between him and I) be a neutral based around being on the front line of close-combat, notably hand-to-hand. Is this a viable option or should I start focusing on melee combat?
I know that Myrmidon leads to the Eternal Soldier, which is a lot more focused on actual combat skills than the Nexus Champion (which while I love the monk aesthetic it has its not what I have in mind for my current character... and hey, there's always the next breath!)

The current skills I have chosen for him are;

Level 1 - Hand to Hand
Level 2 - Search (due to it's usefulness)
Level 3 - Saved CP
Level 4 - Dodge

The other mortal skills I plan on grabbing are Martial Arts, Strength, Stamina and Parry. Any others I should think on investing before I Transcend Chewi to Myrmidon?[/b]
SkullFace
Nexus Clash Veteran
Nexus Clash Veteran

PostPosted: Tue Sep 06, 2016 10:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome.

Shouldn't a character named Chewi be a HTH werewolf?

On your tentative build I'd skip the Parry option completely, max the attack tree first before venturing into defensives. Can't recall if Boxing synergizes with Martial Form, if so lose Dodge. Something like this?

Quote:
Level CP Skill
1 10 Hand to Hand Combat
1 0 -- Saved --
2 10 Search
3 0 -- Saved --
4 20 Martial Arts
5 0 -- Saved --
6 0 -- Saved --
7 30 Advanced Martial Arts
8 0 -- Saved --
9 0 -- Saved --
10 0 Critical Hit
10 20 Strong Attack
10 20 Meditation
11 0 -- Saved --
12 40 Enhanced Senses
13 20 Combat Mastery
14 20 Super Reflexes
15 10 Strength
15 10 Sense Magic
16 20 Stamina
17 20 Dodge
18 0 -- Saved --
19 0 -- Saved --
20 0 Way of Vim
20 30 Way of Lightning
20 -40 40 Exploration Badges
20 -10 Books Read
20 30 Way of the Lashing Kick
20 60 Master of the Martial Form
21 30 Elite Attack
22 30 Way of Air
23 30 Way of Earth
24 30 Way of Water
25 0 -- Saved --
26 60 Infinite Attack
27 0 -- Saved --
28 60 Master of the Reflex
29 0 -- Saved --
30 60 Master of Hidden Energy

Skull Face
Chewi-Arsenic-Candy
Mortal
Mortal

PostPosted: Tue Sep 06, 2016 1:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the advice! I'll be sure to use that plan as a guide!

Unfortunately, I'd already taken Dodge when I created this thread. If there's a way to undo CP purchases that would be good to know. If not, should I just add an extra couple levels to your plan to compensate?
jazelock
Howdy!

PostPosted: Tue Sep 06, 2016 1:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chewi-Arsenic-Candy wrote:
Thanks for the advice! I'll be sure to use that plan as a guide!

Unfortunately, I'd already taken Dodge when I created this thread. If there's a way to undo CP purchases that would be good to know. If not, should I just add an extra couple levels to your plan to compensate?

No real way to undo CP purchase, beyond begging the admins very prettily. But it's just 20 CP for a skill you were going to end up taking anyway, so that's no big deal. You'll just be a little behind schedule according to the build, up until the level SkullFace recommended taking Dodge.

Boxing does synergise with Martial Form, so if you really want that extra 2 damage, well, book grinding is easy enough. Razz
Saint_Jimmy
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Tue Sep 06, 2016 2:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gonna make a suggestion to Skullface's build. Skip Enhanced Senses and meditation, pick up boxing and evasion. Boxing works with cobra strike at T3, and a high dodge chance can get ridiculous against pets, especially with the ES immunity to slashing you'll have. (It means you can be literally immune to most pets just by drinking a potion, and the ones you aren't immune to won't hit anyway.)

However, this build *does* miss out on Way of Fire, which is probably my favourite ES skill. Eternal Soldiers have a lot of skills that are *really* helpful :/
Chewi-Arsenic-Candy
Mortal
Mortal

PostPosted: Tue Sep 06, 2016 2:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you for all of your advice! I can't wait to start leveling up further and getting ready to kick butt of all alignments and loyalties!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nexus Clash Forum Index -> Build Advice All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: