Nexus Clash

Login

Nickname

Password

Don't have an account yet? You can create one. Registered players can create up to three free characters to battle, team up with your friends and explore the worlds of the Nexus! To create a character once you have registered, click on Game Map at the top of the page.
Nexus Clash :: View topic - Mortals Seeking Employment
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Mortals Seeking Employment

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Polytonic
Mortal
Mortal

PostPosted: Wed May 10, 2017 2:41 pm    Post subject: Mortals Seeking Employment Reply with quote

I've recently started playing again (I last played in WIGBL ...) and it seems most of the old factions I was once in have disappeared.

I now have three mortals, seeking gainful employment, preferably in factions with strongholds in close proximity to a library. Anyone recruiting?
Teksura
Nexus Fixture
Nexus Fixture

PostPosted: Wed May 10, 2017 3:42 pm    Post subject: Re: Mortals Seeking Employment Reply with quote

Polytonic wrote:
I've recently started playing again (I last played in WIGBL ...) and it seems most of the old factions I was once in have disappeared.

I now have three mortals, seeking gainful employment, preferably in factions with strongholds in close proximity to a library. Anyone recruiting?

Welcome back!

Foundation is always looking for someone to help defend humanity against the demons and angels as they clash in their holy war. Pretty regular raids organized on our Discord server. Not next to a library but nearby. A tendency to hand off XP to low levels to help them level up on raids. And if you're into that sort of thing, we have one or 2 SM addicts in the stronghold for regular healing.
Mortal
Mortal

PostPosted: Wed May 10, 2017 7:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Now, now. (Wheeze!)
Why on earth would you want to help 'defend' this wretched world..? (Rasp, rasp.)

You could choose to be something more; something greater.
Something strong.

Why not look into the Demons next Door?

We're oh-so-friendly, have convenient access to a library, and have fantastic taste in tea, music, art, and bloodshed.

Though of course my recommendations are up to you.
Foundation also looks quite pleasant...
And I'm sure we'll run into each other, at one point or another...
(Rasp, hack...)
Teksura
Nexus Fixture
Nexus Fixture

PostPosted: Wed May 10, 2017 9:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

olblueeyes wrote:
Why not look into the Demons next Door?

I'll tell you why. It's all right there in the name. First off all, these particular demons are next door. Not across town or a short drive away like most friends you'd like, but next door. This means all those times you just want to spend a quiet evening at home watching netflix, you get some demon knocking on your door asking if you want any leftovers. Far be it from me to turn down free food but then they want to stick around and chat and this goes on for hours when all you really want to do is catch up on that series you've been neglecting. Not only that, but do you know what people do in their homes? They walk around in their underpants. So you're bound to eventually just happen to catch them walking by a window at some point and that's going to make a really awkward moment later. And you know what else? They're demons! Actual nasty brutal murdering demons! I mean, sure I'm just as likely to murder you as well, but at least I won't be evil about it. Or good, for that matter. It's more of a moral gray area when I do it.
Mortal
Mortal

PostPosted: Wed May 10, 2017 10:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NEEEEUTRALIIIIITY -

I mean, sorry, I hope you didn't hear the venom in my voice and get scared away, Polytonic.
I'm sure a refined player like yourself, whose heart is not full of craven neutrality, would recognize that some people enjoy intellectually stimulating conversation in their underroos, at Stygia-friendly hours of the evening!

Why, imagine this scene:
You're netflixing, possibly netflixing-and-chilling, with a beautiful nexal inhabitant of your choice.
Maybe two.
I wouldn't judge you. (Rasp!)

SUDDENLY A DEMON pops into your room and compliments your favourite kitty-print underwear!
You feel better about yourself, your life choices, and the netflix show before the demon tears you into chunks and devours you whole.

Ah. I mean. I misspoke. (Wheeze.)

That'd never happen. Aha, hahaha...

... You're probably better off joining Foundation, come to think of it.
Teksura, might have... A few things right, in that little speech...
Samizdat

PostPosted: Thu May 11, 2017 7:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Teksura wrote:
Not only that, but do you know what people do in their homes? They walk around in their underpants.

This raises an interesting question in the context of demons. When a Pariah becomes an Infernal Behemoth, he grows a tail (or does he only grow it upon learning Tailwhip?). That tail presumably would get in the way of underwear. Do they have to get all new underwear after classing up? Or do they just poke a hole in their existing underwear? Are they commando for a while as they look for new underwear? I'm hoping that the sequel to the Lore of Haldos will answer these pressing questions.
Teksura
Nexus Fixture
Nexus Fixture

PostPosted: Thu May 11, 2017 10:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, let's reference the beautiful art on the matter:

As you can see, this particular demon who may or may not reside next door is one of those people who don't even bother with underpants in their own home. without even so much as a shred of clothing on them, they enjoy running around entirely in the nude. Just imagine you are relaxing at home, enjoying the good life, and then you glance out the window and BAM! Naked demon next door. I don't know about you but I certainly don't want to see that when I'm just trying to make myself a ham and cheese sandwich. Come to think of it, I don't want to see that when I make the trip to King's Island to reclaim their standard for our collection, either. They should at least have the decency to put some clothes on when they have company over, but NO! According to newly leaked images THEY DON'T EVEN PUT CLOTHES ON WHEN THEY FIGHT, EITHER.
Mortal
Mortal

PostPosted: Thu May 11, 2017 3:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Naked demons brings to mind an unpleasant image ...

Foundation sounds right up my alley though! I've joined up with one of my mere mortals who will soon transcend to ... okay I can't think of anything clever at this point.

I do want to exact murderous revenge on the demon that keeps killing me in the library though.

Edit: one character left to place in a faction (preferably one that accepts angels).
olblueeyes
Mortal
Mortal

PostPosted: Thu May 11, 2017 10:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Samizdat wrote:
Insightful comments about underwear, demons, and the greater lore of the Nexus itself.

I can assure you. (Rasp!)

True demons have no need for anything so encumbering as 'underwear.'
Also, soul ices suggests that old Haldos was finally done in by his overwhelming curiousity about the nature of demonic undergarments.

Teksura wrote:
Horrifying slander that no gentle-demon would ever corroborate?!

The first step to becoming strong is learning to adapt to all climates.
You come into our house while we're eating our ham sandwiches, and you have the tenacity to wear pants, I mean, do you realize how rude that is? Makes me tear up, practically! (Sniff, hack!)

Uh, anyway!

Polytonic wrote:
Clever comments, and an unfortunate story about demon-related death in libraries?

A pity you won't be joining up with us, but I seriously wish you luck.
You might still see me around, ahaha...
And good luck with that demon in the library. I hope they at least had the courtesy to offer you tea, a cigarette, or a ham sandwich.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nexus Clash Forum Index -> Recruitment All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: