Nexus Clash

Login

Nickname

Password

Don't have an account yet? You can create one. Registered players can create up to three free characters to battle, team up with your friends and explore the worlds of the Nexus! To create a character once you have registered, click on Game Map at the top of the page.
Nexus Clash :: View topic - Character Points and Tiers
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Character Points and Tiers

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nexus Clash Forum Index -> Game Mechanics Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
animalsfan2687
Mortal
Mortal

PostPosted: Wed Oct 25, 2017 7:04 am    Post subject: Character Points and Tiers Reply with quote

Not sure if this question has all ready been answered or if it is in the right area, but if i level my mortal character pass the point where i can choose a class, will i lose the Character Points that i would have gotten from that tier or will the game notice it afterwards and give the correct amount of Character Points when i enter the next tier?
Saint_Jimmy
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Wed Oct 25, 2017 10:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You don't lose a thing! CP gain (along with stuff like XP gain and poison remaining post-death) is based off of level rather than actual tier. You can level all the way up to 30 before choosing a class if you want and you won't lose any CP.
animalsfan2687
Mortal
Mortal

PostPosted: Wed Oct 25, 2017 12:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Saint_Jimmy wrote:
You don't lose a thing! CP gain (along with stuff like XP gain and poison remaining post-death) is based off of level rather than actual tier. You can level all the way up to 30 before choosing a class if you want and you won't lose any CP.

Ok, thanks for asking me that, i don't have to worry about that, it is that every player has their own goals and classes that they can be as well as their Morality and Factions, so i do what i do in the game.
Kylinn
Nexus Clash Veteran
Nexus Clash Veteran

PostPosted: Thu Oct 26, 2017 1:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, the only thing is that before you can choose a level 2 class you must have spent 70 Character Points, and before you can choose a level 3 class you must have spent a total of 250 Character Points.

There is a Planner in the top menu bar you can play with to see how your planned build will work out.
Badziew

PostPosted: Fri Oct 27, 2017 1:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kylinn wrote:
Yeah, the only thing is that before you can choose a level 2 class you must have spent 70 Character Points, and before you can choose a level 3 class you must have spent a total of 250 Character Points.

That's a good opportunity to ask: can I spend all those CP on Mortal skills, or do I need to spend some of them on class skills? I remember seeing conflicting information on wiki, in planner and in game... or maybe I was just confused Wink
Mallich
Nexus Clash Veteran
Nexus Clash Veteran

PostPosted: Fri Oct 27, 2017 4:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You can spend them all on mortal skills if you want.

There are 2 exceptions, but they're very rare: Fallen and Redeemed. For balance purposes, they must spend at least 100 CP on T2 things.
Badziew

PostPosted: Fri Oct 27, 2017 4:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mallich wrote:
You can spend them all on mortal skills if you want.

And now I wonder if anyone actually made such "eternal mortal" character... Rolling Eyes
catvom

PostPosted: Fri Oct 27, 2017 8:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
And now I wonder if anyone actually made such "eternal mortal" character... Rolling Eyes

There have been a few through the years
Kylinn
Nexus Clash Veteran
Nexus Clash Veteran

PostPosted: Fri Oct 27, 2017 5:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wasn't Throctukes a mortal until somewhere in the 20s, back in the original Nexus?
Shadow
Explorer
Explorer

PostPosted: Fri Oct 27, 2017 10:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thats what i like about this game, you can play it any way you want Smile

http://www.nexusclash.com/modules.php?name=Game&op=character&id=9772
The Collector - Crimson Caravan Company
Judge Kraken - The Police Force at the End of the Universe
Slimer - Feral Clowder
animalsfan2687
Mortal
Mortal

PostPosted: Sat Oct 28, 2017 9:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shadow wrote:
Thats what i like about this game, you can play it any way you want Smile

http://www.nexusclash.com/modules.php?name=Game&op=character&id=9772

Indeed, i am mostly badge hunting and exploring the game, finding books and stuffs for either leveling up or getting the badges from them, the one where i have to kill angels and demons is going to be the hardest ones for me, i will probably not get the first 1 for them without finding level 10 angels and demons that have no skills for those classes and other things except for the free skill for them when i reach level 30
Teksura
Nexus Fixture
Nexus Fixture

PostPosted: Sat Oct 28, 2017 1:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The requirement is that you merely spend the CP prior to selecting a new class. There is no requirement behind what you spend it on, with the sole exception of becoming a Fallen or a Redeemed. In all other cases, you can spend the CP on anything you like from any tier class you have available to you. However, in the case of a Fallen or Redeemed, you must have spent at least 100 CP (usually spend exactly 100 CP because there is no bonus from spending any more than that) on your tier 2 class skills before selecting the Fallen or Redeemed class.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nexus Clash Forum Index -> Game Mechanics Discussion All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: