Nexus Clash

Login

Nickname

Password

Don't have an account yet? You can create one. Registered players can create up to three free characters to battle, team up with your friends and explore the worlds of the Nexus! To create a character once you have registered, click on Game Map at the top of the page.
Nexus Clash :: View topic - Digital Calamity (Android)
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Digital Calamity (Android)

View previous topic :: View next topic  
TTHSK
Mortal
Mortal

PostPosted: Fri Nov 10, 2017 7:49 pm    Post subject: Digital Calamity (Android) Reply with quote

I've been thinking about making a Nexus-like game for a long time, and ... uh, now I am. Currently it's in alpha, so most of the complexity is missing but the game is playable (and winnable).

Currently only Android, but here's some links:
https://play.google.com/apps/testing/com.tthsk.digitalcalamity <- playstore link
http://discord.gg/2WUVnGS <- Development discord

The setting is cyberpunk, but it might get reskinned

The gist of how the game is supposed to work is:
+ Players create factions
+ Factions blob up
+ A faction wins by controlling > 50% of territory
+ Everyone has had a fun murder fest; repeat

Big gameplay differences include:
+ Items - I'm trying to keep things straightforward for casual players, so no items (for this game, anyway)
+ Skills - I intend to have an equivalent that comes in the form of 'components' for your 'chassis' (body), but these will be unlocked by the faction (with the intent that a faction can setup presets for casual players, but you can customise if you want to fiddle around). This feature is not currently in the game
+ Worlds - The game runs multiple worlds simultaneously, which can start/end/etc. in parallel.

I have a huge list of features to add, but I'm quite keen to know what people think about the UI/how confusing it is to start playing it.
Badziew

PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2017 1:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

How much casual-friendly it is? How much the game punish you for not logging in every day etc? My play time is highly irregular...
TTHSK
Mortal
Mortal

PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2017 2:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Badziew wrote:
How much casual-friendly it is? How much the game punish you for not logging in every day etc? My play time is highly irregular...

The intent is for the game to be very casual friendly, but ... I can't tell for sure until I've seen how it works in practice. If I do it right it will always be possible to logon and do something useful for your faction (even after leaving near the start of a world and returning near the end).

In general some of the features should help:
+ The worlds reset often so ending up permanently behind is impossible.
+ I'm (eventually) going to experiment with allowing you to set your character to do certain things automatically while offline (eg. continue taking over a location, attack enemies who enter a location, possibly even respawn and return to a location when possible).
Badziew

PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2017 2:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TTHSK wrote:
The intent is for the game to be very casual friendly, but ... I can't tell for sure until I've seen how it works in practice. If I do it right it will always be possible to logon and do something useful for your faction (even after leaving near the start of a world and returning near the end).
Cool. That is enough for me, I'll play it... probably on my daily commute Razz

TTHSK wrote:
I'm (eventually) going to experiment with allowing you to set your character to do certain things automatically while offline (eg. continue taking over a location, attack enemies who enter a location, possibly even respawn and return to a location when possible).
Even more cool. I always liked more a "puppet master" approach than direct control Smile

BTW I really like the fact that your app does not require any extra/suspicious permissions. This is (sadly) a rare feature nowadays...
TTHSK
Mortal
Mortal

PostPosted: Mon Jan 22, 2018 7:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm now halfway to the beta release - the features are there, but there's still a couple of months of adding parts (skills; the system is done but it's just generated placeholders), improving the UI, and getting art before the beta is ready. Plus bugfixing.

Badziew wrote:
BTW I really like the fact that your app does not require any extra/suspicious permissions. This is (sadly) a rare feature nowadays...
Smile

Development discord still lives at http://discord.gg/2WUVnGS
and app is probably best found by searching for "Digital Calamity" on the google play store (it's an open alpha test, so it should ask you to sign up to the test when you look at it)
TTHSK
Mortal
Mortal

PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2018 7:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm getting near to 'beta' release, so pretty much everything's in bar some of the art.

Some new (shrunk down) screenshots - https://imgur.com/a/G7825

If you feel the urge at all please give it a go and let me know what you think - I'd love some more feedback/suggestions before I send it off into the wild <_<

---
Edit:
And now it's live Very Happy
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nexus Clash Forum Index -> Other Games All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: