Nexus Clash

Login

Nickname

Password

Don't have an account yet? You can create one. Registered players can create up to three free characters to battle, team up with your friends and explore the worlds of the Nexus! To create a character once you have registered, click on Game Map at the top of the page.
Nexus Clash :: View topic - What classes do you enjoy? What don't you enjoy? Why?
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

What classes do you enjoy? What don't you enjoy? Why?
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nexus Clash Forum Index -> Out-of-Character Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Telp

PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2018 1:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fallen
I’m new to the Fallen and I play him as a feral (for now), quietly levelling up. I like Shadowskulking in broad daylight in the middle of Laurentia. Reloading guns without ammo is good as well.

IB
I like the IB. My IB has a one-man faction with a somewhat provocative name and yet I rarely find myself raided.
I would welcome some other paths to build him (there really is only one way to build an IB, with some modifications), a 90cp activated tank skill (e.g. child to adrenal healing, give me 1 HP for every attack that hits me), or a 90cp passive tank skill (give me a permanent move penalty 2AP/1 tile for a huge bonus of some sort); in short - something that would make the IB a superior tank to the DH (I know, I know, we are not supposed to write about power balance, but it's closely linked to enjoyability in my case).

Rev
I have a sword Rev and I’m a bit disappointed. She’s neither a great hunter (let me see corpses on the minimap and I’ll be a happy draugr), nor a good raider (I have a runesword for bashing, but it’s still too little), she can’t tank a chicken shed. There is really nothing she can do with the exception of talking to corpses.

VW
VW is fun. I enjoy hunting, I enjoy raiding, I even enjoy grinding and lore hunting. I think the VW took too big a hit with the Stepping nerf, but at least it doesn’t remove the stones anymore (that was frustrating af). VW is all the Rev is not – great basher, can scout (and recap in) the enemy SH with invisibility, great hunter.

Lich
Now, that is a boring class. I guess I’m just not petmaster material. Although I think I had a lich a few Breaths ago and I don’t recall him being anywhere near so boring. Maybe if I had a button “rejuvenate all” and a button “SM 8 times” it would be somewhat less tedious at least.
Kylinn
Nexus Clash Veteran
Nexus Clash Veteran

PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2018 3:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Conduits are great if you like playing support characters. The main issue with them is a horribly tight build. I have some characters with dozens of extra CP sitting unspent, whereas my maxed Conduit only has 4 to spare, and would not have that if not for achievement XP.
Whispering
Mortal
Mortal

PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2018 4:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Liches

Like others have said all you really do is use all your ap/mp on rejuvenating your pet wall which is fairly boring.

Conduit

I like playing a support build, although a bit more flexibility in building a Conduit would be welcomed.
Sweedee
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2018 7:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I rather admire the Revenant. The bat form has incredible tank potential; last breath, I acted as one to pets as I destroyed their masters through a rush of amphetamines and non-sword melee swings.
And my Umbral Sword actually healed me through killing Infernal Behemoths (or anyone with an aura) who I could easily track down. There is always a demon killing some random Mortal they got no EXP from, so I saw myself as a errant avenger.

This breath, my Revenant is a different character and a Wolf form instead. Bite and Feeding Fangs seem a bit redundant, but they have differing uses. Bite will kill faster, but Fangs helps me tick down Adamant Kinship Seraphs I have the AP to gnaw on. The healing that Blood of the Wolf gives is nice between location roamings, and the MP from Heart of the Wolf gives me more Focused Attack use. Plus, I have Advanced Hide; with my high accuracy, I am almost guaranteed to hit should I combine a sneak attack with Focused Attack. A player takes less damage from an aura if they are trying less strikes, after all.
ComradeQuestion

PostPosted: Sat May 26, 2018 7:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've never liked ES, I feel like they're just playing the game on easymode, as they have solid tank potential, and amazing damage output, all without having to be creative.

I really liked Elementalist, and would like to see them make a return, but instead of being a pet swarm class, make them a dedicated single pet class.

Favorite class is probably Doom Howler though, as I love H2H combat, and they're incredible at it.
Second is Holy Champion, because they are probably the most versatile class.
Kharn
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2018 7:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't actually remember all the classes I've played but most of them have been combat classes, I can't stand doing the ol' spellgem search grind at the start of breaths so I just pilfer them from safes once the game has been going for a while.

With that being said, I'm a simple person, I like big numbers. Big health, big damage, big soak. I also like being unkillable, so I'll talk about the classes I've played the most.

IB
The no brainer. I love IBs because they deal big damage with BILIOUS UNHOLY RAGE, have the highest hp in the game and have decent soak. The downside is that to have all that you need to be xXXstatfarmlord2005XXx or have played the game for multiple breaths with the same character, like I did. Shit's just too CP intensive but that's an easy fix because the skill trees are getting reworked. My favorite class. Rate it 9 killing a mortal on the way to a raid/some poor AP'd factionmate to trigger bloodlust out of 10

Revenant
It's okay for raiding with Blood Frenzy, getting stacks is cool and dealing big damage is also cool. EoD is also lit. The thing I don't like about it is that wolf rev sucks >:C I don't want to be a bat or a mummy. 4 "tracking a target down only to find out he's in his stronghold" out of 5

Redeemed
Boy was I hyped up for that class. It's a tanky boy with fun mechanics like making demons lose their powers? Sign me up for some of that, but then the class kind of sucked and never really improved. Feels like it has a half finished skill set or something. Love the concept, hate playing it. 1 Spore preorder out of 3

Archon
I don't really remember what I did with that class, only that I kinda enjoyed playing it. Something to do with HTT and killing angels. Didn't like that Holier Than Thou didn't show you the exact morality score of people but having a lightsaber and singing people's ears out made up for it I suppose. 7 prequel memes out of 10

Corruptor
Good class. Fun class. Fun mechanics (buff dispelling, buff stealing, pet stealing). Big damage with wings, even though supplemental damage was bugged to fuck. all in all a solid 80 circumcized foreskins out of 100

Wyrm Master
I must've been on some heavy shit for the duration of the breath I made Kharn into a Wyrm Master, because I remember that build had throwing, hth and firearms for some reason. Surprisingly though I actually enjoyed playing it in a raiding setting, something to do with summoning a shitload of hounds in the middle of a raid by DHing people felt real good. 7 ahegaos in a tentacle doujin out of 10
SkullFace
Nexus Clash Veteran
Nexus Clash Veteran

PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2018 4:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Revenant

My main class. The class both benefits and suffers from the 'lucky bag' approach that Jorm started. It rewards a creative build but it's bad if you select the wrong mix of abilities for your playstyle or factional status. For me the class facilitates a Most Dangerous Game meme that allows factional contribution and a little independence to hunt demons.

Applying Strength of Darkness as the default T3 ability was bold and something I initially considered folly; on playthrough it makes thematic sense (freshly risen with a curse) and is an offset for later abilities.
The class fulfills the glass cannon role but the limit on Blood Frenzy has removed some of the edge case fun. Eye of Death is pricy but mandatory fun for a hunter.

Eternal Soldier

An everyman class and, after playing in Breaths 2, 3 and 3.5, sadly a little bland. I found the firearms abilities disappointing and wan't prepared to take a severely minmaxed route. On balance it's OK but I didn't login with a sense of anticipation.

Wizard

The class icon could be changed to a circular button with the word "Win!" inscribed on it. The perfect glass cannon which builds from modest T2 to powerhouse T3. Adding the mobility of Blink to the Spellwand tuning and Glyphs of Screwyou makes for a rounded play experience. Unless you meet a Nexus Champion Smile

Lich

Breath 3.5 is second time around for a Lich. The class really packs a punch when raiding and that's when I have enjoyed it most, whether defending or attacking. It is fairly boring otherwise, being uniquely short on mobility. Wrangling MP and AP to keep a pet horde active can get old but that is the petmaster schtick. Really dependent on T1 / T2 choices to give it any flavour.

Conduit

Heavy on the CP requirements, still a good class and you have to make a choice on playstyle. I have enjoyed playing Conduit this Breath despite the CP frustrations. Arguably the Breath 3.5 changes have devalued the Wormhole abilities (I chose not to invest) but larger-scale maps would change that dynamic. Previous Breath i loved the Flare for hunting in Valhalla. This Breath I do less killing and more support and find the Nexal Return ability to be a marvellous (if expensive 30 CP) flavour ability. Arcane Well and tree are unique and surprisingly useful; the synergy with an Advocaat or Lightspeaker is impressive.

Seraph

Seraph has changed a lot since NW and indeed since Breaths 1 and 2. Sadly I don't think I could repeat a solo factionless raid against the Jabberwock's lair in Breath 3.5 so I've avoided the class more recently. I used to like the Seraph a lot but their T3 focus is now too narrow for me.

A bit bland on paper, from the other side (i.e. attacking Seraphs) the uprated aura and the stacked defences are a nightmare, so job description as tanking class is well executed. As with IB (see later) the inability to score XP or pet kills for tanking is the single biggest negative; this should offer similar XP gains as those a petmaster achieves.

Divine Herald

I changed from feral Seraph to DH in Breath 3. All through T2 as Paladin is bland but from T3 onwards it was a rush akin to an Angelic VW. Arguably it was a little too easy, possibly due to having plenty of prior hunting experience.

Demon Tracker was a great T3 starter. The Melee option in conjunction with the Harbinger abilities make for a solid class. There's enough variance to keep it interesting and enough opportunities to f**k things up when attacking well-defended types. I could see me redeeming a demon if this class has Firearms synergy in any shape or form.

Archon

Hated this class. Stuck with it for a while but all the bugs during its initial run soured me on the class. Being on the other side of it in more recent times the pendulum may have swung the other way.

Holy Champion

Sill playing one for giggles with the Cloak of Foundation but it just doesn't have the wow factor that the class had in NW and will not do so until we can kill demons by throwing portaloos and vehicles at them. It does have a ridiculous endpoint in the Cloak of Air tree. The gain for 180 CP invested there is outrageously good value compared to similar CP invested in, say, Cloak of Fire tree or Stone Stepping. There should be entire factions of Cloak of Air Holy Champions. I think the class just needs the right fine tuning amongst Cloak options and would consider it in another Breath if I can find a GMT-friendly raiding faction.

Void Walker

VW is one class that I still play after much time as it is easy to work to in-game objectives.

Despite the limitations of firearms (I have kills with everything you can shoot up to and including the Small Cannon) the life of a feral Cowboy From Hell still brings the adrenaline when chasing down Seraphs and petmasters. As with many of the classes, some fine tune balancing would not hurt. The Invisibility tree is a total waste of CP in present form and one which I would only use if attempting to make a career in petmaster inhumation.

Last Breath I tried HTH VW too. Blood Claws releases the class to be a free spirit from T2 onwards, and it can also bash wards, but it's even more of a challenge dealing with an aura. Makes it probably the perfect demon for the uncaring but not quite right for me.

Doom Howler

Played DH in Breaths 2 and 3. For my £0.02 one of the better-balanced combat classes, good options for HTH and Thrown (the latter is murder to level through T2) but disappointed at the lack of Melee viability in recent Breath. This is really the class for the undecided factioned demon as it can fit the role of offense or defense moderately well (or badly) depending on choice. Fits nicely between VW and IB and addition of spells offers little extra.

Dark Oppressor

As with Archon above I bloody hated this in Breath 2 yet I stuck with it all the way. Now in Breath 3.5 it has found its place but it has been a hard class to build. Not sure I'd go for it again as the build really needs every CP minmaxed to death for the Aura tree (which works well in a raid context) and a hard decision to e.g. not bother with Domain, Crown, Horns et al.

Infernal Behemoth

Such potential and so frustrating! My first-time playing an IB character this Breath suffers from the inherent CP-expensive tank requirements and the short return on investment. This evening I managed one pet kill out of six (including a Monstrosity) and I consider that to be a good ratio. 5/6 of the potential XP and pet kill stats just went up in smoke. It's arguably better to be a tank without a permanent aura. Removing the Hide abilities was a poor decision IMO. Similarly not upping carrying capacity. Not likely to play this class again unless something changes.

On the other side of the tank I just love finding IBs as they are a huge pinata of XP just waiting to be cracked. YMMV.

Corruptor

I struggled with this class in Breath 3 but I did enjoy it. The uniqueness of Hex abilities and pet thievery makes for a different play experience over its easy-win equivalents (Wizard, Archon). A glass cannon to be sure and not much of a hunter unless based in Valhalla. Would definitely consider this one again in a factioned context.

Wyrm Master

Strangely enough, although a little more average than the Lich this class is more fun to play. I've tried it 2 times now to reasonable success. I like the mobility, I like the non-pet options (even if I don't buy them). Weirdly the pets themselves are of minimal consequence; Imps are a feeble niche, since the Tentacle rejuv on kill was depowered they have lost their mojo, the Wyrm and the Hellhounds are fairly average. The class works for me because it's a petmaster for those who don't want to sit still and manage pets all day. Some synergy with Desecrate would be a bonus (c.f. old Salt The Earth) or the ability for Hellhounds to feed on other pets.

T2 classes

T2 classes still need some attention. The Defiler has been to me consistently the least enjoyable T2 by comparison to much smoother runs with Myrmidon or Sorceror. Sorceror's might is arguably the biggest and best skill in T2. Paladin and Pariah come close second in terms of play experience, then Shepherd.

Summary

Not played them all. Yet. I have observed a steady flattening of the Poisson Curve with removal of edge case / synergistic builds. For me that is an unattractive as it removes some of the wow factor from the Nexus and makes it a little predictable. Those classes which have that magic something are the attractive ones. Keep the magic please.

Skull Face
Nayru
Highly Aloof Goddess
Highly Aloof Goddess

PostPosted: Wed Jul 04, 2018 4:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

small sidenote: aura pet kills do actually count now (and aura player kills, and a lot of retaliatory-effect player kills)
RaelCleap
Nexus Clash Veteran
Nexus Clash Veteran

PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2018 6:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not class specific, but Aura spells (not skills) Why do they only reflect mellee and Unarmed?

As for Classes, any PM, I find thatt wall building (even small ones) is frustrating and boring in regards to rejuv' / recovery time after death. Currently, PM's are not Feral Friendly in my opinion. I think a Less is more Aprouch would yeild a better basis for PM development. Cap on Horde Size and a lowering of AP and MP on all pet costs.

The other classes I dont have much of a Gripe, bar the cost of the DO's Intim Aura being 60CP, I feel, 30CP would be fair, considering it is a gateway into Skills that cost 90CP each.

LARGEST GRIPE! Angels reflect Aura! What madness happened here recently? Also, again, a big imbalance in favor of the Angels over demons, hell, every class even, to a point that the change seams biased. Why make a skill redundant and over buff its counterpart? Especially when Range Aura + Ranged weapon use = Big Natural Advantage over the Demon Auras and spell Aura users. I was very disapointed with the Dev team when I found out about the change.

For example, all my spell users and demons have auras of Spell / skill type. Yet for MP cost to Apply them before sleeping, some Angel comes along with a bow or sling and... No aura benifit. A waste of Ap /mp / CP for leaning the skill.

My biggest gripe to date. The recent change to the Angels Aura was / is...

Illogical, unbalanced and appears biased by design.

What next? Demons not being able to heal themselves? This example would kill off Feral demon play. I make it as a point of balance, as this example is as rediculous and illogical as the Angelic Aura changes from a "Design Balance" point of view.

------------------------------------------------------------------

Enchanting UI could use some work too, It is currently not very player friendly and very confusing (I regret taking the skill because of this)
Saint_Jimmy
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2018 12:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RaelCleap wrote:

My biggest gripe to date. The recent change to the Angels Aura was / is...

What recent change though?
RaelCleap
Nexus Clash Veteran
Nexus Clash Veteran

PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2018 1:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The change to Arch lightning and Clockwork cloud, it isn't documented but it has been changed on the wiki, go look.

More AK Archon cheese, hell no! And a redundant child skill in the form of clockwork cloud. Meh, Illogogical angel bias.
Saint_Jimmy
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2018 1:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There hasn't been, to the best of my knowledge, any changes to angel auras in any of our patches this year. Could you explain what exactly the change is? It's possible I'm missing something after all.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nexus Clash Forum Index -> Out-of-Character Discussion All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: