Nexus Clash

Login

Nickname

Password

Don't have an account yet? You can create one. Registered players can create up to three free characters to battle, team up with your friends and explore the worlds of the Nexus! To create a character once you have registered, click on Game Map at the top of the page.
Nexus Clash :: View topic - Nexus Improvements: Crafting, Ease of Use, and Bugsweeping
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Nexus Improvements: Crafting, Ease of Use, and Bugsweeping

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Kandarin
Dreamweaver
Dreamweaver

PostPosted: Sun Aug 12, 2018 10:01 pm    Post subject: Nexus Improvements: Crafting, Ease of Use, and Bugsweeping Reply with quote

While the development team continues working on the next Breath, we have also continued building many needed improvements to the current Breath. These improvements have once again reached a critical mass of change, so we are pleased to announce another major patch to the game that we all know and love.

Behind the scenes, we have made significant design progress toward delivery of the new Breath around the end of this year or start of next year. We are currently working though core and Tier 2 design concepts before moving on to Tier 3 and other endgame topics. Substantial progress has also been made on development of maps and planes to make the next Nexus world come alive. Because of our greater emphasis on the new Breath, coding is also shifting gears to focus on the changes needed to implement the team's design of the new Breath. There may possibly be a few more changes to B3.5 (and we can certainly resolve serious show-stopping bugs regardless of timeline) but as we go into autumn, we plan to fully focus 100% of development and coding attention on the new Breath.

The latest round of changes are:

Mechanics:
● With the ascendancy of Marquai the Constructor, whose portfolio includes craftsmanship and ingenuity, some changes have occurred to item crafting. These changes mean that it is now more efficient to craft an item at its desired quality level than to craft it as a destroyed item and repair it:
- Crafting an item with the 20 CP crafting skills (Bowyer, Smithing, Gunsmith) now costs (Base item AP) + (6 AP * quality level). This was reduced from (Base item AP) + (10 AP * quality level).
- Crafting an item with the 30 CP crafting skills (Master Bowyer, Mastersmith, Master Gunsmith) now costs (Base item AP) + (4 AP * quality level). This was reduced from (Base item AP) + (10 AP * quality level) + (20 AP if the quality is Good or Pristine).
● The AP costs of movement for pets are now tied to the AP movement costs of the petmaster rather than being 1 AP for all tiles. If the petmaster's AP costs of travel are reduced by a travel skill or status effect, or are increased by a terrain obstacle, the cost paid by pets will be reduced or increased accordingly.
● XP gained by a petmaster when their pets deal damage is no longer halved. XP gain for attacks directed against pets remains halved.
● For purposes of XP gain for killing pets, pets are now considered to be the same level as their masters. Previously, a fixed level number was used for this calculation, which significantly underestimated the average level of petmasters.
● Reduced weight of Surgeon's Kit from 10 to 4. This actually happened some time ago but is mentioned here for the sake of documentation.

Interface and Quality of Life:
● AP, MP and HP scores are now displayed as a pie-chart display that shows what proportion of your maximum you have remaining.
● If you have the First Aid skill, you will now be able to view the remaining minutes of Sorcerers Might on characters who are present in your location. Previously this only displayed whether the Sorcerers Might effect was present or not.
● Buttons to open and close interface panes (Skills, combat, etc) are now on the right side of the pane, rather than the left, to reduce the chance that the buttons will be clicked on by accident.
● Interacting with a character via combat, healing, giving or other forms of non-speech interaction will no longer make speech default to a whisper to them. The Speech pulldown now defaults to Everyone Here unless you deliberately whisper to a character, in which case it will default to that character until the next AP tick. Similarly, whispering to a character will not make attacks, heals, etc. default to them.
● Clicking on the name of a pet now selects it as your target in the pet combat dropdown. If you attack a pet, they will remain selected as your target in the pet combat dropdown until you either kill the pet, attack a different pet, or the next AP tick occurs.

Bugs:
● Fixed a bug where Forges and Gunbenches did not allow fixing items at Worn and below.
● Fixed a bug where Medbays did not help self-healing performed with First Aid Kits, Healing Herbs and Stygian Bone Leeches.
● Fixed a bug where Plagued With Doubt did not alter the damage floor.
● Clarified enchant decay messages to remove references to out-of-date content.
● Factionless users of AoE attacks may now attack other factionless characters.
● Fixed some misplaced aura flavor text.
● Fixed a series of bugs where attacks that autofailed vs flying characters still triggered Corruptor enchant draining and other negative side effects.
● Fixed a bug where the interface to purchase safe upgrades was not displaying the correct upgrade amounts.
● Fixed a bug where Word of Recall allowed Archons to teleport home alive even if they were killed (e.g. by a glyph, poison, etc.) in the process.
● Infernal Jets now correctly does not work if the Fallen is not of Evil morality.
● Fixed a bug in which Divine Herald Harbinger damage type changes were overridden by enchants when attacking a ward.
● Fixed a bug where Strength of Darkness health regeneration did not factor in permanent day in Elysium.
● Fixed a bug that caused Tattoo of Spell Projection to not apply damage type and total changes if the target was a ward, door, fortification or glyph.
● Ether Stepping now correctly halves indoor movement if the movement is within a large building and thus not a Corner Step action.
● Killing pets with Acid Blood or Cloak of Magma auras now correctly counts toward the Pets Killed stat, as other auras do.
● Infernal Combat now correctly grants its accuracy bonus with Heavy Weapons.
● Fixed a bug that kept skills that improve accuracy with Heavy Weapons from working against wards, fortifications, doors or glyphs.
● Corrected a bug that caused the Hide skill to grant a 10% improved chance to hide instead of 20%.
● Fixed a bug that kept angelic pets whose masters possess Hand of Zealotry from attacking Sect of Maevel zombies and other Neutral-aligned pets.
● Damage for setting a stronghold with the wrong morality is now correctly processed as a round number.
● Cut the Silver Cord and failed Touch of Corrupted Loyalty actions no longer incorrectly count as two Pets Killed stats.
● Touch of Corrupted Loyalty no longer incorrectly counts towards Damage Dealt.
Rincewind
So much universe and so little time
So much universe and so little time

PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2018 3:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

These changes are now live.
SkullFace
Nexus Clash Veteran
Nexus Clash Veteran

PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2018 5:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you for the efforts. I see a couple fixes in there from which my characters will benefit.

Wall Bash Idea Very Happy

Skull Face
Fremen

PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2018 6:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is there any way I can default to no pie charts on my characters? My slow internet is making my screen jump every time they reload the new numbers.
My MP chart disappears for a split second.
Badziew

PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2018 6:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fremen wrote:
Is there any way I can default to no pie charts on my characters? My slow internet is making my screen jump every time they reload the new numbers.
My MP chart disappears for a split second.

The pie charts are IMG tags, so the simplest solution is to add width and height attributes to those tags - that way browser would have enough information to reserve space for those images and so there would be no "jump" when the images finally load.

And if you add those attributes then a nice bonus would be filling the "alt" attribute with current stat value - that way player would not have to wait until image loads to know the most important part of the chart.

/2cents Smile
RaelCleap
Nexus Clash Veteran
Nexus Clash Veteran

PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2018 7:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My Patient Barry today, mmmm, I don't think that XP is balanced.

Quote:
Your pet Straitjacketed Lunatic, a Ghoul, attacked Animalsfan6754 and hit for 10 points of slashing damage. You gain 10 experience points! Your pet takes 6 points of acid damage! (2018-08-13 12:40:42).

That seams like a lot of xp for a level 30 killing a level 20.

Concern: about the amount of pet xp granted from hitting / killing currently, it may be a bit overpowered and make levelling a PM too easy. Especially when raiding or fighting other Pet walls / Pet Masters / Faction full of people.

Thoughts: Just think, Dark heart and G'Nak Tentacle spam / planting, or Ghouls multiplying on a raid, It is to much. It will take the fun, achievement and reward out of character progression of a Pet Master in my oppinion. Yes, Pet Masters need improvements / changes in certain areas, but not in this way.

That Pet Xp issue and the Pie chart lag are my only gripes. everything else looks great.

---------------------------------------------------------------------
Tathers
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2018 12:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Been gone for awhile, and just came back.

I agree with the pie charts, they are just way too big and in your face.

I also don't understand why that needed a change.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nexus Clash Forum Index -> Announcements All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: