Nexus Clash

Login

Nickname

Password

Don't have an account yet? You can create one. Registered players can create up to three free characters to battle, team up with your friends and explore the worlds of the Nexus! To create a character once you have registered, click on Game Map at the top of the page.
Nexus Clash :: View topic - A Shattering of Planes
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

A Shattering of Planes

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Kandarin
Dreamweaver
Dreamweaver

PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2019 4:12 am    Post subject: A Shattering of Planes Reply with quote

A great and mysterious upheaval has occurred in the planes of the Nexus.

The Outer Planes, Elysium and Stygia, have long existed in a state of empty, random formlessness - the result of a plane long ago that was torn into Good and Evil versions of itself, but without either possessing enough of the power of Creation to sustain itself as a functional plane. This state of limbo has finally come to an end, its long stasis jolted into motion by outside Unaligned forces.

As a result, Elysium and Stygia have condensed themselves into a series of smaller, more intact planes - planes that are more easily dominated by individual Elder Powers or other forces. These new planes do not appear on any known map, and new worlds and treasures are ripe for discovery by the brave and curious!

----

A few notes on this "out of character":
- The Exploration Badges are still technically at the same coordinates. This may change in a future update.
- Valhalla is entirely unaffected by this, though portals to the outer planes will go to different places. In some cases the Valhalla side of the portal may be in a different place.
- The means of traveling within planes has changed. How it has changed won't be spoiled in this announcement; go figure it out!
- The map is full of deeper clues as to what just happened.

Last edited by Kandarin on Wed Jul 03, 2019 9:10 am; edited 1 time in total
Kylinn
Nexus Clash Veteran
Nexus Clash Veteran

PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2019 12:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Calling Hellbound the Explorer! I think we're gonna need a bigger map.
catvom

PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2019 6:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kylinn wrote:
Calling Hellbound the Explorer! I think we're gonna need a bigger map.

And to think I was considering deleting that Smile

I have created maps for Shattered Elysium and Shattered Stygia.
Bob Ross has started on Elysium.

Let me know if anyone has problems adding to the maps, and I will tweak the permissions
Saint_Jimmy
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2019 11:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Funnily enough, when we were planning out the new Elysium/Stygia we used a copy of your original Google docs map to help draft it Razz
catvom

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2019 9:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am honoured Smile

In other news, Azure and Plscks have graciously given me access to all they have mapped so far, and I have added this to the doc
plscks
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2019 8:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So I took all the wonderful community maps and info (Thanks everyone!) and crammed it into a mostly updated hypermap.

There's probably lots of inaccuracies and it doesn't look the best, but most of everything works at this point. I'm still messing with it and updating it though. Hope this helps people, if you see glaring errors drop me a line on here or on Discord.

plscks-20 | Davington-25 | James Ford-26 | Wiggles-1297 | Desmond-1298 | Richard Feynman-2769 | a random janitor-2772 | Kaz-12345 | Advocado-12867
Badziew

PostPosted: Tue Apr 02, 2019 7:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So... has anyone connected the dots and figured out "what just happened" Question
Carilgar

PostPosted: Fri Apr 05, 2019 7:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Moving closer to the center of the singularity the outer layers have spagettified. Is Laurencia next?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nexus Clash Forum Index -> Announcements All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: