Nexus Clash

Login

Nickname

Password

Don't have an account yet? You can create one. Registered players can create up to three free characters to battle, team up with your friends and explore the worlds of the Nexus! To create a character once you have registered, click on Game Map at the top of the page.
Nexus Clash :: View topic - Help with builds
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Help with builds

View previous topic :: View next topic  
MrFrank
Mortal
Mortal

PostPosted: Wed Jun 19, 2019 12:42 pm    Post subject: Help with builds Reply with quote

Hello I have a few things I'd like some help with.

1. I have a Sheperd planning on transitioning to Lightspeaker, which spells do I need to learn (or can I just get by with spellgems?)

2. Future DO: I'm not sure what I need for Enchanting, do I need to have learned Alchemy and Spellcraft+learned spell, or do I just need potion+spellgem, or potion+learned spell?

3. Which spells should I learn as Enchanter DO? What about Taint Spell?
Armykid500

PostPosted: Wed Jun 19, 2019 12:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You should link your characters maybe
Kandarin
Dreamweaver
Dreamweaver

PostPosted: Wed Jun 19, 2019 8:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I see your Shepherd (11970) in All Your Souls and your Defiler (11976) in AHF.

1. As a Lightspeaker you won't want to go too heavily into casting spells, and you definitely don't want to use spells as your combat style - you won't have MP to cast combat spells with since you'll be spending all your MP on your army of pets. Your pets will do most of the damage, so which combat style you choose as Lightspeaker isn't that important.

You seem to have gone for Throwing Weapons, which is just fine as a choice so long as you can get Verdant Sling or an enchanted weapon. You won't deal a lot of direct damage as a Lightspeaker no matter what you do - that's what your pets are for.

Since you've already bought Spellcraft, your best uses of it will be for support and utility spells. Some suggestions:
- Sharp Vision to boost the accuracy of your sling or thrown weapons.
- Blur or Mystic Shield, for combat situations with pets out. You're the weak point of your army and can use these spells to get a bit less squishy.
- A Glyph to better control the battlefield.
- Greater Glyph erasure to eliminate obstacles to your army.

2. To enchant an item, you need the right potion plus the right skill or spell learned. You don't use up spellgems, and you don't technically need Alchemy if you have the potion - but there'll be times when you don't have the potion you need and could use Alchemy to craft it.

3. That depends on what enchants you plan to make! You'll want one spell (the cheapest one in CP) from each damage type that you want to enchant.

Spell Combat lets you enchant defense boosting items, which is especially good if you're the enchanter for a large group.

If you're making armor for a tank (or being a tank yourself) Mystic Shield or Mystic Mail are needed for Durability enchants, which are necessary for tanks but not so much for other situations.

Taint Spell is needed for Unholy enchanting. It's up to you whether you think it's worth 40 CP (I think it is, at least if you're enchanting for others besides yourself) but Unholy is one of the best damage types for weapons.
MrFrank
Mortal
Mortal

PostPosted: Wed Jun 19, 2019 11:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Kandarin! Just one last question, should I get one of every spell type for Enchanting or is that dependent on me/my faction?
plscks
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Thu Jun 20, 2019 5:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Typically if your enchanter is not using spell combat as a main attack type you will want to learn the spell that costs the lowest cp of each type of damage/soak you'd like to enchant. My Janitor enchants most things, you can check out the spells I've learned. I made some mistakes, along the way, but I really like how this character turned out.

In my opinion, taint spell is a good one to have as any demons you know will certainly want some unholy enchanted at some point, and non-demons will probably want some clothes enchanted in it too. Alchemy is a must, along with it Alchemical Transmutation will make your life much much easier. You could enchant without either of these, but it would be rather difficult and time consuming.

And spells on a pet master is a terrible idea, my Wyrm Master and my Lich for that matter, both use spells for combat and it can be quite the juggling act to keep pets up and be able to hit wards and forts.

plscks-20 | Davington-25 | James Ford-26 | Wiggles-1297 | Desmond-1298 | Richard Feynman-2769 | a random janitor-2772 | Kaz-12345 | Advocado-12867
Kandarin
Dreamweaver
Dreamweaver

PostPosted: Thu Jun 20, 2019 10:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

One additional perk of enchanting - and a reason to pick one of every spell type - is that Seal Magic stops the enchanted items that you're personally carrying from decaying when you die.

Since enchants on clothes can only decay when the wearer dies, the implication of this perk is that a pile of soak enchanted clothes will last you for the rest of the Breath. With some spells and Seal Magic learned, you'll essentially have a 6-soak innate armor against five different damage types. If you commission enchants from characters from other enchanter classes, you can potentially raise this to 6 soak vs. eight damage types, and you can add 10% defense and soaks vs mundane damage types by adding in enchanted armor. It takes some preparation, but a well-prepared enchanter is one tough target to kill, especially if they have additional perks such as the Oppressor's Terrifying Aspect and shutting down your attackers with Curses.
MrFrank
Mortal
Mortal

PostPosted: Thu Jun 20, 2019 11:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks kand and plscks this helps a lot, I think I know what to do now. Also that Lich be crazy, it's definitely a lot different than other Lichs I've seen out there.
catvom

PostPosted: Thu Jun 20, 2019 3:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kandarin wrote:

Since enchants on clothes can only decay when the wearer dies, the implication of this perk is that a pile of soak enchanted clothes will last you for the rest of the Breath.

Is the wiki incorrect then?

Wiki wrote:
Enchantments have a "duration" (length not revealed at this time). Each time the item is used (to attack with weapons or to defend with armor/clothing), the duration of the most recent enchantment on the item is reduced by 1. Once this duration reaches zero, the most recent enchantment expires. If there are still enchantments remaining on the item, further uses of the item will cause the next most recent enchantment to decay, and so on until all of the enchantments are lost. An enchanted item has a flat 15% chance to have one enchantment decay at the death of its possessor.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nexus Clash Forum Index -> Build Advice All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: