Nexus Clash

Login

Nickname

Password

Don't have an account yet? You can create one. Registered players can create up to three free characters to battle, team up with your friends and explore the worlds of the Nexus! To create a character once you have registered, click on Game Map at the top of the page.
Nexus Clash :: View topic - How does this game work with so few players?
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

How does this game work with so few players?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nexus Clash Forum Index -> Out-of-Character Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
sunnyside
Mortal
Mortal

PostPosted: Tue Nov 05, 2019 12:18 pm    Post subject: How does this game work with so few players? Reply with quote

Like I'm guessing quite a few here I go back to the old days. Of urban dead and Nexus war. I was one of the leaders of the second Caiger mall siege, and that involved thousands. Nexus war didn't concentrate people so much, but there was a lot of activity still, and somehow new players that kept showing up.

Anyway I'm at least partially back for nostalgia and I'm wondering how gameplay works with the lower numbers. Both in terms of hunting/solo play and how raiding can work.
plscks
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Tue Nov 05, 2019 12:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey there fellow old timer and welcome back! To answer your question, I don't know, it just continues to work, the plane sizes are a little smaller to help with this now-a-days, but not overwhelmingly small or anything. Hunting can be a little sparse sometimes but there are still people out there to find (especially if you know where to look), currently it is also supplemented a little bit with feral wandering pets on the outer planes. Raids are still certainly a thing and work pretty well, it's even possible for a well prepared small raid team to catch a large faction off guard and topple them.

plscks-20 | Davington-25 | James Ford-26 | Wiggles-1297 | Desmond-1298 | Richard Feynman-2769 | a random janitor-2772 | Kaz-12345 | Advocado-12867
Carilgar

PostPosted: Tue Nov 05, 2019 3:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome home fellow Caiger Mall survivor!!! Some of us old school people are still around too!!! Good to see ya!!!
Liemannen

PostPosted: Tue Nov 05, 2019 3:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Finding people to kill is kinda hard I suppose, but make a faction with few people and you can raid the other small factions and you will have fun time. 2-3 raiders is enough to clear similar sized factions.

Dealing with the huge factions is much less fun.
sunnyside
Mortal
Mortal

PostPosted: Wed Nov 06, 2019 7:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks!

So I suppose being able to solo a small Ward is a big thing if factions are small. Which classes are good at that these days?
oath2order

PostPosted: Wed Nov 06, 2019 1:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sunnyside wrote:
Thanks!

So I suppose being able to solo a small Ward is a big thing if factions are small. Which classes are good at that these days?

Sword Archon can take down a top tier ward in approx. 40 AP
plscks
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Wed Nov 06, 2019 4:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

oath2order wrote:
Sword Archon's break down top tier wards like it is their job! It basically is their job!

sunnyside wrote:
Thanks!

Really just about any Tier 3 class can knock out a 1000 point ward solo if they have full AP. There are some exceptions and it is build dependent, but smaller factions should be no problem to break in to on your own.

plscks-20 | Davington-25 | James Ford-26 | Wiggles-1297 | Desmond-1298 | Richard Feynman-2769 | a random janitor-2772 | Kaz-12345 | Advocado-12867
oath2order

PostPosted: Wed Nov 06, 2019 5:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

plscks wrote:
oath2order wrote:
Sword Archon's break down top tier wards like it is their job! It basically is their job!

sunnyside wrote:
Thanks!

Really just about any Tier 3 class can knock out a 1000 point ward solo if they have full AP. There are some exceptions and it is build dependent, but smaller factions should be no problem to break in to on your own.

heh heh heh heh heh heh
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nexus Clash Forum Index -> Out-of-Character Discussion All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: