Nexus Clash

Login

Nickname

Password

Don't have an account yet? You can create one. Registered players can create up to three free characters to battle, team up with your friends and explore the worlds of the Nexus! To create a character once you have registered, click on Game Map at the top of the page.
Nexus Clash :: View topic - pet suicide?
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

pet suicide?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nexus Clash Forum Index -> Game Mechanics Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
honestmistake

PostPosted: Mon Dec 02, 2019 2:31 pm    Post subject: pet suicide? Reply with quote

There are many reasons to suicide at low levels (easy respawn and death count spring to mind) but recently I've had a faction-mate repeatedly suicide against my ghouls (inside the stronghold) meaning that I now have over a dozen of his corpses as ghouls... This doesn't sit too well with me, I am not accusing them of cheating but I do feel its a very dodgy tactic given how easy it is to spam low level accounts in this type of game. Again, I am not suggesting this is whats happening but I do feel it's against the spirit (if not the letter) of the rules? So, am I being over sensitive to what is a known feature that I just haven't encountered before or should someone on the dev team take a look at how easy this would be to make a huge insta-horde for any ghoul master?
Kandarin
Dreamweaver
Dreamweaver

PostPosted: Mon Dec 02, 2019 5:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's not an intended feature and its ease is a side effect of the change spawning mortals close to their base. We'll have to add some sort of counter to it.

Last edited by Kandarin on Mon Dec 02, 2019 7:55 pm; edited 1 time in total
Dissident

PostPosted: Mon Dec 02, 2019 7:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LONG LIVE THE ZOMBIE FACTORY
Liemannen

PostPosted: Tue Dec 03, 2019 1:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

CCC was having a small discussion sorta about this couple weeks ago, albeit with the suicider being a maxed out character. I as a lich wasn't that keen on the idea doing it in our SH. Seemed kinda abuse-y even with a maxed out character.

However...mopping up own faction mates in the ghoul ball in enemy ex-SH after a raid however is just smart thinking. And 'cause CCC, setting pets to Aggressive against everyone when on foul mood while randomly traveling/hiding somewhere is also fun and appropriate.
Carilgar

PostPosted: Tue Dec 03, 2019 9:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kandarin wrote:
It's not an intended feature and its ease is a side effect of the change spawning mortals close to their base. We'll have to add some sort of counter to it.

I was doing this with Themys at the RRF. I stopped since it was ruled abuse here.

I suppose I'll just continue to do exactly the same thing on the npc monsters in Stygia or any zombies I find any where. I thought I'd not waste the corpses and help my 'zombie' faction at the same time.

Viva la wraiths!!!!

Dissident wrote:
LONG LIVE THE ZOMBIE FACTORY

Yes.
honestmistake

PostPosted: Tue Dec 03, 2019 5:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Carilgar. wasn't wanting to accuse anyone of cheating, just felt a little unfair with the new spawn rule. #MODS.. should I idle the ghouls or just let em die off naturally?
Nayru
Highly Aloof Goddess
Highly Aloof Goddess

PostPosted: Tue Dec 03, 2019 7:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

not that big an issue to be needing the 'farmed' summoner to bother doing something themselves, i'd imagine
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nexus Clash Forum Index -> Game Mechanics Discussion All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: