Nexus Clash

Login

Nickname

Password

Don't have an account yet? You can create one. Registered players can create up to three free characters to battle, team up with your friends and explore the worlds of the Nexus! To create a character once you have registered, click on Game Map at the top of the page.
Nexus Clash :: View topic - Sprite art
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Sprite art

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nexus Clash Forum Index -> Out-of-Character Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
iButt
Mortal
Mortal

PostPosted: Thu Aug 20, 2020 1:16 pm    Post subject: Sprite art Reply with quote

Hi! So, after asking how viable it would be to customize the blank map avatars we all have, I'd like to contribute to the cause with some sprite art! I've been a huge fan of the game since Nexus War.

I've started with the IB for now because it's the biggest dude and will help me gauge the size budget I'd have to make these - any other sprites should be smaller.

Some here will be WIP:

Evil Combat Classes

Evil Magic Classes

Evil Pets

Good Pets

Good Combat Classes

Good Magic Classes

Neutral Magic Classes

Neutral Combat Classes

While I will be greatly inspired by it, I won't strictly adhere to the existing (and really great) art by Aki, and I'm open to suggestions.

Plans:

- T2s: Very similar to the Mortal, not as artistically refined as the T3s.
- Wizard: Guy with the typical wizard hat and glowing with cool arcane shit
- Angels: Have a common color palette to really sell the idea that they're all a big happy family.
- Revenant/Lich: I really want to make these different and stand out from each other and have a unique identity, not sure how yet.
- Dark Oppressor: Stygia variant to represent their greater power there? Also, glasses. They're smart. And evil.
- VW: s n e a k y b o i. I don't want to just do a shadowy blob with a smile, some really scrawny and creepy motherfucker would do I believe.
- Corruptor: Succubus with giant ass titties, more of a charismatic and seductive individual than the intellectual Dark Oppressor.
- Conduit: I'm not sure if I'm going to go with the Avatar look. But if I don't have a better idea I'll go with that.
- Advocate/Lightspeaker/Archon: I really want these to look different and unique, but I'm not entirely sure how yet. For now I just got "people with wings in a toga and a different weapon"
- Make male/female versions eventually

Cheers!

Last edited by iButt on Sun Aug 30, 2020 12:20 am; edited 34 times in total
Alyss
Explorer
Explorer

PostPosted: Thu Aug 20, 2020 2:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow, these are super cute! The Infernal Behemoth actually looks super good and like a super hefty chebbage. I especially like how fiery and half-elemental it looks rather than just 'wow it big demon man'.

My fiancee mentioned something that could be really cool - don't want to suggest even more work for a sweet little fan project like this, but perhaps you could have very simple customisation alterations for the sprites?

Just like say, these 4 variants with the IB -

- Two big horns (yours)
- Two little horns
- Unicorn horn!
- Crown of spikes on head

This'd be a really cute feature if the game could have it. Although honestly with or without it, it'd be a big upgrade to be able to see what things are on the map, even if you restricted their appearance to only being visible if you shared a tile with them (i.e: still unclear/generic if further away from you) for meta purposes. Especially if it was through the medium of juicy sprite art. Honestly, even if the sprites were to be purely functional rather than particularly aesthetic, it'd still be a significant improvement for the interface and speed at which you can visually read the game.

'Course, nice ones like these are preferable, but I'd even take a buff stickman with horns and an angry face on it.
Nayru
Highly Aloof Goddess
Highly Aloof Goddess

PostPosted: Thu Aug 20, 2020 3:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
- Corruptor: Succubus with giant ass titties, more of a charismatic and seductive individual than the intellectual Dark Oppressor.

like 'big boob succubus', i take it? oho~
Whytemeet
Planeswalker
Planeswalker

PostPosted: Thu Aug 20, 2020 3:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow, these are really cool! Nice work.
Repth
Lore Developer
Lore Developer

PostPosted: Thu Aug 20, 2020 3:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sweeeeeeet.
iButt
Mortal
Mortal

PostPosted: Fri Aug 21, 2020 2:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Alyss wrote:
Wow, these are super cute! The Infernal Behemoth actually looks super good and like a super hefty chebbage. I especially like how fiery and half-elemental it looks rather than just 'wow it big demon man'.

My fiancee mentioned something that could be really cool - don't want to suggest even more work for a sweet little fan project like this, but perhaps you could have very simple customisation alterations for the sprites?

Just like say, these 4 variants with the IB -

- Two big horns (yours)
- Two little horns
- Unicorn horn!
- Crown of spikes on head

This'd be a really cute feature if the game could have it. Although honestly with or without it, it'd be a big upgrade to be able to see what things are on the map, even if you restricted their appearance to only being visible if you shared a tile with them (i.e: still unclear/generic if further away from you) for meta purposes. Especially if it was through the medium of juicy sprite art. Honestly, even if the sprites were to be purely functional rather than particularly aesthetic, it'd still be a significant improvement for the interface and speed at which you can visually read the game.

'Course, nice ones like these are preferable, but I'd even take a buff stickman with horns and an angry face on it.

That's a cool idea! I had the "lava" layer still around in the canvas so I used it to make this pureflame variant of the IB

(I intend to make male/female versions for each class, but with the IB being so monstrous I believe this could do as well lol)

Quote:
like 'big boob succubus', i take it? oho~

A huge ass and a tiny waist too, WIP up for it.

Whytemeet wrote:
Wow, these are really cool! Nice work.

Repth wrote:
Sweeeeeeet.

Thanks!

---

Admittedly it's a lot easier to make things look good with the bigger size (IB), it's a bit of a challenge to get it all to make visual sense when I have less pixels to work with lol, but oh well.
Carilgar

PostPosted: Sat Aug 22, 2020 8:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like it a lot!!!
sohdbrimks

PostPosted: Sat Aug 22, 2020 1:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice work
Alyss
Explorer
Explorer

PostPosted: Thu Aug 27, 2020 10:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gurandra and I absolutely love your Fallen sprites, they're our favourite ones yet! Haha, it's pretty unusual for Fallen to get some love, but I really like your take on their design. And their sassy battle poses.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nexus Clash Forum Index -> Out-of-Character Discussion All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: