Nexus Clash

Login

Nickname

Password

Don't have an account yet? You can create one. Registered players can create up to three free characters to battle, team up with your friends and explore the worlds of the Nexus! To create a character once you have registered, click on Game Map at the top of the page.
Nexus Clash :: View topic - Innate Weapon Megathread
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Innate Weapon Megathread

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Wozzy
Misinformation Meme Machine
Misinformation Meme Machine

PostPosted: Wed May 06, 2020 7:56 am    Post subject: Innate Weapon Megathread Reply with quote

Buffs to existing innates or new innates welcome.
SaltedSalmon
Explorer
Explorer

PostPosted: Wed May 06, 2020 8:12 am    Post subject: Whoop Reply with quote

Collected from earlier.

Verdant Sling: Applies debuff based on ammunition used.
Infectious Blade: Refunds AP on kill.
Crossbow of Cold Resolve: Also deals Unsoakable Damage to opponent.

Whip of Torment: Two ideas.
1. Grapple effect which restricts or punishes movement in some form.
2. Can attack flying/ground enemies while on the ground/flying.

EDIT:
Also, another one for the Whip of Torment, having it remove a buff on hit.
Or have a chance to remove a buff.
Or replace a buff with a debuff, but only once.
Badziew

PostPosted: Wed May 06, 2020 11:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Infectious Blade: each hit by the weapon gives the target an instance of Infected status effect. Upon dealing the killing blow there is a cumulative 20% chance for each instance of Infected status effect on the character to spawn a Zombie pet with the killer set as its master.

Alternative version, although I am not sure if it can be implemented with current game internals:

Infectious Blade: a hit with this weapon gives the target an instance of Infected by [CHARNAME] status effect or extends its duration. The game remembers internally which character gave the status effect. A character can have multiple instances of the status effect only if it was attacked by multiple characters. When a character dies (no matter the cause of their death), a check is made for each instance of the Infected by [CHARNAME] status effect, in the order the status effects were inflicted. There is a 20% chance to spawn a Zombie pet belonging to the character that inflicted that instance of status effect. After the pet is spawned, the remaining instances of the status effect on the dying character are ignored and do not spawn more pets.
Liemannen

PostPosted: Thu May 07, 2020 8:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like that the Infectious Blade would actually give infections, but not a fan that it would give the lich pets which would be running free without the lich being present. Regular shambling zombies should be enough. But perhaps even the Shambler shouldn't be a 100% certain to spawn, busy liches might fill the whole map full of them.

Make the infection invisible, but make it curable by drinking a Vial of Angel Tears.
SaltedSalmon
Explorer
Explorer

PostPosted: Sat May 09, 2020 11:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Clockwork Blade: Inflicts a debuff which increases damage taken from auras.
Brightbow: Could go opposite day throwing with a -2 Soak -10% Defense debuff, but as it is, this weapon has a chance to give Conduit a significant gameplay difference if it ends up not being energy flare. Perhaps we could have some further discussion?

Generics for any attack attached to wings like Wing Shards or Razor Wings:(Potentially they could all have the same passive?)
Attacking someone while flying allows you one free move.
Alternatively, free attacks after moving.
Or hell, maybe flying movement adds supplemental damage to your next attack. This is the simplest choice for mobile users.
Badziew

PostPosted: Sat May 09, 2020 2:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Copied from chat and expanded:

Clockwork Blade: the weapon is made of many mechanical parts, and can change its shape between a few distinct forms, each form dealing a different type and amount of damage. Switching between forms is a player action and it costs a small amount of AP or MP.
Example forms:
- lightning edge: initial form, same damage (7 electric) as current version of the Skill
- blunt edge: 7 impact damage
- razor-sharp edge: 7 slashing damage
- giant spike: 7 piercing damage
- etc
JavaElemental
Mortal
Mortal

PostPosted: Tue May 12, 2020 1:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Brightbow: Change default damage type to piercing, with ability to switch damage type to any damage type you can make an enchantment for (whether you have enchant item or not).

Alternately, ability to cast spells using the bow tree instead of the spell combat tree using it, in addition to the current 1 mp 9 arcane damage ability it has.
sohdbrimks

PostPosted: Wed May 13, 2020 2:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not for or against any buffs, but I think they're fine where they are now. Dedicated players who want to optimize their characters might not see the appeal, but they are great for casual/feral players like me who don't want to bother with repairing or enchanting their weapons.

Enchanted weapons = stronger but needs lots of maintenance
Innate weapons = weaker but are always ready to go, you don't even need to buy the repair tree

Seens pretty balanced to me.
SaltedSalmon
Explorer
Explorer

PostPosted: Sat May 16, 2020 11:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

sohdbrimks wrote:
I'm not for or against any buffs, but I think they're fine where they are now. Dedicated players who want to optimize their characters might not see the appeal, but they are great for casual/feral players like me who don't want to bother with repairing or enchanting their weapons.
Enchanted weapons = stronger but needs lots of maintenance
Innate weapons = weaker but are always ready to go, you don't even need to buy the repair tree

Seens pretty balanced to me.

I mean it seens that way at first, but its weird upon closer inspection. There are a few reasons as to why they deserve a buff.
Take innate weapons like the Fallen's Dirk, or Acid Splittle, and compare them to something like the Crimson Gladius. Each of them is a 30 CP investment, but some are better than others, for some reason?
And that's fine sometimes, maybe certain classes are supposed to have better weapons. But there's no rhyme or reason to it, sometimes a class will have a useful AND a useless innate weapon(See:Conduit).

Other than that, Faction Play is supposed to be the norm for the game, so having something only useful for ferals is... Eh.
SaltedSalmon
Explorer
Explorer

PostPosted: Mon Nov 16, 2020 4:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I now feel that the Divine Herald innates should have a 10%~ chance to give you 1 AP or cause a second attack, like a weaker Wheel of Righteousness, since it somewhat syncs with rider abilities powering up with more attacks.
But who knows if Rider forms will stay next breath.

I think my past Whip of Torment suggestions were bad (Except the hit flying/grounded units while grounded/flying one), maybe extending certain debuffs on hit would be better since its something demons are good at.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nexus Clash Forum Index -> Suggestion Drafts All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: