Nexus Clash

Login

Nickname

Password

Don't have an account yet? You can create one. Registered players can create up to three free characters to battle, team up with your friends and explore the worlds of the Nexus! To create a character once you have registered, click on Game Map at the top of the page.
Nexus Clash :: View topic - HP Healed Badge Requirements Are Too Damn High
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

HP Healed Badge Requirements Are Too Damn High

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nexus Clash Forum Index -> Suggestions Dump
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Alyss
Explorer
Explorer

PostPosted: Mon Dec 02, 2019 6:45 am    Post subject: HP Healed Badge Requirements Are Too Damn High Reply with quote

I understand that the HP Healed badges still are nowhere near the most esoteric compared to many of the very hard badge grinds, but as one of the badges that a fresh or resetted character could feasibly attain during their levelling process, it doesn't make much sense for them to be so far out of reach.

500 books read equates to 5000 EXP, and the majority of characters will get those books in before they hit Level 20. If they purely do books for it, they'll have ~750 down by that point, which does take the edge off the 20+ book EXP drop (which I don't think is a great idea either, but not the point here) for getting the last quarter for the extra CP .

5000 healing as well would equate to 5000 EXP; of course because of level difference bonuses it's likely to be a fair amount more, but it's not as ubiquitously available as books (and if the EXP generation of healing's considered a problem, that should probably be addressed in a buff/change to other methods rather than an arbitrary raise in the healing CP).

5000/10000 healing would provide a comparable amount of EXP as 500/1000 books if focused on for levelling, and in my experience takes a broadly similar amount of time to achieve as well.

15k/20k is also a really wack scaling for the badge hand-out, hehe.

Based on all this I don't see any reason why healing badge requirements should not be changed to 100/500/1000/5000/10000. It gives it more parity in terms of a likely 'gift' of CP for a new character, and I don't think anyone'll be upset about one set of badges being less of a pain.
Dissident

PostPosted: Mon Dec 02, 2019 7:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I thought Healing was the easiest badge to farm in the right conditions. I would compute AP instead of XP in comparison because it's what makes badge grinding slow/fast
Alyss
Explorer
Explorer

PostPosted: Tue Dec 03, 2019 4:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Comparing by EXP is relevant here because it's one of the two (and-a-half) main methods characters're likely to level-up with, so it's a reference to what CP they're likely to get in the process. It's more a question of the lack of parity of the 10 CP+ 'missing' if a new player levels by it, since you don't hit 15k healing by Level 30.

In terms of AP, healing is certainly not easier than books by any stretch. Under the best possible conditions you need to find and use for the full amount 750 and 1000 FAKs respectively for the 10 and 15 CP. In reality it'll be a higher number of FAKs used. FAKs are a lower findrate item than books as well.
catvom

PostPosted: Tue Dec 03, 2019 10:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

In my opinion, CP badges shouldn't be something you just get along with normal play, they should be rewarded for extra effort put towards that specific goal.

If anything, I believe that the books read badge requirements should be increased before reducing HP healed requirements again (as it has already been dropped from 50k/100k).

But then I always prefer nerfing for balance purposes rather than buffing, else you end up with an ever escalating circle of buffing.

That being said I would be interested to know how many of the badge requirements are reached by someone concentrating on leveling by a single skill (engineering, lockpicking, crafting etc) to the exclusion of all else, by the time they max out.
If it turns out that it would be normal for the first badge to be reached then I could see the argument to balance all the badge requirements based on that

Regarding ease of healing vs reading, lets not forget Surgery, which every character leveling by healing will have, and which removes the need for FAKs entirely and means the character doesn't even have to leave the SH for supplies. Yes it increases the cost of the heal action to 5ap, but depending on location/travel and environmental factors, you may be taking 5+ap to find and read/use a single book/FAK
Kandarin
Dreamweaver
Dreamweaver

PostPosted: Thu Mar 04, 2021 2:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's supposed to be pushing the boundaries of what's attainable via usual leveling, but not require way more. As it is, this is an easy grind to get if it's at all part of your character's faction lifestyle or ever was at some point in their lives.
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nexus Clash Forum Index -> Suggestions Dump All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: