Nexus Clash

Login

Nickname

Password

Don't have an account yet? You can create one. Registered players can create up to three free characters to battle, team up with your friends and explore the worlds of the Nexus! To create a character once you have registered, click on Game Map at the top of the page.
Nexus Clash :: View topic - Extra XP from being feral
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Extra XP from being feral

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nexus Clash Forum Index -> Suggestions Dump
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Yukari

PostPosted: Tue Feb 09, 2016 7:10 pm    Post subject: Extra XP from being feral Reply with quote

More ferals are a good thing, right? Means more XP for both other ferals and factioned dudes, right?

So, as an incentive for folks to play feral, what about giving all actions caused while being unfactioned give more XP? Say, 20% more: Books would yield 12/6, engineering 6/30, repairing 12, etc.

It would probably mean some people would go temporarily feral in order to level up quicker, then join a faction when/near maxxed out, but that doesn't really strike me as a bad thing, no? At any one time there will be people levelling up, so even if temporary, it means more targets out in the open.

Since this only affects levelling up speed and not really changes any aspect of balance, it also feels rather harmless all in all.

I suppose I can see some people trying to get around it and leave their faction, earn exp, then rejoin their faction right away. In order to thwart this workaround, I suppose it could be made that this bonus is not made effective until you've gone at least 24h factionless.

That's the gist of it.
RaelCleap
Nexus Clash Veteran
Nexus Clash Veteran

PostPosted: Wed Feb 10, 2016 1:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Personally, I think the xp is not the thing that discourages feral play. Its the respawn costs. XP is fine as is for factioned chars and ferals. In fact my ferals level faster regardless and get more done on the badge grind.

If you really want to Encourage Feral play...

Lower the re-spawn after death costs, as this in all honesty is what discourages Fearl play... The Death. I have said this a few times in the feral discussions I have had in the past. Bigger xp would change nothing other than abusing it.

If I had less than 50% of level taken in death ap Tax, that would be a damb fine incentive to play feral. It is also more balanced and unabusable. Just make it so you can't leave a faction while floating in the Void to stop the only abuse I can see.

I have a lot of Feral characters. It's a shame I am in a minority of a dieing breed.
Ravenik

PostPosted: Tue Apr 05, 2016 8:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think that more focus could be put on wilderness sleeping rather than being feral vs. factioned. Targets are targets! What if people received search bonuses the longer that they are on a (non SH) resource tile, or otherwise gain the benefits that Yukari suggests?
vvaivi
Explorer
Explorer

PostPosted: Tue Apr 05, 2016 9:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Some sort of survival counter, "Hours since last death", with hours spent outside of a stronghold counting double. Yes, that doesn't make any sense.

Last edited by vvaivi on Tue Apr 05, 2016 10:06 am; edited 10 times in total
Repth
Lore Developer
Lore Developer

PostPosted: Tue Apr 05, 2016 9:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Over half of my characters are feral.

/me lurks
Kandarin
Dreamweaver
Dreamweaver

PostPosted: Thu Mar 04, 2021 2:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There should be some sort of perk for feral life, but what it is is up for debate and it's a low priority.
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nexus Clash Forum Index -> Suggestions Dump All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: