Nexus Clash

Login

Nickname

Password

Don't have an account yet? You can create one. Registered players can create up to three free characters to battle, team up with your friends and explore the worlds of the Nexus! To create a character once you have registered, click on Game Map at the top of the page.
Nexus Clash :: View topic - The Aethersprite: Ieflin's journel
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The Aethersprite: Ieflin's journel

View previous topic :: View next topic  
sekki
Mortal
Mortal

PostPosted: Mon Mar 08, 2021 11:24 pm    Post subject: The Aethersprite: Ieflin's journel Reply with quote

Today I am embarking on my long-awaited journey to study one of the most beloved of Elysium’s denizens - the aethersprite! It’s been a looong journey here. You see, I may have cut one too many power lines in my last life and so had to spend the beginning of this new life fixing doors, healing folks, helping old grannies, etc. But I'm finally freeee, Elysium here I come!

-Ieflin
sekki
Mortal
Mortal

PostPosted: Fri Mar 12, 2021 3:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I made it to Ely! I spent a couple of days wandering around, seeing the aethersprites and visiting libraries. Although I did get killed. But luckily I respawned in Ely so it wasn’t too bad!

Why am I wandering Elysium instead of just… summoning one? Excellent question! I’m still a Shepherd and haven’t mastered enough magic to learn the Aethersprite summoning array. Besides, it’ll be good to compare how the Aethersprite interacts in its natural habitat versus as a summon.
sekki
Mortal
Mortal

PostPosted: Sat Mar 13, 2021 4:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You know I was asked the other day by someone if I'd seen any aethersprites before he killed me again. (Are they stalking me? Because. Creepy. Also death fetish much?) And I have! There are so many wandering around and it's been great taking walks outside to meet them. And I'll have you know that sleeping inside is a very normal person thing to do >:(
sekki
Mortal
Mortal

PostPosted: Sat Mar 13, 2021 10:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was trying to befriend some aethersprites but I think the horde of Judgemasters around it took it the wrong way. (Maybe I should have tried talking to the lightspeaker first? But he looked very bling, very blue and very menacing :x.) So here I am, once again, floating in the void. At least the aethersprite tried to heal me, so I've got that going for me which is nice...
sekki
Mortal
Mortal

PostPosted: Thu Mar 18, 2021 12:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So I was minding my own business, reading books and shooting targets when I was jumped by some sort of deadly beast or was it an insect? Elysium's libraries sure are dangerous... somehow sleeping out in the field was safer.

But anyways, I found a tome on aethersprites so I'll copy the relevant bits here for future reference:

The aethersprite often appears as a small wiisp of white or blue light.
    They can be found wandering Elysium or aiding the forces of good by the side of a Lightspeaker.
    While they can fight in a pinch the aethersprite’s strong suit is actually in healing the forces of good.

Although... I coulda sworn I saw some aethersprites that had different shapes and colors as I've been wandering around. Might be time for a field trip.

*AN: If anything said here is inconsistent with lore let me know and I'll fix it. Kinda making this up as I go along.
sekki
Mortal
Mortal

PostPosted: Fri Mar 19, 2021 7:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It seems I am fated to wander in and out of the void. With only an aethersprites healing touch to comfort me :(.

But the journey must continue. So here I am, in a library, reading more books.

- You read the book. It is a precious volume containing a selection of prayers and psalms. Included are a few annotations by a previous owner. You learned something from the book! You gain 10 experience points! (2021-03-19 18:35:02).

My favorite was the following:
"We pray for safe travels, that the sun will always shine, that the aethersprites shall protect us, and that we shall find the lore we seek."

The annotations were kinda rude though.
sekki
Mortal
Mortal

PostPosted: Mon Mar 22, 2021 3:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It has been two trips to the void since I last updated. In the first one I was eaten by a Netherhound, which rude. Second time I got uh. scrutinized to death? Didn't even know that was a thing.

But before I died the first time I was handed a couple of really cool books (thanks Obelisk!):

- You read the book. The book is a theoretical discussion about the source of power used by aethersprites. You learned something from the book! You gain 10 experience points! (2021-03-21 04:56:37).
Apparently the aethersprite uses the power of life to sustain itself! While the wild aethersprite adapts itself to the life energies of Elysium the summoned aethersprite uses the life energy, also known as MP of its summoner.

- You read the book. You aren't entirely sure, but the pages seem to be glowing softly. You learned something from the book! You gain 10 experience points! (2021-03-21 04:56:42).
There was an aethersprite hidden in the pages. I almost shrieked but I didn't. (Really. I didn't.)

- You read the book. The pages are blank, but afterward, you feel that you have learned something you should have always known. You learned something from the book! You gain 10 experience points! (2021-03-21 04:56:45).
I think this last one was my favorite. It helped me realize that the real treasure was the aethersprites we met along the way.
sekki
Mortal
Mortal

PostPosted: Wed Mar 24, 2021 3:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

...I think there is a dinosaur with a gun running around Ely. It's on a murderous rampage I tell you. Although I guess even dinosaurs don't wanna pick fights with a giant horde of voles.

The other thing I'm pondering these days is how does a virtuecaster even work? Like apparently you load morality into a gun and shoot it? Why does morality hurt? Is the damage even physical? So many questions.

In other news I did find a bag of XP so that was cool! Oh and father christmas stopped by with some books. And also a grenade but apparently that was an accident.
sekki
Mortal
Mortal

PostPosted: Sat Mar 27, 2021 2:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's been a couple of nice peaceful days in Elysium. I guess some libraries are safer than others. I've been alternating between some light reading, some light drinking and sleeping with the aethersprites.

I feel like I've gotten to the section of the library which is meant to frighten and confuse people:

- You read the book. Its either a book of philosophy or an unbelievably complex mathematical proof, and you cannot tell which. You learned something from the book! You gain 10 experience points! (2021-03-25 23:54:44).
- You read the book. It is an extensively annotated tract, debunking the existence of so-called 'Pudding Elementals'. You learned something from the book! You gain 10 experience points! (2021-03-26 17:39:51).
- You read the book. It appears to be an atlas of the Earth, but none of the continents are the right shape. Somehow, you don't think this is a mistake. You learned something from the book! You gain 10 experience points! (2021-03-27 20:13:02).
sekki
Mortal
Mortal

PostPosted: Fri Apr 02, 2021 12:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's been a couple of exciting days back on the mortal plane.

Found a lot of materials, potions and gems so I went to find a shop to sell them to. In exchange I got a treasure trove of tomes. I haven't found anything of particular interest yet but I'm sure that there is something buried in here that is worth reading!

Also there were like 5 whole people in the library I was visiting! This has to be a record or something. I'm usually the only one there.
sekki
Mortal
Mortal

PostPosted: Sun Apr 04, 2021 2:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was wandering around Elysium and found a long staircase going downwards. At the end there were a couple of people standing around like they were waiting for something. I was curious so I eavesdropped a bit and learned about how there was a hunt for the Crystal Guardian happening soon.

It sounded interesting so I decided to tag along. But there were no aethersprites up there, only Crystal constructors so it was a sad couple of hours. The hunt itself was really exciting! Though I did get nommed by a skeleton in the end.

But as I was dying I finally grasped how to summon the aethersprite! Now my life is complete.

~Here ends Ieflin's Journal, thanks for reading along!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nexus Clash Forum Index -> Club Jörmungandr All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: